BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

32 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

waggot is a crook and a manipulator,he`ll be on to venkys spewing his bull**** about needing money for players,he won`t want a relegation damaging his cosy little payday

Either way, the owners are the ones that decide on the budget. If your scenario played out and worked then that would be good, but I doubt it.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not really correct though is it. He's paid £300,000 a year by Rovers so at least some people or some part of your ST money will be going to him.

Not to mention the other people in the 'senior management' structure who are on god knows how much a year.

I am fully aware of Waggott's salary plus others of the off field management team but I don't see it your way as I see Blackburn Rovers bigger than any one name, so I see my money going to Blackburn Rovers(the team I love and supported every single minute of each day). 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

waggot is a crook and a manipulator,he`ll be on to venkys spewing his bull**** about needing money for players,he won`t want a relegation damaging his cosy little payday

It's managed decline they all know the risks but don't seem to care and if there is no real investment this summer it seals our fate and shows exactly what their agenda is.

7 hours ago, J*B said:

We're imposing a £10 tax on buying in person so that staffing levels are not needed, but instead people are talking fans through how to avoid it over the phone? How long is that taking? Am I going insane?

No, it's just the usual maggot being as thick as pig shit spending £50 to save a fiver.

Not that I would ever give a single penny to the club as long as venkys are around, but if I were to buy a ticket I'd deliberately do it over the phone and take as much time as possible just to spite them. Actually, I would go into the shop and get the staff to show me in person how to do it online.

This £10 penalty fee for buying in person is absolutely disgusting. Anyone defending it is just as big a piece of shit as maggot IMO.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And they try to justify it with the response of a six year old, ‘err, well, everybody else does it’… which, of course, is a lie anyway.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware of Waggott's salary plus others of the off field management team but I don't see it your way as I see Blackburn Rovers bigger than any one name, so I see my money going to Blackburn Rovers(the team I love and supported every single minute of each day). 

You can see it any way you like. But reality is that all season ticket money goes into the club to pay the wages of employees. And at the top of that tree sits Waggott and the other shadowy individuals like Pasha and the others who I doubt have ever even been to Ewood Park.

Its nothing to do with the club being bigger than individuals. Its simple business. Money brought in pays wages and then in our case the owners (or increasingly sales of assets) top up the difference.

Your love of the club or otherwise doesn't change how that works.

I'm not criticising you, I'll probably be in the same boat come deadline day. But I won't delude myself that the money is doing good or that it proves what a good supporter I am. I feel very uncomfortable doing it.

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You can see it any way you like. But reality is that all season ticket money goes into the club to pay the wages of employees. And at the top of that tree sits Waggott and the other shadowy individuals like Pasha and the others who I doubt have ever even been to Ewood Park.

Its nothing to do with the club being bigger than individuals. Its simple business. Money brought in pays wages and then in our case the owners (or increasingly sales of assets) top up the difference.

Your love of the club or otherwise doesn't change how that works.

I'm not criticising you, I'll probably be in the same boat come deadline day. But I won't delude myself that the money is doing good or that it proves what a good supporter I am. I feel very uncomfortable doing it.

That's your viewpoint and I have stayed my viewpoint 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Vinjay said:

That's not saying much. 

😂. Not as they are now vs as we were then and I doubt ever. They’ve alway had the attitude of well if 10,000 of you want to fuck off there’s another 10,000. Rovers now have the same attitude of well if 10,000 of you want to fuck off there’s 0 coming in. Meh. In many ways that makes us a lot worse than manure these days. 

Edited by matt83

9 hours ago, Vinjay said:

That's not saying much. 

On a related theme, Vinjay, I'm finding myself becoming increasingly peed off seeing Wilcox sat amongst the United bigwigs. I didn't think it would bother me all that much, but it does. The camera panned to him looking glum during one game (before they won the Cup, think it was the Palace battering) and it just hit me.

Since then, I've been hearing talkSPORT and various people online trot out their "well, they've got Wilcox there, he'll sort them out" spiel. I have to turn that crap off. I can only imagine how you feel about it!

Obviously, he can work for whoever he wants. That lot though, just doesn't sit right. He could very well have been our DOF had we remained as a normal Club with decent owners.

37 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

2600 sold so far. 

Oh dear. That rather dents swags they’re flying off the shelves “over 2,000 in 2 days” narrative. 600 in the next 5. 🤦‍♂️. Why because the price is shit, there’s no optimism and people are fed up 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, matt83 said:

Oh dear. That rather dents swags they’re flying off the shelves “over 2,000 in 2 days” narrative. 600 in the next 5. 🤦‍♂️. Why because the price is shit, there’s no optimism and people are fed up 

It will be interesting to see what the final figures will be.

14 hours ago, lraC said:

It isn't aimed at anyone in particular this, but for those who have renewed, here is a scenario and I wondered how you would feel.

Income becomes a real issue for some reason and you find yourself unable to afford to renew, but would just about scrape enough together if you could get a £100 reduction.

You E Mail the club and tell them your circumstances and having had a season ticket for 25 years, ask for some sort of compassionate discount, due to your loyalty.

The club E Mail you back and say, tough the price is the price, if we do this for you, we will have to do it for everyone.

How would you feel?

To be honest I always thought you should get a free season ticket if you've had one for 10 years straight.

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

A really positive first week of sales considering the shit show of the last 12 months. It’s 3000 more than the owners/Board deserve. 

How many is it now then, bang on the 3,000?

12 hours ago, matt83 said:

Wasn’t the ‘over 2000’ after the first four days?

Still a big slowdown  given the number sold after one day

Posted (edited)

I see on the official site under the topic of key dates, the play-off dates are not mentioned. That must mean we are going for automatic promotion.

Edited by rigger

12k should be our bare minimum, 15k should be our target. We'd average 20k a season then which is what a club and town our size in the 2nd tier should be doing really as a minimum.

We'll limp to 8k - 9k I'd imagine, will still be surprised if it even surpasses last season.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

A really positive first week of sales considering the shit show of the last 12 months. It’s 3000 more than the owners/Board deserve. 

I agree it is a positive sign. With it being payday for some fans today, and in the coming days I think we see more sales. 

Like I said the under 18's prices are cheap as chips tbh. Good move by Rovers and getting under 18's move into Rovers and football

We’ve no idea if it’s a positive sign considering they were put on sale almost two months later than last year, so of course a few thousand will buy pretty much straight away as the sale window has been concertinaed. 

It might be, might not be, we’ll only know post claim your seat deadline and phase 1.