BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Midweek? Why would they? They’ll go at the weekend with their flexi.

So what if they do? If there's 5000 extra new supporters on for half the matches that wouldn't normally be there, what's the problem? 

I thought you were a man of the people looking after those who can't afford? 

Right finally you accept that it will decimate midweek attendances, took long enough. So ergo it’s a non-starter with the club.

Man of the people? 😅 Must be confusing me with somebody else. I’m just after more bums on seats and it ain’t happening without substantial ST reductions (notwithstanding some miraculous promotion).

Edited by Mattyblue

13 minutes ago, M_B said:

A family of 4 used to sit next to me, they can't commit to a full ticket but would absolutely take up a half one. Same again for another bloke with 2 kids I spoke to at the grandkids footy. 

As I say, if price is the ONLY factor, they should be queuing round the block. 

I think the point is you are underestimating the number of people who would downgrade.  No one disagrees people would take up the offer, but many people would downgrade also. 

I’ve no idea if you go to midweek games but some of the attendances over then last few seasons have been pitiful. It’s clear at least 20% of season ticket holders aren’t actually going midweek, and that’s at games which I’ve been to on sufference as I’ve paid. If I didn’t feel I had to as I’d already paid I wouldn’t have bothered.

Now if you got 5000 extra season ticket holders as you have said then there’s a logic to it. But that figure is not going to happen. And if it was to happen then would you not get a similar number if you just reduced the overall ticket price cheap enough anyway so some games were ‘dispensable’?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Last Saturday I took my 2 daughters (13 & 6) to Macdonalds for tea, then for 2 games of bowling at the place next door.  All in all about two hours of entertainment. It cost me about £60.

Go out for a decent meal at a family pub (Greene King) with the wife & kids, nothing special (no steaks, lobster, no starters) and it costs up to £70 for 4 mains, a couple of desserts & a drink each.

A family trip to the cinema on a Sat afternoon would be about £40, plus popcorn or whatever.

In that context, is £350 really that much for 1 adult to attend 23 matches??  

Just sayin'...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Right finally you accept that it will decimate midweek attendances, took long enough. So ergo it’s a non-starter with the club.

Man of the people? 😅 Must be confusing me with somebody else. I’m just after more bums on seats and it ain’t happening without substantial ST reductions (notwithstanding some miraculous promotion).

Decimate is a bit strong, let's be honest, if £10 a ticket against Reading in midweek attracts less than 10000,it's hardly going to be full to the rafters anyway. 

7 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Last Saturday I took my 2 daughters (13 & 6) to Macdonalds for tea, then for 2 games of bowling at the place next door.  All in all about two hours of entertainment. It cost me about £60.

Go out for a decent meal at a family pub (Greene King) with the wife & kids, nothing special (no steaks, lobster, no starters) and it costs up to £70 for 4 mains, a couple of desserts & a drink each.

A family trip to the cinema on a Sat afternoon would be about £40, plus popcorn or whatever.

Just sayin'...

I don’t think it is too bad, my point is a slight price decrease on the back of a crap season and with half the games on TV means it won’t move the dial.

We’ll sell our standard 8-9k, it is what it is.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I think the point is you are underestimating the number of people who would downgrade.  No one disagrees people would take up the offer, but many people would downgrade also. 

I’ve no idea if you go to midweek games but some of the attendances over then last few seasons have been pitiful. It’s clear at least 20% of season ticket holder aren’t actually going midweek, and that’s at games which I’ve been to on sufference as I’ve paid. If I didn’t feel I had to as I’d already paid I wouldn’t have bothered.

Now if you got 5000 extra season ticket holders as you have said then there’s a logic to it. But that figure is not going to happen, and if it was to happen then would you not get a similar number if you just reduced the overall ticket price cheap enough anyway so some games were ‘dispensable’.

I very rarely miss matches, but it was an idea hatched whilst talking to that family of 4. With costs being as they are, and fixtures being moved left, right and centre, it was something they would definitely take up. 

As I said earlier, maybe it could be piloted with a limited number to see the effect on sales. Any current season ticket holder may take one, as opposed to not buying at all next season, that's another factor,it wouldn't necessarily be one over the other. 

We're not talking flat earth here, it's just an idea to attract potential new/lapsed supporters to Ewood. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

Just sayin'...

If people are being selective with their budget, as I imagine most are, all the things you've listed (aside from McDonald's which is shite) are probably viewed more enjoyable than last season at Ewood.

If the offering on the pitch was more appealing then people would be a lot more willing to allocate their budget accordingly.

3 hours ago, M_B said:

An argument which totally blows the myth that there are thousands who can't afford a full ticket, but would buy cheaper ones. 

If price is the only factor,as is trotted out daily, then the club should be inundated by potential new half season ticket buyers,especially considering the extra costs incurred by going to each and every game. 

Who's going to buy a half season ticket for a season like last season ?

Besides they certainly weren't cheap if you chucked them out at 50 quid you might sell a few even in an average or poor season.

You talk yourself around in circles.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Who's going to buy a half season ticket for a season like last season ?

Besides they certainly weren't cheap if you chucked them out at 50 quid you might sell a few even in an average or poor season.

You talk yourself around in circles.

You've lost me, again. 

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That seems to be your stock answer when you've gone down a blind alley again.

OK, 

The argument all along has been two fold. Despite being lowered in price, especially kids, some still can't afford them. 

Also, because of the new fixture changes,it's assumed a lot of people will miss matches, especially those with kids. 

A flexi half season ticket would give families in particular, like the one which gave me the idea, to have a smaller outlay for a product which would suit their needs better. 

It might take away full ticket holders, I don't know until it was trialled, it was just an idea born from 2 real families who would 100% take up the offer, both of whom would be lapsed full season ticket holders. 

The club will not, under any circumstances, offer a season ticket that lets you pick and choose games - as the matches most folk wouldn’t choose (I.e night games) would see Ewood a ghost town - as much as I, Hasta and plenty more besides would personally benefit.

It’s a non starter.

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

OK, 

The argument all along has been two fold. Despite being lowered in price, especially kids, some still can't afford them. 

Also, because of the new fixture changes,it's assumed a lot of people will miss matches, especially those with kids. 

A flexi half season ticket would give families in particular, like the one which gave me the idea, to have a smaller outlay for a product which would suit their needs better. 

It might take away full ticket holders, I don't know until it was trialled, it was just an idea born from 2 real families who would 100% take up the offer, both of whom would be lapsed full season ticket holders. 

How would it be priced ?

Not for the two families it isn't, they'd be right up for it. That's another 7 through the door for half the matches. 

Once again, if as you keep saying, there are thousands who can't afford a full ticket, knocking £50 off would be here nor there. Halving the price for a product that suits better, and doing something new which may make a REAL difference, I think it's worth looking at. 

Your only argument seems to be that it would take away from full ticket sales,which is the obvious argument. It would be easy enough to trial, and get some real feedback, rather than 2 on here.

To Matty. 

Edited by M_B

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

How would it be priced ?

I don't know, it would have to be looked at. I'd always thought pro rata over the 11 or 12 game package, as it's obviously 23 games. 

11 minutes ago, M_B said:

Not for the two families it isn't, they'd be right up for it. That's another 7 through the door for half the matches. 

Once again, if as you keep saying, there are thousands who can't afford a full ticket, knocking £50 off would be here nor there. Halving the price for a product that suits better, and doing something new which may make a REAL difference, I think it's worth looking at. 

Your only argument seems to be that it would take away from full ticket sales,which is the obvious argument. It would be easy enough to trial, and get some real feedback, rather than 2 on here.

To Matty. 

It’s not my argument, it’s not tomphil’s either, it’s the club’s, so take it up with them.

Send it in to the club as an idea and see what response you get, actually thinking about it I’m sure it has been raised in the FF (perhaps by WATR too, Miller can correct me if I’m wrong on that) - and the club isn’t interested for the reasons you keep getting told.

I’m not pooh-poohing it, it’s a great idea, money in my pocket and Tuesday nights with no more rushing about and my Sky subscription getting some value - but in a nutshell that’s exactly why it won’t happen, end of.

Edited by Mattyblue

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

I don't know, it would have to be looked at. I'd always thought pro rata over the 11 or 12 game package, as it's obviously 23 games. 

They couldn't price it at half the price of a full ST that is taking the piss out of those who buy a full one in order to save a few quid whilst committing to supporting the team whether it's good or bad.

Yet there wouldn't be significant flexi sales unless there is a big discount offered so we are back to square one.

Only proven products really work like big discounts on full STs and the odd big single match ticket discounts on Saturday afternoons or night games back end of the season if there is something to play for.

A flexi 3 game ticket only available into the season once full ST's are off sale and to be used before Xmas with the option of then renewing for another 3 might be something worth looking at.

However it would still need to be a big discount otherwise it's just a 3 game, bundle albeit flexible, and your looking at selling a few dozen !

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s not my argument, it’s not tomphil’s either, it’s the club’s, so take it up with them.

Send it in to the club as an idea and see what response you get, actually thinking about it I’m sure it has been raised in the FF (perhaps by WATR too, Miller can correct me if I’m wrong on that) - and the club isn’t interested for the reasons you keep getting told.

I’m not pooh-poohing it, it’s a great idea, money in my pocket and Tuesday nights with no more rushing about and my Sky subscription getting some value - but in a nutshell that’s exactly why it won’t happen, end of.

I can't say it's been mentioned anywhere before, you'll have to post it.

At the end of the day, if someone else trialled it, and it was seen to increase sales, you would be asking why Rovers haven't done it. 

But nobody else has and there must be a reason for that. Just give it up M*B, it ain’t happening.

It was in WATRs ‘prospectus’ as an idea, because it is obviously a good one from a fan’s perspective - so why didn’t the club take them up on it considering they did introduce other ideas from WATR this summer?

Edited by Mattyblue

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They couldn't price it at half the price of a full ST that is taking the piss out of those who buy a full one in order to save a few quid whilst committing to supporting the team whether it's good or bad.

Yet there wouldn't be significant flexi sales unless there is a big discount offered so we are back to square one.

Only proven products really work like big discounts on full STs and the odd big single match ticket discounts on Saturday afternoons or night games back end of the season if there is something to play for.

A flexi 3 game ticket only available into the season once full ST's are off sale and to be used before Xmas with the option of then renewing for another 3 might be something worth looking at.

However it would still need to be a big discount otherwise it's just a 3 game, bundle albeit flexible, and your looking at selling a few dozen !

Half the price for half the games, I don't see how that is taking the piss out of me and others that would still buy a full one. 

It's an idea to get those 2 families back to Ewood who definitely wouldn't have gone otherwise. 

It's just an idea,a way to utilise the size of the ground. I keep hearing that there would be less on for televised midweek matches, yet there are already many staying away who've bought a full ticket. Make them even cheaper and those staying away will also increase, it's already been admitted. 

The argument seems to be the lowering of midweek attendances, that will be exacerbated with the overall lowering of prices. 

At least this way, for 11/12 of the matches, the gate would actually increase. 

13 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Just sayin'...

Yes.