BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

5 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

A really positive first week of sales considering the shit show of the last 12 months. It’s 3000 more than the owners/Board deserve. 

Spot on.

7 hours ago, superniko said:

12k should be our bare minimum, 15k should be our target. We'd average 20k a season then which is what a club and town our size in the 2nd tier should be doing really as a minimum.

We'll limp to 8k - 9k I'd imagine, will still be surprised if it even surpasses last season.

I couldn't agree more. 

The kids tickets are certainly really cheap, although the adult prices are not much lower than last season so obviously if an adult wants to take a child, the majority of the expense ie the adult ticket will still cost them a lot.

It does feel that those who have conversed with Waggott seem keen to really push this as a success story as a direct result of their work, and the prices are better, but I am not convinced that the difference will see a spike in sales considering the feeling around the club a year on.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The kids tickets are certainly really cheap, although the adult prices are not much lower than last season so obviously if an adult wants to take a child, the majority of the expense ie the adult ticket will still cost them a lot.

It does feel that those who have conversed with Waggott seem keen to really push this as a success story as a direct result of their work, and the prices are better, but I am not convinced that the difference will see a spike in sales considering the feeling around the club a year on.

Have you renew or not? 

Posted (edited)

Lets be honest, not many folk are going to decide to wait until phase 2 and pay an extra 80 quid. It seems too daft for words. More so for anyone choosing the finance option. 

So June 22 is the deadline when we will know the true number of ST holders.

3000 is a long way off 9500 and a million miles off 12000.

Only a Marquee signing or two would create a surge (laughing emoji) but otherwise, I will say "almost 6000" (more being U12) so a bit of a disaster for Suhail and Steve.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I’m really pleased with the offering this season.

I don’t believe that there is any sort of magic formula that the club could’ve used to spike numbers this season. It was difficult to give tickets away last season. If we had dropped them to £300 across the board rather than £350, how many extra do you think we’d sell purely based on price? A long term plan to re-engage support and make attending games at Ewood a more attractive proposition is needed. 

At the most basic level, the club will always judge season ticket sales in terms of revenue, and supporters will always judge them in terms of numbers. With concessionary tickets at the level they are - undeniably the cheapest they have ever been - I see this as a step from the club to attempt to boost the numbers while protecting their revenue target.

Before any official announcements it was widely accepted/suspected by a large portion of the fanbase that we would see an increase across the board. On here and on Twitter it was stated that people had inside information and a 5% increase was happening. I’m delighted this wasn’t the case. While I wish they had gone in a bit more committed on the Riverside introductory offer with something closer to what we proposed, and I wish they would bin the idea of early bird and tiered pricing completely, they have exceeded expectations in terms of concessionary tickets and offered a discount across the board. So yeah, I think it warrants being pushed as a success story.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Lets be honest, not many folk are going to decide to wait until phase 2 and pay an extra 80 quid. It seems too daft for words. More so for anyone choosing the finance option. 

So June 22 is the deadline when we will know the true number of ST holders.

3000 is a long way off 9500 and a million miles off 12000.

Only a Marquee signing or two would create a surge (laughing emoji) but otherwise, I will say "almost 6000" (more being U12) so a bit of a disaster for Suhail and Steve.

I suppose if they are struggling for sales ‘Phase 1’ suddenly becomes more elastic. We’ve seen it many times before.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if i was`nt so cynical about the club as it stands,i`de suggest they only introduced the extremely good deal for children to boost the numbers.very unlike swag and the indians to introduce anything worthy unless they had a hidden agenda

Is the guy who sorts the Ewood express thing for kids now a Commercial Director or something ?

Perhaps they finally have a local man on board who they are listening to.

Posted (edited)

Obviously that Fidler or whatever he’s called has fecked off as wasn’t his view inexplicably not to try and get young fans in the ground as ‘kids don’t want to watch football, they’d rather wear a VR headset’ or some other bollocks.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I agree that WATR have done a good lobbying job, probably the best offer they could’ve got out of them, as they just aren’t going to follow Bolton/PNE.

But, like the Watford game why does it take fans (in other words volunteers giving up their free time) to make them wake up down there. Aren’t they paid professionals supposedly in marketing and commercial jobs?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I agree that WATR have done a good lobbying job, probably the best offer they could’ve got out of them, as they just aren’t going to follow Bolton/PNE.

But, like the Watford game why does it take fans (in other words volunteers giving up their free time) to make them wake up down there. Aren’t they paid professionals supposedly in marketing and commercial jobs?

I don't think the likes of Waggott or Read understand the local mentality and mindset. John Williams didn't when he arrived but quickly came to understand us and Rovers reaped the benefits.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't think the likes of Waggott or Read understand the local mentality and mindset. John Williams didn't when he arrived but quickly came to understand us and Rovers reaped the benefits.

Get Simon Williams back as CEO who was Head of commercial and Marketing when his dad was here as Chairman 

• Moderation Lead
3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I can only speak for myself, but I’m really pleased with the offering this season.

I don’t believe that there is any sort of magic formula that the club could’ve used to spike numbers this season. It was difficult to give tickets away last season. If we had dropped them to £300 across the board rather than £350, how many extra do you think we’d sell purely based on price? A long term plan to re-engage support and make attending games at Ewood a more attractive proposition is needed. 

At the most basic level, the club will always judge season ticket sales in terms of revenue, and supporters will always judge them in terms of numbers. With concessionary tickets at the level they are - undeniably the cheapest they have ever been - I see this as a step from the club to attempt to boost the numbers while protecting their revenue target.

Before any official announcements it was widely accepted/suspected by a large portion of the fanbase that we would see an increase across the board. On here and on Twitter it was stated that people had inside information and a 5% increase was happening. I’m delighted this wasn’t the case. While I wish they had gone in a bit more committed on the Riverside introductory offer with something closer to what we proposed, and I wish they would bin the idea of early bird and tiered pricing completely, they have exceeded expectations in terms of concessionary tickets and offered a discount across the board. So yeah, I think it warrants being pushed as a success story.

Magic formula would be some ambition in tandem with cheaper tickets tbf.

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

The kids prices are the primary success story undoubtedly, kudos to the club for that.

But the adult prices are not really much different so numbers wont change much, even if you consider adults taking children, their ticket will still be quite steep so the overall price of their ticket and a childs ticket wont have changed that much.

Everything continues to be so short term focused, based on each individual season and not considering both the indirect potential (other sales, merchandice, food etc) impact, the atmospheric impact of having more people and also crucially the long term benefits of having more season ticket holders going forward who might then buy one going forward. Waggott obviously wants his bonus and the owners are notoriously inflexible and also desperate for money now so I doubt if he turned round and said, bare with us this season, pricing reductions might even cause slightly less ticket income this season but other income might go up and in the long term we are planting foundations for healtheir numbers, they wont want to know.

Youve also got to factor in the additional unnecessary issues such as these stupid phases where prices then go up after a short initial window, the £10 charge and also the many things youve raised that have just been ignored including flexible ticketing. 

I do feel that as much as I respect anyone giving their time and effort to try and put across very good points and I do think its help, anyone involved will naturally be biased in terms of the impact they feel they have made and spinning that to be a succes beyond perhaps what it actually is. You have all made a positive impact but I dont feel like they are "really pleasing" pricing policies.

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The kids prices are the primary success story undoubtedly, kudos to the club for that.

But the adult prices are not really much different so numbers wont change much, even if you consider adults taking children, their ticket will still be quite steep so the overall price of their ticket and a childs ticket wont have changed that much.

Everything continues to be so short term focused, based on each individual season and not considering both the indirect potential (other sales, merchandice, food etc) impact, the atmospheric impact of having more people and also crucially the long term benefits of having more season ticket holders going forward who might then buy one going forward. Waggott obviously wants his bonus and the owners are notoriously inflexible and also desperate for money now so I doubt if he turned round and said, bare with us this season, pricing reductions might even cause slightly less ticket income this season but other income might go up and in the long term we are planting foundations for healtheir numbers, they wont want to know.

Youve also got to factor in the additional unnecessary issues such as these stupid phases where prices then go up after a short initial window, the £10 charge and also the many things youve raised that have just been ignored including flexible ticketing. 

I do feel that as much as I respect anyone giving their time and effort to try and put across very good points and I do think its help, anyone involved will naturally be biased in terms of the impact they feel they have made and spinning that to be a succes beyond perhaps what it actually is. You have all made a positive impact but I dont feel like they are "really pleasing" pricing policies.

have you renew your season ticket? 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How low would you like to see the standard adult ticket go? Would dropping them down to £300 be enough? Or would that be not too different enough from what they have actually done?

Again, Preston are seen as the benchmark. They don’t offer any reduction in their early bird prices on either senior tickets or young adults. We are far cheaper in both of those brackets. And if a parent is taking kids of secondary school age then our tickets come in quite a lot cheaper than theirs. Our adult tickets are £55 more expensive, but our tickets for those aged 11-18 are £75 cheaper, and our young adults (that run a year longer) are less than half the price of theirs. I’d argue that this focus on providing real value for younger generations is a step towards the exact sort of long term thinking we need.

I can’t argue with the phases and I hope to see the early bird period extended. I don’t think the £10 charge will be a preventative factor for people, but rather a minor annoyance. There is definitely a reluctance to provide a flexible alternative, I think largely due to a fear that people who are renewing would opt for that instead of a full season ticket  rather than seeing it as a source of potential new sales.

There may be some truth to your last point, but to counter, there are a number of fans who are very vocal on here, twitter etc. who are incredibly unhappy with all facets of the club and the people responsible for ticketing decisions, and are also naturally inclined to view everything in a biased way too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

How low would you like to see the standard adult ticket go? Would dropping them down to £300 be enough? Or would that be not too different enough from what they have actually done?

Again, Preston are seen as the benchmark. They don’t offer any reduction in their early bird prices on either senior tickets or young adults. We are far cheaper in both of those brackets. And if a parent is taking kids of secondary school age then our tickets come in quite a lot cheaper than theirs. Our adult tickets are £55 more expensive, but our tickets for those aged 11-18 are £75 cheaper, and our young adults (that run a year longer) are less than half the price of theirs. I’d argue that this focus on providing real value for younger generations is a step towards the exact sort of long term thinking we need.

I can’t argue with the phases and I hope to see the early bird period extended. I don’t think the £10 charge will be a preventative factor for people, but rather a minor annoyance. There is definitely a reluctance to provide a flexible alternative, I think largely due to a fear that people who are renewing would opt for that instead of a full season ticket  rather than seeing it as a source of potential new sales.

There may be some truth to your last point, but to counter, there are a number of fans who are very vocal on here, twitter etc. who are incredibly unhappy with all facets of the club and the people responsible for ticketing decisions, and are also naturally inclined to view everything in a biased way too.

I understand that some won't be able to afford to pay for a ticket in full, but for those who can, £15 a game for an adult is a fair price in itself, but £16 for a lad and dad is fantastic value. 

• Like 1

End of the day 24 quid off an adult season ticket isn’t going to move the dial - remember the majority of fans don’t take kids with them, so little has changed.

But the club isn’t interested in taking a gamble to potentially move said dial, so it is what it is and I’ll take the offer they’ve made on kids tickets, as at least it’s something, and something for the future generations too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

I understand that some won't be able to afford to pay for a ticket in full, but for those who can, £15 a game for an adult is a fair price in itself, but £16 for a lad and dad is fantastic value. 

I agree its fantastic Value for a dad and son or daughter for example. My Best Friend took his 5 year old son to his first ever home game in our last home game and he really enjoyed it. So he is buying him a ST this coming season. A pound a game is a bargain for under 12 or roughly 2.50 for under 18. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Comparing to Preston and Bolton, ultimately you are having to go through the different scenarios of potential adult and concession groups that may go to try and make us seem comparatively cheaper but the main stand out figure will always be the adult ticket price, naturally the most expensive and the most common and that hasnt changed much, certainly not enough to make much of a difference.

Anything else the club does and like I said, it is great to see the kids prices etc decrease, pales somewhat to insignificance, the only way of making significant inroads is by reducing that adult amount. I appreciate the balancing act finding that sweet spot and the issue is the club dont look at the bigger picture, everything is so short term focused whereas even if it is say a season or two at £249 or even £299 (looks better starting with a 2) and then you can potentially push it up very gradually in the future but youve then got a bigger number of current season ticket holders in the system to begin with. And they also dont consider the indirect revenue that comes alongside tickets and also the improvement in atmosphere that then improves the product which makes tickets an easier sell.

The £15 a game headline is obviously factual but also a little misleading in that, especially with this stupid Sky deal but even before, I bet most people have to miss at least a game or two anyway due to holidays/family issues etc before you consider night games and other movements of kick offs.