BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

On 05/06/2024 at 18:54, Mattyblue said:

Two and a half weeks before they hike them 80 quid. So there’s a long way to go to even get close to last season’s tally by then (as you ain’t selling many more post hike).

So stop pissing about and extend the early bird to at least the end of the month, so covering a payday for most folk.

I know of three season tickets that haven't been renewed yet and won't be until the club show some fucking ambition in the transfer market. 

This current squad has relegation written all over it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Lacks common sense ?

Your answer of assuming we'd ever be doing an international circuit fuels the disappointment is the only thing lacking common sense.  The reality is everything is being dumbed down compared to not long ago where we might travel to Scotland for a competitive friendly or two.

Now it's just circuits of smaller local clubs but even so take my answer in the context it was written and grow up, if you want to defend the club at every turn fine but don't lose touch with what is actually going on.

Telling someone to grow up is, ironically, one of the most immature responses given when having a debate. I don't defend the club at every turn but don't expect you to have read all my posts (it'd be quite worrying if you had), but by the same turn you can't accurately say I defend the club on everything. 

1 minute ago, alex l said:

Telling someone to grow up is, ironically, one of the most immature responses given when having a debate. I don't defend the club at every turn but don't expect you to have read all my posts (it'd be quite worrying if you had), but by the same turn you can't accurately say I defend the club on everything. 

So we've gone from no common sense to immature in your responses now yet you were the one who couldn't tell the difference between a light hearted bus quip and a serious post.

What have you got next in your little ladybird book of passive aggressive responses ?

If yo think that cost saving and playing the Stockports and Huddersfields instead of decent Scottish opposition is the best prep for a new season never mind bringing a bit of interest to fans then that's up to you but i don't.

I made no reference to the bus trips, I only highlighted there seems to be little sense in playing a team ten times further away from the same division to a more local side. Regarding Scottish opposition being decent preparation, that's subjective. Aside from the top 2, many would see the rest of the league as not being particularly competitive. You're also assuming they'd want Rovers for a friendly at home and seem to overlook the fact that Rovers, on a reasonably regular basis, bring top tier sides to ewood. 

We aren't talking about the often big club curtain raiser at Ewood that doesn't excuse the rest of it and there is nothing subjective about the likes of Hibernian presenting a better challenge than the likes of Stockport in the bread and butter friendlies.

That's a given, common sense some might say !

Maybe Hibs or similar will come down for the curtain raiser, they can afford their coach fuel.

Given this I can see why Rovers haven't lowered the price anymore. Yes there can be exceptions but ultimately it's the price of football overall which is the issue, not just the pricing at Rovers. 

Screenshot_20240610-162138.png

How many other clubs on there have their ground c60% empty week to week? Supply and demand. A club with up to 27,000 home seats to play with should be much more creative than say a Millwall who only have c17,000 tickets in home areas or a Luton with about 9,000.

In typical Swag/Suhail fashion it was the usual half arsed approach  - they reduced them, but not by enough for anybody to particularly take notice, certainly when it comes to adult pricing.

So the dial won’t move, but it will probably see us avoid a calamitous collapse and everyone will hit their targets. Bonuses all round 🎉 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, alex l said:

Given this I can see why Rovers haven't lowered the price anymore. Yes there can be exceptions but ultimately it's the price of football overall which is the issue, not just the pricing at Rovers. 

I am not bothered what other clubs charge. In my opinion the Rovers season tickets are overpriced. If you don't agree, fair enough.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

We differ slightly because we are one of the smallest towns with some of the lowest wages in real terms and some of the most deprived wards in the country.

So the product needs to be a bit cheaper in order to price to the market, something John Williams realised although he mostly had Prem football to offer.

2 hours ago, alex l said:

Get them to run it again in a fortnight.

If I win the lottery, I'll tell Waggott I'll subside season ticket prices so they're the same price as bloody Preston's, just to settle the argument ffs. 

Deepdale at a 20k capacity is too big for Preston, and they're still nowhere near to selling it out with the cheapest tickets,and a far  bigger population draw. 

Edited by M_B

As I've said before, it doesn't matter how cheap you make the tickets for the thousands who are staying away because of the owners. 

If you think an extra £54 off would get close to selling out even the bottom tiers, I think you're deluded.

If £15 a game isn't cheap enough, and particularly £16 for a parent and kid, then let's face it, there are more staying away in protest than you would care to acknowledge. 

• Like 2

£15 a ticket match by match is fine and affordable. As a 23 game commitment over 8 months...I can't imagine many people know they can make all of or the majority of games to keep the cost per match near that level 

So totally random then that PNE suddenly hit figures not seen for sixty years, weird.

You keep coming out with this, MB, but thousands aren’t staying away because of the owners, crowds remain static because we are an average second division side charging £350-£450 (so I suppose it is because of the owners, as the said average second division side charging that is on their watch).

Either substantially reduce prices or get it right on the pitch - preferably both. But as this regime will provide neither, static it will remain.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

£15 a game it may be, on the assumption that you can make every game. Many cant. But it shows to be quite out of touch you must because it makes it sounds as if its £15 for a one off game, when in fact its a £350 expense just for one person, which is a lot of bloody money to many especially in not a well off area in the current economy. So yes, it will put off quite a few who cant (or wont) pay that amount.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

£15 a game it may be, on the assumption that you can make every game. Many cant. But it shows to be quite out of touch you must because it makes it sounds as if its £15 for a one off game, when in fact its a £350 expense just for one person, which is a lot of bloody money to many especially in not a well off area in the current economy. So yes, it will put off quite a few who cant (or wont) pay that amount.

That's why you can pay it off over 8 or 10 months. Which makes it easier for fans 

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Believe me, I've got 4 kids and 6 grandchildren, I am definitely not out of touch. The tickets are available on finance.

There  are all sorts of factors going on at Rovers. Just lowering the price will not automatically mean we'll meet Preston's sales, it's a bit naive to think it will.

• Like 4

Burnley is a red herring. They are keeping hold of the PL fans (as most relegated clubs initially do, unless you are the kind of shambolic club that decides to keep on a certain toxic manager on relegation, of course) especially when they only have under 19k home seats, so demand v supply and that FOMO that just doesn’t exist here with such a vast supply.

PNE and Bolton are the only evidence you need.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Burnley is a red herring. They are keeping hold of the PL fans (as most relegated clubs initially do, unless you are the kind of shambolic club that decides to keep on a certain toxic manager on relegation, of course) especially when they only have under 19k home seats, so demand v supply and that FOMO that just doesn’t exist here with such a vast supply.

PNE and Bolton are the only evidence you need.

I honestly haven't checked, how much is it for a family of 4 to buy season tickets at Preston and Rovers?