BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

On 03/06/2024 at 14:31, MarkBRFC said:

Standards have never been lower, and that's another point that proves it.

Someone better send that photo to Steve as he couldn't possibly know himself that its in that state.

It will be like the mildew and mould at Ewood, he won’t fess up until he has it proven by a schedule of condition. Even then he will still tell you the photographic evidence has been doctored and conclude, nothing to see here 😡

15 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

I'm not against it, it should be completely humiliating for them.

It is a good shout actually especially given the narrative of the owners never fail to sign a cheque. 

12 hours ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

I've just renewed for next season and was logged out twice at the final confirmation before it finally let the payment go through on the third attempt.

Such a needlessly awkward system. 

I've experienced similar many, many times over the years just obtaining normal tickets as well, it's infuriating.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

IMG_5699.png

Would be interesting to know how many full-time working, ST holding fans within 5 miles of Ewood Park have had a real world 33% wage increase since 2015!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Would be interesting to know how many full-time working, ST holding fans within 5 miles of Ewood Park have had a real world 33% wage increase since 2015!

There’s the rub…

• Like 1

Two and a half weeks before they hike them 80 quid. So there’s a long way to go to even get close to last season’s tally by then (as you ain’t selling many more post hike).

So stop pissing about and extend the early bird to at least the end of the month, so covering a payday for most folk.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Two and a half weeks before they hike them 80 quid. So there’s a long way to go to even get close to last season’s tally by then (as you ain’t selling many more post hike).

So stop pissing about and extend the early bird to at least the end of the month, so covering a payday for most folk.

If Waggot had any sense (he doesn't) and the club wanted more bums on seats the ridiculous phase 2 and 3 should be scrapped. 

Last years season ticket holders should get to the end of the month to claim their seats, then open to all thereafter. 

League One bound behemoths Huddersfield past the 10,000 mark puts our boasts into context. 

Only one figure matters really and that's the final sales total. Any less than 12,000 I'd be embarrassed considering what our near neighbours are selling yet Waggott will be patting himself on the back if we sell 100 more than last year but 5000 less than Bolton. 

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

League One bound behemoths Huddersfield past the 10,000 mark puts our boasts into context. 

Only one figure matters really and that's the final sales total. Any less than 12,000 I'd be embarrassed considering what our near neighbours are selling yet Waggott will be patting himself on the back if we sell 100 more than last year but 5000 less than Bolton. 

Regardless of what our neighbours are doing, anything less than 12000 is complete failure and a total embarrassment.

• Like 1

We will be lucky to get 7000 season ticket holders .

Last season , the owners and their acolytes tried to relegate Blackburn Rovers but they failed . Unfortunately this coming season , they will succeed.

The fans are not stupid and can see what is going on !

Why do the Raos  still want to own the club ? 

Put the club into administration for gods sake !

Have we any pre season friendlies this coming season ??

Or have we stopped bothering with those ?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Think you know where the friendlies are… Accy, Fleetwood, Wigan, Stockport.

The ‘friendlies’ Rolodex is obviously as small as the ‘potential sponsor’ one.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

The pre season roster is becoming more and more like the old Lancs/Manx days.

Obviously running that leased super coach is getting to expensive to go beyond 30 miles pre season.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

The old lancs cup and Manx cup ... miles better

Aye they were.

I remember playing Burnley at Turf Moor in the mid/late 1980's and Harry Potts Way was like Beirut  pre match!

Competitive games and much better preparation than today's namby-pandy stuff.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 4

On 06/06/2024 at 09:29, tomphil said:

The pre season roster is becoming more and more like the old Lancs/Manx days.

Obviously running that leased super coach is getting to expensive to go beyond 30 miles pre season.

No issue with criticising the club where it's deserved but this lacks common sense. Why would you travel long distance for friendlies when it's not necessary? Top tier clubs and Wrexham do it to capitalise on considerable international popularity but few others have that. 

Have a look at the pre season friendlies of other Champ clubs. Sheff Utd have York, Rotherham, Harrogate and chesterfield. Boro have Gateshead, Harrogate and Doncaster. 

We might get a 'glamour' home friendly but the club has done this a few times over the years - we got Girona last time and they ended this season qualifying for the ucl

• Like 1

It's not just facilities - it's environment, weather, getting the playing and coaching staff away together with less interruption - call it bonding. A change of environment even when working will tend to give most people a lift, regardless of the line of work. Given we seem to do it most years they clearly see benefit in this compared to kipping at Brockhall for a week. 

Do you genuinely think playing a league 1 or 2 team 200 miles away will have significant benefit compared to playing a team 20 miles away from the same division? Most clubs outside the top tier will stay relatively local. There's loads wrong at Rovers but this point seems like criticism for the sake of it, without looking at the logical reasons. 

• Like 2

So they couldn't train elsewhere in this country? you say about travel yet advocate going to Austria.

get up darwen tower running or formby dunes.

you say we do it most years , worked well for  the last 14 aint it.

Id bring back the lancs and manx  cups.

On 06/06/2024 at 11:21, Mercer said:

Aye they were.

I remember playing Burnley at Turf Moor in the mid/late 1980's and Harry Potts Way was like Beirut  pre match!

Competitive games and much better preparation than today's namby-pandy stuff.

i remember one year going turd in my van and parking up a side street. Got back to it and the residents piled into it with baseball bats, i nearly knocked down a few driving the footpath to get away. Was interesting explaining that to the insurance i tell thee.

• Like 2

Couldn’t care less who they play as long as they are a decent standard to help the players get back up the speed.

Get fit, don’t get injured is all that matters. But it just amuses me that it’s the same 4/5 sides year after year after year. Though to be fair we can’t be letting the club secretary organise anything more complicated, they may end up playing Wigan Warriors by mistake.

2 hours ago, alex l said:

No issue with criticising the club where it's deserved but this lacks common sense. Why would you travel long distance for friendlies when it's not necessary? Top tier clubs and Wrexham do it to capitalise on considerable international popularity but few others have that. 

Have a look at the pre season friendlies of other Champ clubs. Sheff Utd have York, Rotherham, Harrogate and chesterfield. Boro have Gateshead, Harrogate and Doncaster. 

We might get a 'glamour' home friendly but the club has done this a few times over the years - we got Girona last time and they ended this season qualifying for the ucl

Lacks common sense ?

Your answer of assuming we'd ever be doing an international circuit fuels the disappointment is the only thing lacking common sense.  The reality is everything is being dumbed down compared to not long ago where we might travel to Scotland for a competitive friendly or two.

Now it's just circuits of smaller local clubs but even so take my answer in the context it was written and grow up, if you want to defend the club at every turn fine but don't lose touch with what is actually going on.