BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

On 28/04/2024 at 12:15, chaddyrovers said:

and what is going to achieve Tyrone? are you Season ticket holder? if not when was the last time you attend a game? 

I have already posted my opinion on what ST should cost from next season, Rovers should charged £199 for Riverside, £249 for BBE and lower JW, £280 for JW upper wing and £330 for JW upper centre. What do you think of those prices?

These were the prices you wanted and they are considerably higher so I am surprised (or not) that you arent unhappy.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

These were the prices you wanted and they are considerably higher so I am surprised (or not) that you arent unhappy.

Those prices were for fans who are struggling and for supporters who take their children to games not for myself. I hope that is clear enough 

12 hours ago, M_B said:

Ta, it's an interesting comparison, although with little uns at Rovers still only costing £23,it does look on the whole like  they've looked after the youth. 

Yeah Rovers have looked after the youth, and young adults. Nobody can fault that. 

They needed to do more with Adults though in my opinion. £299 vs £349 isn't loads (£50 x lets say 4k adult season tickets = £200k), but would make far more of a statement to shout about. £249 would be the cheapest in the league and would cost less than £500k and we could really go big at that.

I'd have liked to see maybe a 'services ST' too - NHS, Military, Police, Fire etc. same price as a young adult or senior.

My biggest gripe though as it has been for years is marketing. We're (we all know who) is just lazy now. We need to be pushing in the outskirts of Blackburn like we used to, in the schools, running offers, door to door etc. The opportunity was obviously in prior years though when Mowbray / JDT had us as close to the playoffs as we've been since dropping.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

Kids prices, very good, no question.

But a few weeks to buy a £350-£450 adult ST (before they go up 80 quid) after a shocking season and half the games on Sky is just not going to move the dial, simple as that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Those prices were for fans who are struggling and for supporters who take their children to games not for myself. I hope that is clear enough 

Again, im not on about yourself.

My point is, in terms of general attendances and attempts at getting as many tickets sold as possible, adult season tickets are considerably higher than the prices you suggested to remidy this. Therefore, I presume you are disappointed at the club for this. Again, not personally, I know you would have got one regardless, I mean in terms of getting attendances up.

3 minutes ago, rossyste said:

And that in a nutshell is why a £30 reduction (before a massive hike) isn't really setting the pulses racing.

not 30 tho_ after maggot dips in its 28 or 20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

PR piece by Jackson there.

For example, I guarantee that an EFL game will kick off at 12.30 on Boxing Day. Just because all the 3pm games can be shown live, Sky aren't going to resist having back to back games kicking off at all times through the day. Their advertising revenue during live football will surely be higher than when they have non-live programs on. 

Plus the argument seems to be "Its not as bad as you think. Last year you didn't get that many 3pm kick offs anyway so getting even less won't be to much worse".

Edited by Hasta

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

PR piece by Jackson there. For example, I guarantee that an EFL game will kick off at 12.30 on Boxing Day.

Like they always has been for years. 

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Just because all the 3pm games can be shown live, 

3pm can't been shown apart from the ones already posted

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

3pm can't been shown apart from the ones already posted

They can on bank holiday days, which is what he meant.

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

And the first and last days of the season too. Sky are closing in on the Saturday 3 pm agreement and It won't be long before they have full control of kick off times that previously were sacrosanct.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did you even read the article you posted?

All Bank Holiday games, such as Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day, will be made available and aren't subject to the blackout either so they don't have to be moved. So the ridiculously early trip with a Christmas Day hangover to make a 12:30pm kick-off should be no more.

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

But thats not Saturday are they? 

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Did you even read the article you posted?

Right but 3pm kick offs are still protect by the agreement which is Saturday. That's was my point. 

As I said most of the TV Games will be at the same slots are they are. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, im not on about yourself.

My point is, in terms of general attendances and attempts at getting as many tickets sold as possible, adult season tickets are considerably higher than the prices you suggested to remidy this. Therefore, I presume you are disappointed at the club for this. Again, not personally, I know you would have got one regardless, I mean in terms of getting attendances up.

I didn't talk about myself, but other people who are financially struggling for example. 

The club have listened somewhat to what @Miller11and @Mike Grahamsuggested. Its a small step in the right direction. Under 18's tickets are great value and attracting that next generation of fans 

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

5K sold as of yesterday. I'm predicting an average home crowd of less than 10K this season. 

...which in Waggot logic, will be used to validate the argument that reducing prices has no positive affect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Right but 3pm kick offs are still protect by the agreement which is Saturday. That's was my point. 

We know. The article tells us that.

You initally replied to my post where I said all of the Boxing Day 3pm kick offs being shown live by saying "3pm can't been shown apart from the ones already posted (opening day and last day fixtures)".

That's because you thought I was talking about all 3pm kick offs. But because you are incapable of simply saying you misunderstood or you got it wrong, we've now got about 5 posts on this page going back and forward whilst you try and reposition your argument.

Edited by Hasta

Everyone up to age 23 has been looked after. Families, despite adult cost, still relatively cheap. 65+ (😀 first time) fine. Can't go along with forces/public services discount as it is divisive regarding type of employment. A flexi 15 match would help these people and other shift type workers as well as long distance travellers, but could not guarantee same seat every match. Only real issue is the timeframe for the early bird tickets; needed to be two or three weeks longer. And only one price rise.

We've just had the worse Championship season in  6 or 7 years and the complete nonsense off the pitch resembled a decade ago again.

So i think we can assume the ticket offer is more of a preventative measure against further mass non renewal rather than some ambitious brain fart moment to boost gates.

• Like 1

A Coventry season ticket has a lot more appeal as it stands, they were looking like play off candidates last season till their form dropped off, probably didn't help with the cup run and fixture congestion. Robins will have them up there again. Not to mention the size of the place.

Still impressive nonetheless.