BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In the cheapest stand it would be  £594 at PNE, £744 at Rovers.

How does that break down, are Preston's under 12 tickets cheaper? 

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They’re free. Their adult is £294, (which is a slight increase on the year before from £280).

So actually £588 for a family of four.

Just checked, under 11s are free at Preston, up to under 19 are £131.

Under 12 at Rovers are £23, 

Under 18s are £56

1 hour ago, M_B said:

And yet, Burnley's are a bit dearer.

And their active fanbase is 18k largely made up of Prem bandwagoners over the last decade.

As opposed to our 12k largely made up of the loyal hardcore who've been fed bull shit and nonsense from Pune for 14 years.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why you can pay it off over 8 or 10 months. Which makes it easier for fans 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Believe me, I've got 4 kids and 6 grandchildren, I am definitely not out of touch. The tickets are available on finance.

There  are all sorts of factors going on at Rovers. Just lowering the price will not automatically mean we'll meet Preston's sales, it's a bit naive to think it will.

Its not just whether they can afford it at once, although people have had issues in even getting one on finance using the third party Rovers use. 

But it is still a lot of money even if its spread across a year. Especially if you are buying more than 1.

This is moving away slightly specifically from our tickets specifically, I am just not keen on the £15 per game line to suggest that its cheap. You wouldnt say about anything else that something is cheap if the only way it was that cheap is if you buy 23 of them. But many people wont be able to attend all 23 games anyway, whether its missing one or two on holiday or being unable to do the night games, or the moved kick offs with the stupid sky deal.

Im not having that there is a big chunk of people who are boycotting, nor that Preston level sales are an unreasonable aim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darrenbot said:

How are QPR supposed to make a profit charging those prices in their small ground.I'd expect a London club to charge a lot more than they are doing.

They do. The cheapest tickets are one small block of seats on one side. A few hundred at most. It’s block Y on the below map. A season ticket in block X is £585 for an adult.

IMG_2164.thumb.jpeg.613a9e14c9b7f6d8d0644025aa0ddf94.jpeg

• Like 1

First of all I it isn't £15 a game it's more than that.

Since we're talking hypothetical scenarios how's about this one.

I just go with a few mates. No kids just me and a few other lads.

Sometimes have to work away so will miss at least 5 games (given all the extra sky tv fuckery)

Ticket prices are £350. Given the most amount of games I can fully commit to is 19 that makes it £18.42 a game. Not really such a great deal now is it.

We don't even know the fixture dates yet. Say you end up missing a couple more, now we're at £20.59 a match.

It's a shit deal, the way the price structure has been put together is cynical and has disgusting penalty fees attached. Trying to spin this in a positive light just makes you look like a waggot and venky stooge.

The price should be fair for everyone.

Anything below 12,000 season tickets sold is total failure.

As good as it is to see the reduction in concession prices, the main headline is always going to be the adult pricds. Our focus always seems to avoid this. All well and good giving kids really cheap tickets but the likelihood is an adult is buying it for them and that main issue of the price of their own ticket remains. The only way we make a significant movement is by a reasonable movement in the adult price. Anything else feels like somewhat of a token gesture.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its not just whether they can afford it at once, although people have had issues in even getting one on finance using the third party Rovers use. 

But it is still a lot of money even if its spread across a year. Especially if you are buying more than 1.

This is moving away slightly specifically from our tickets specifically, I am just not keen on the £15 per game line to suggest that its cheap. You wouldnt say about anything else that something is cheap if the only way it was that cheap is if you buy 23 of them. But many people wont be able to attend all 23 games anyway, whether its missing one or two on holiday or being unable to do the night games, or the moved kick offs with the stupid sky deal.

Im not having that there is a big chunk of people who are boycotting, nor that Preston level sales are an unreasonable aim.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the last bit, I don't particularly think that a lot of them are honestly boycotting, but I've heard it used as an excuse for staying away many, many times. 

2 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

First of all I it isn't £15 a game it's more than that.

Since we're talking hypothetical scenarios how's about this one.

I just go with a few mates. No kids just me and a few other lads.

Sometimes have to work away so will miss at least 5 games (given all the extra sky tv fuckery)

Ticket prices are £350. Given the most amount of games I can fully commit to is 19 that makes it £18.42 a game. Not really such a great deal now is it.

We don't even know the fixture dates yet. Say you end up missing a couple more, now we're at £20.59 a match.

It's a shit deal, the way the price structure has been put together is cynical and has disgusting penalty fees attached. Trying to spin this in a positive light just makes you look like a waggot and venky stooge.

The price should be fair for everyone.

Anything below 12,000 season tickets sold is total failure.

First thing, don't use the stooge argument, it's ridiculous. 

For me it works out at £15 a game, I can't argue for you because I don't know your working situation , why would you buy a ticket if you can't go? 

There are 23 games averaging out at £15, whether you attend or not. 

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on the last bit, I don't particularly think that a lot of them are honestly boycotting, but I've heard it used as an excuse for staying away many, many times. 

First thing, don't use the stooge argument, it's ridiculous. 

For me it works out at £15 a game, I can't argue for you because I don't know your working situation , why would you buy a ticket if you can't go? 

There are 23 games averaging out at £15, whether you attend or not. 

Time for a lesson in basic arithmetic.

349/23= 15.17

That is more than 15.

Secondly, how can you know 100% you can make it to every single game? The fixtures are not out yet. What if there's some other reason you can't go.

You beligerantly miss the point here.

As stated by numerous people numerous times, the prices should be a good deal for everyone. At present they aren't.

13 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Time for a lesson in basic arithmetic.

349/23= 15.17

That is more than 15.

Secondly, how can you know 100% you can make it to every single game? The fixtures are not out yet. What if there's some other reason you can't go.

You beligerantly miss the point here.

As stated by numerous people numerous times, the prices should be a good deal for everyone. At present they aren't.

I can't know 100% obviously, I might get run over tomorrow , but  the last home game I missed was Peterborough in League 1. It's still £15 a game, whether I can go or not is down to me. 

All I can say is that if a season ticket doesn't suit your needs, then don't buy one. If they were £200, you'd still miss a lot of matches. 

My suggestion was a flexi half season ticket which could be used over the full season, just need to section off part of a stand. Someone did point out, though, that it might impact the sale of full season tickets. 

1 hour ago, M_B said:

I can't know 100% obviously, I might get run over tomorrow , but  the last home game I missed was Peterborough in League 1. It's still £15 a game, whether I can go or not is down to me. 

All I can say is that if a season ticket doesn't suit your needs, then don't buy one. If they were £200, you'd still miss a lot of matches. 

My suggestion was a flexi half season ticket which could be used over the full season, just need to section off part of a stand. Someone did point out, though, that it might impact the sale of full season tickets. 

But at £200 it wouldn't matter if you missed a few games. That's the point.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As good as it is to see the reduction in concession prices, the main headline is always going to be the adult pricds. Our focus always seems to avoid this. All well and good giving kids really cheap tickets but the likelihood is an adult is buying it for them and that main issue of the price of their own ticket remains. The only way we make a significant movement is by a reasonable movement in the adult price. Anything else feels like somewhat of a token gesture.

You need to get the next generation going also and interest in Rovers. 

I understand that but the option is there(if approve) to spread it over a number of months making more affordable 

Fair enough I understand it is alot of money but that's why there is monthly option for them to pay over. 

If you can attend every game it is £15 per game which I think great value from my own point of view. You disagree from own comments. Have you renew or planning to or going to select games based your own situation?

The Sky games will be the same days as this past season. 

it all depends where you sit at PNE. Someone I work with his ticket price £399. After the Early Bird price offer it's £525. 

It has nothing to do with the price.

It is entirely because of the owners.

Bizarre how ST holders pretend to understand why we won't go back. I suppose its better than the resignation that nothing can be done about it.

Anyway. 20th August.

• Like 2

How many people do you *actually* think are ‘boycotting’ because of the owners? It’s been a minimum *12 years* since gates fell off a cliff, these ten thousand folk are still patiently waiting with their cash in their pocket?

So they sell, but tickets are still priced at what they are, we are still a bottom half second division club, but gates still boom because of this army across the water?

Edited by Mattyblue

The decline in gates didn't just happen overnight, on the flipside they've done so much damage now they wouldn't be recoverable overnight. 

You will still have people 'boycotting' but they'll still watch some games on TV and if they ask themselves "am I missing much?"......with what was being served up last season the answer will undoubtedly be a fat NO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

How many people do you *actually* think are ‘boycotting’ because of the owners? It’s been a minimum *12 years* since gates fell off a cliff, these ten thousand folk are still patiently waiting with their cash in their pocket?

So they sell, but tickets are still priced at what they are, we are still a bottom half second division club, but gates still boom because of this army across the water?

The majority stay away because we're shite,I've no doubt, but they won't give you that reason, they'll cite the owners as the reason. I can't give you the reason why they do this, you would have to ask them. For many, it's probably a combination of both. 

Edited by M_B

There are numerous reasons:

Price of Tickets in a relatively poor area,shit Football with a poor Matchday Atmosphere,massive frustration with the mismanagement and decline of the Club over fourteen long years etc,etc.

If other similar Clubs in the area had been through what we have endured these last fourteen seasons I doubt they would have much better sales.

Ask yourself this folks..what are the expectations again for this Season?

Yeah exactly,now get those tickets bought!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

At PNE prices we'd easily achieve similar levels to them and thinking otherwise is as daft as thinking we'd have 10k return overnight if Vs left.

If you look at Bolton they had a bit of uplift when the club finally went into decent hands but the real incline was once they'd done the cheap early bird.

No reason that couldn't happen here in similar circumstances.

• Like 1

Preston and Bolton have ended the myth.

They can offer nothing Rovers can't offer. Same or lower level of product. Similar status, geography and demographics (though the usual mob are now trying to rewrite history on that front).

What we are overlooking here is the other side to the coin other than price.

Product.

At Rovers it is shite and has been for a while. Last season well and truly took the biscuit yet the attitude seems to be that everyone will just forgive and forget because it's a new season. I won't and know others won't.

Call it a boycott or just being totally fed up with being treated with contempt by a parasite like Waggott and his Indian bosses, result is people won't buy.

Compare to other clubs where there is a serious effort to fill the ground, where fans are treated with a drop of respect, and there's your difference

Owners who try, communicate, attend.

People who can be trusted, not the disgraceful people in the Ewood directors box.

Still waiting for Steve's analysis and explanation for last season's debacle or indeed any kind of plan for the future. Maybe what efforts he and other staff he directs have made beyond twitter/website adverts.

Approached any lapsed ST holders directly?

Approached clubs, neighbourhoods, new groups?

We won't get anything until he's comfortable and the in house media team ask some easy questions.

Most of us can see straight through it because we know what sort of people we are dealing with here. Other clubs fans can see owners and staff who actually want to do something in this sport beyond just existing and ticking boxes.

This accounts for your 6000 deficit, together with prices.

• Like 5