BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

Prices are reasonable if you purchase via the early bird offer, which I have done. Sadly they went on sale far later than they should have done and the early bird offer doesn't give most people the time they need.

• Like 4

I’m hoping they see sense and at the phase 1 ‘deadline’ they come out with something like; ‘Due to the fantastic response to our ticket offer we have decided to ensure as many fans as possible can take advantage of our 30th anniversary Phase 1 pricing, so have extended the offer (yada yada)’

Indeed, I hope that’s aways been the plan and phase 1 is just a marketing ruse to get folk buying quick. As otherwise it’s a very short phase 1 (because they were two months later on sale than last year), and only one payday before they ridiculously bump them up 80 quid -  and *surely* they aren’t actually expecting anybody to be paying that in just three weeks time. 

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

I don't think the likes of Waggott or Read understand the local mentality and mindset. John Williams didn't when he arrived but quickly came to understand us and Rovers reaped the benefits.

John Williams was an intelligent person with pride and integrity.

None of the people who occupy positions of power at the club nowadays have any of these qualities.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’m hoping they see sense and at the phase 1 ‘deadline’ they come out with something like; ‘Due to the fantastic response to our ticket offer we have decided to ensure as many fans as possible can take advantage of our 30th anniversary Phase 1 pricing, so have extended the offer (yada yada)’

Indeed, I hope that’s aways been the plan and phase 1 is just a marketing ruse to get folk buying quick. As otherwise it’s a very short phase 1 (because they were two months later on sale than last year), and only one payday before they ridiculously bump them up 80 quid -  and *surely* they aren’t actually expecting anybody to be paying that in just three weeks time. 

Weren’t we hoping something similar last year re: extending the early phase pre price hike and Swag just pushed on regardless. Got to be the worst CEO and worst run professional club, bloody heartbreaking.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)

£1/game off an adult ST won’t move numbers. £5/game, however…

Or round it off at £100 off (so range of £250-£350) would see fans pile in imo. It would also have the benefit of not having fans feel ‘cheated’ (I doubt they do anyway) by the occasional £10 offers.

My ideal has always been something like:

£230 (cheapest price, tenner a game) Riverside.

£250 Both Ends, and JWL wings.

£300 JWL central and JWU wings.

£350 JWU central.

£100 off those for OAPs, students, 16-23, disabled (incl carer).

Kids £50 anywhere.

I’d also suggest a non ST scheme of £50 (pro-rated depending on area of the ground) non-refundable deposit = £10 for any game you choose to attend that season.

It’s not about ‘being cheap’, for me. It’s about making it EASIER to support Rovers.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

£300 JWL central and JWU wings.

£350 JWU central.

I’d also suggest a non ST scheme of £50 non-refundable deposit = £10 for any game you choose to attend that season.

No point have ST's in these areas as your scheme makes it cheaper not to have one

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Kids £50 anywhere.

charging under 12 more than double than the current price

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No point have ST's in these areas as your scheme makes it cheaper not to have one

charging under 12 more than double than the current price

I thought it was obviously I meant Riverside, but fair enough. Could pro-rate the deposit to apply to other parts of the ground though?

Yes, but I’m considering the overall package, not the gimmick. The last thing I said was that it isn’t about ‘being cheap’.

For example: On my own, there’s no incentive for me to go at over £300, but at £346 for myself and the boys (if they were of an age I could take them), it’s brilliant.

The overall package needs to be affordable for everybody.

Edited by Mike E

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I thought it was obviously I meant Riverside, but fair enough. Could pro-rate the deposit to apply to other parts of

the ground though?

You post deffo doesn't make it clear at all Mike. 

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Yes, but I’m considering the overall package, not the gimmick. The last thing I said was that it isn’t about ‘being cheap’.

For example: On my own, there’s no incentive for me to go at over £300, but at £346 for myself and the boys (if they were of an age I could take them), it’s brilliant.

The overall package needs to be affordable for everybody.

I think the prices from my own and the person I go with prospect, we think its cheap and £15 per game is cheap as chips plus his son's new ST of £23 make its very affordable. I accepted, Others people might not be able to depending on their situation but For some people, the problem isn't the price but the fact they can't make games regular to having to work weekends or having children with activities at weekend so no point having ST. 

the club have made it more affordable for under 18's to attend with the Dad for example or with granddad which I think is great cos that the age you wanted to attract new fans and grow the fan base. I would like Rovers to go more by given anyone under the 8 a free Rovers hat, gloves and scarf set. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You post deffo doesn't make it clear at all Mike. 

I think the prices from my own and the person I go with prospect, we think its cheap and £15 per game is cheap as chips plus his son's new ST of £23 make its very affordable. I accepted, Others people might not be able to depending on their situation but For some people, the problem isn't the price but the fact they can't make games regular to having to work weekends or having children with activities at weekend so no point having ST. 

the club have made it more affordable for under 18's to attend with the Dad for example or with granddad which I think is great cos that the age you wanted to attract new fans and grow the fan base. I would like Rovers to go more by given anyone under the 8 a free Rovers hat, gloves and scarf set. 

You clearly missed the point of my post. As you always do. I often think it’s deliberate at this point.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You clearly missed the point of my post. As you always do. I often think it’s deliberate at this point.

No, I understand your point thanks Mike but I explained my point of view from my own prospect whilst understanding other people situation financials and understanding not every one situation is down to finances or cost of ST's but family or work situations.  

You say you can't afford the current prices of ST is fair enough. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No, I understand your point thanks Mike but I explained my point of view from my own prospect whilst understanding other people situation financials and understanding not every one situation is down to finances or cost of ST's but family or work situations.  

You say you can't afford the current prices of ST is fair enough. 

Nope, you definitely missed my point. I’ve never said the reason I won’t buy is because I can’t afford it.

It’s because the package doesn’t make it easy for EVERYONE to support Rovers.

That is to say that whatever your circumstances, it should be easy to support Rovers.

For example: The current package for me to take my boys would be £349 + £23 + £23 = £395. Fantastic value.

But £349 for me alone? Awful value (compared to what I’ve paid before) and will only increase if I delay my decision.

Prices should be fixed, and affordable for EVERY circumstance.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

How many chips could you get for £350?

Not that many less than a 100 portions. Think it was £4 a portion last season but I may be dated with that price been a while since bought any on the ground.

52 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But £349 for me alone? Awful value (compared to what I’ve paid before) and will only increase if I delay my decision.

I think £349 for ST for myself is excellent value for money, just over £15 per game. 

Can I please ask why was the last time you had a ST and what was the price? 

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think £349 for ST for myself is excellent value for money, just over £15 per game. 

I think it was the 2015/16 season, £249 BBE Lower, N03. I think my dad’s was £179 or similar, and I recall kids prices were £60 (albeit I was single and childless then).

So applying those prices to now, £249 on my own; worth it. £369 for me and my two boys; worth it. Whichever way your family make-up, the STs represented value for every ticketholder.

Those types of values are what I would still expect, particularly given the cost of living issues ever since, and particularly in the local area.

But we’re paying £100 more minimum now for… what, exactly?

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Nope, you definitely missed my point. I’ve never said the reason I won’t buy is because I can’t afford it.

It’s because the package doesn’t make it easy for EVERYONE to support Rovers.

That is to say that whatever your circumstances, it should be easy to support Rovers.

For example: The current package for me to take my boys would be £349 + £23 + £23 = £395. Fantastic value.

Prices should be fixed, and affordable for EVERY circumstance.

This is what I mean about the pricing being cynical. Pricing junior tickets so low is juking the stats. Yes, if you're taking three kids it's a good deal. If you and your friends or siblings are going it's a total rip off.

The price should be between £300-400.

£100 less for OAPs and Students (16-20)

£50 for under 12

£100 for 12-16

No early bird bollocks. No penalty fees.

I think that's fair enough prices for a second division club.

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How did you get yours for less than 350 ?

8 hours ago, Mike E said:

I think it was the 2015/16 season, £249 BBE Lower, N03. I think my dad’s was £179 or similar, and I recall kids prices were £60 (albeit I was single and childless then).

So applying those prices to now, £249 on my own; worth it. £369 for me and my two boys; worth it. Whichever way your family make-up, the STs represented value for every ticketholder.

Those types of values are what I would still expect, particularly given the cost of living issues ever since, and particularly in the local area.

But we’re paying £100 more minimum now for… what, exactly?

Adjusted for inflation there is probably very little difference in what you paid then and todays price.

• Like 1

So £350-£450 is actually cheap then?

Bloody hell PNE, Bolton, Hudds etc must literally be giving them away.

Very similar clubs with very similar fanbases, difference being they want bums on seats, our lot want to hit some arbitrary revenue target the ‘owners’ (Suhail, I imagine) presumably came up with on the back of a fag packet.

• Like 5

As always, we'll see by the final sales to see how cheap people think they are.

Be amazed if its more than 6/7k by the end of this early bird window, then after that very few folk are buying them if they insist on that ridiculous tier pricing system.

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Adjusted for inflation there is probably very little difference in what you paid then and today’s price.

Yeah you’re right (with inflation, they’d be around £330) but my salary hasn’t much adjusted for inflation in that time. Plus I’ve a house (with mortgage set to go up by around 60%), a wife, and children to pay for now even before I begin to consider a ST.

It also puts into perspective how awful prices were last season.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1