BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

10 hours ago, superniko said:

Yeah Rovers have looked after the youth, and young adults. Nobody can fault that. 

They needed to do more with Adults though in my opinion. £299 vs £349 isn't loads (£50 x lets say 4k adult season tickets = £200k), but would make far more of a statement to shout about. £249 would be the cheapest in the league and would cost less than £500k and we could really go big at that.

I'd have liked to see maybe a 'services ST' too - NHS, Military, Police, Fire etc. same price as a young adult or senior.

My biggest gripe though as it has been for years is marketing. We're (we all know who) is just lazy now. We need to be pushing in the outskirts of Blackburn like we used to, in the schools, running offers, door to door etc. The opportunity was obviously in prior years th6ough when Mowbray / JDT had us as close to the playoffs as we've been since dropping.

Good shout on the services. Missus and 3 daughters get the Blue light offers on stuff, pretty sure it would be easy to implement for all things Rovers,assuming it isn't already. 

My idea was for a half season ticket to be used over the full season, for those struggling to get to every match. 

These ideas are nice enough but are flawed, for example a flexi season ticket would devalue and reduce people buying full season tickets. Blue light discounts etc, its strings attached niche targetting, needs to be across the board. Reducing kids prices, adults will be buying their ticket anyway so if their own price is too high its of little use.

Anything bar reducing adult prices by a reasonably decent amount is pissing in the wind. Do that, obviously numbers go up, if its more affordable even people who might miss games would still be more likely to get one. And crucially, they are then in the tent, they may get season tickets for a number of years, you create a feel good factor and it also leads to indirect income, whether it be merchandice, food, drink etc.

We seem to be in the same cycle, people with good intentions see Waggott, he talks them into agreeing with him, he might take on board a couple of their other ideas to appese him and people come away thinking its a success. Hes clearly a smooth talker. But the only real difference of any note is to reduce adult prices.

The focus is all on the next year. It may even work out that there is a risk of ticket income reducing slightly in that first year, its one of them thats impossible to gauge. But with additional season ticket holders back in the habit, with more of a feel good factor and with the indirect income, in the longer term it certainly would be of huge benefit.

Edited by roversfan99

36 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Reducing kids prices, adults will be buying their ticket anyway so if their own price is too high its of little use.

So you think it is too high then? I take it you haven't renew then? Also I take it you haven't got a children to games? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you think it is too high then? I take it you haven't renew then? Also I take it you haven't got a children to games? 

It is not about me as an individual. Or you. I am saying that in general, the only way to make any significant positive change is only by decreasing adult prices. Any other ideas will make very little difference either way and/or cause further problems.  

I think they should have reduced it by more, so yes I do think it is still too high. As did you, I thought that the prices you suggested previously were good and would have led to an upsurge in attendances with long term benefits. Although since prices have been released significantly higher than what you suggested, you seem reluctant to criticise for that, and only seem to be able to focus on yourself or other individuals. Rather than say, you think the adult prices should have been cut much more (because you do think that, you said prior to the announcement) in order to increase attendances.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It is not about me as an individual. Or you. I am saying that in general, the only way to make any significant positive change is only by decreasing adult prices. Any other ideas will make very little difference either way and/or cause further problems.  

I think they should have reduced it by more, so yes I do think it is still too high. As did you, I thought that the prices you suggested previously were good and would have led to an upsurge in attendances with long term benefits. Although since prices have been released significantly higher than what you suggested, you seem reluctant to criticise for that, and only seem to be able to focus on yourself or other individuals. Rather than say, you think the adult prices should have been cut much more (because you do think that, you said prior to the announcement) in order to increase attendances.

I have my views what I would have like to. We got reduced in price but not maasive, but you seen a poster who said we were getting 3% rise in STH fees plus Miller and Mike Graham comments about their meetings and said to not expect those prices. We got under 12's dropped in price to a pound a game. 

I think the We Are The Rovers did well to get what they did after several meetings with Rovers. 

24 quid off a season ticket is probably the best they could’ve got from that very strange set up down there.

But once again why does it take volunteers to even get them to remotely see sense? Why are paid marketing and sales people (and their CEO) not coming to these conclusions themselves?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have my views what I would have like to. We got reduced in price but not maasive, but you seen a poster who said we were getting 3% rise in STH fees plus Miller and Mike Graham comments about their meetings and said to not expect those prices. We got under 12's dropped in price to a pound a game. 

I think the We Are The Rovers did well to get what they did after several meetings with Rovers. 

That poster was clearly talking rubbish.

The season ticket prices were never going to be noticeably cut. Anyone who met the club didnt do well as the end result isnt the change needed to spike attendances, but the club were never going to listen sadly.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

24 quid off a season ticket is probably the best they could’ve got from that very strange set up down there.

But once again why does it take volunteers to even get them to remotely see sense? Why are paid marketing and sales people (and their CEO) not coming to these conclusions themselves?

A mixture of them not giving a fuck and them being as thick as pig shit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

That poster was clearly talking rubbish.

The season ticket prices were never going to be noticeably cut. Anyone who met the club didnt do well as the end result isnt the change needed to spike attendances, but the club were never going to listen sadly.

Everything isn't about the adult ticket price but also being cheap for children, seniors and under 18's. 

We got around 8% cut from.our ST. Plus loyalty scheme is better for fans

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everything isn't about the adult ticket price but also being cheap for children, seniors and under 18's. 

Cheap child tickets mean nothing if the adult can't afford to pay for his/her ticket to take them.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 7

I live 200 miles away. I have purchased a season ticket. I went to 12 away games last season. Ive decided Id like to try and do a chunk of home games. I need some help on what places in blackburn are good for hotel stays when I come up. or even pubs with accommodation above. Any recommendations? 

Edited by ruggles1995
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

I live 200 miles away. I have purchased a season ticket. I went to 12 away games last season. Ive decided Id like to try and do a chunk of home games. I need some help on what places in blackburn are good for hotel stays when I come up. or even pubs with accommodation above. Any recommendations? 

Depends on your budget but on my side of town the Millstone at Mellor have rooms: https://millstonemellor.co.uk/

I also used Mytton Fold for some guests a year or two back and it was fine: https://www.myttonfold.co.uk/ - problem here is they might be booked with wedding parties on Saturdays. 

Foxfields is nearby as well: https://foxfieldshotel.com/accommodation/

They'd all be about 15-20 mins drive from Ewood give or take. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

Depends on your budget but on my side of town the Millstone at Mellor have rooms: https://millstonemellor.co.uk/

I also used Mytton Fold for some guests a year or two back and it was fine: https://www.myttonfold.co.uk/ - problem here is they might be booked with wedding parties on Saturdays. 

Foxfields is nearby as well: https://foxfieldshotel.com/accommodation/

They'd all be about 15-20 mins drive from Ewood give or take. 

Thanks Jimmy 👍

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

Also the premier inn accross from the train station which can be fairly cheap at times which is a 20/30 min walk to Ewood depending on your pace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

Depends whether you are travelling by car or train. Prem is good in town if by train & easy parking too. Prem & Travelodge on M65 easy to get to as well. All allow you to walk there in 30 mins if having a beer. Hampton by Hilton on M65 is nice but need a taxi or drive afterwards. Otherwise Booking.com will give out of town hotels if you want to drive into and out of game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

The Fernhurst across Ewood. Has hotel facilities and decent pub food

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

Good on you ruggles1995. I know a Rovers fan who did stay at Fernhurst last season & says it was good. Only down side is it being the named away pub. Plenty of choice though depending on your priority with excellance info from Jimmy612.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ruggles1995 said:

I salute you, ruggles1995. Like I have for over 40 years, I’ll be buying one, more out of duty than any sense of hope or excitement. Simply, if I don’t get one, I feel like I am giving up on my club and I refuse to let Swag or the Pune lunatics drive me away. 

• Like 2

On 12/06/2024 at 21:00, roversfan99 said:

These ideas are nice enough but are flawed, for example a flexi season ticket would devalue and reduce people buying full season tickets. Blue light discounts etc, its strings attached niche targetting, needs to be across the board. Reducing kids prices, adults will be buying their ticket anyway so if their own price is too high its of little use.

Anything bar reducing adult prices by a reasonably decent amount is pissing in the wind. Do that, obviously numbers go up, if its more affordable even people who might miss games would still be more likely to get one. And crucially, they are then in the tent, they may get season tickets for a number of years, you create a feel good factor and it also leads to indirect income, whether it be merchandice, food, drink etc.

We seem to be in the same cycle, people with good intentions see Waggott, he talks them into agreeing with him, he might take on board a couple of their other ideas to appese him and people come away thinking its a success. Hes clearly a smooth talker. But the only real difference of any note is to reduce adult prices.

The focus is all on the next year. It may even work out that there is a risk of ticket income reducing slightly in that first year, its one of them thats impossible to gauge. But with additional season ticket holders back in the habit, with more of a feel good factor and with the indirect income, in the longer term it certainly would be of huge benefit.

Any idea can be seen to have flaws.

The argument from many has been that a full season ticket doesn't make sense because they can't make every game.

We may lose a few full tickets to flexis, but given that the discussion day after day is about getting numbers in,your argument is a bit contradictory. 

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

Any idea can be seen to have flaws.

The argument from many has been that a full season ticket doesn't make sense because they can't make every game.

We may lose a few full tickets to flexis, but given that the discussion day after day is about getting numbers in,your argument is a bit contradictory. 

My argument is purely that the only way to make any significant difference to attendances is based on the adult prices which would need to come down quite a bit.

If someone suspected they might miss some games, if the season ticket was cheap enough they would still potentially get one anyway. If the focus is on cutting kids prices, the high adult price would be the stumbling block.

Adult prices are the key and always will be. Anything else is comparatively small fry.

• Like 1

Reduce adult prices significantly and/or success on the pitch (both being the sweet spot, I.e Taking Back Ewood) is the ONLY way crowds significantly grow at a club like this.

These owners won’t provide either, so nothing will change. I’ve made my peace with that we won’t see option 1 until at least Swag fecks off, we won’t see 2 or 1 and 2 until the owners do.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My argument is purely that the only way to make any significant difference to attendances is based on the adult prices which would need to come down quite a bit.

If someone suspected they might miss some games, if the season ticket was cheap enough they would still potentially get one anyway. If the focus is on cutting kids prices, the high adult price would be the stumbling block.

Adult prices are the key and always will be. Anything else is comparatively small fry.

Even if you halved the adult price, a flexi ticket would still be attractive to some people who couldn't physically get to every game, or still couldn't afford to go to every game. 

Depends on what games were involved, if it was just a general ‘pick 15 games flexi ticket’ etc, the club wouldn’t go near it as an idea they know fans will choose a flexi over a full ST in big numbers, and night games, for example, would see a complete collapse in attendance - even I would probably get a flexi like that instead as night games are a right faff for me.