BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

I'd love to get clarification as to what "smashed" means. It sounds like I don't want fans to buy season tickets - which for the record categorically isn't the case - but as a % I would say the verb "smashed" can be used at +25% increase?

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

I'd love to get clarification as to what "smashed" means. It sounds like I don't want fans to buy season tickets - which for the record categorically isn't the case - but as a % I would say the verb "smashed" can be used at +25% increase?

I agree, so perhaps them stating this in numbers, would be an idea.

I would be amazed if it is 25% or more, but like you, don't want to sound too negative.

54 minutes ago, J*B said:

Is it something to do with little metal robots laughing and taking the piss, (remember the TV advert) ? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

Round about now the time large blocks of seats in the JW upper suddenly become available as we look set to shift even less than last year despite a price cut.

Some achievement that, almost as though there's an awful lot of people sick and fed up to the point a price reduction won't tempt them.

Very true , I only renewed cos it was at a reduced price....

I won't be renewing next season, whatever division we are in , unless the owners have gone .

This season will be a disaster, the powers that be will achieve their goal of last season.That being relegation!

What is Rovers lowest total of points in a season ?

1 hour ago, J*B said:

If the figures truly were much more impressive than last year (ie ‘smashed) why wouldn’t they announce the increase in real numbers?? 🤔🤔

12 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

31 points in 2011-12 is the modern lowest at 3 points for a win.

Before that you have to go back to 1978-79 for a lower points total, which was 30 points.

Edited by MarkBRFC

So if we’ve ‘smashed’ last year’s tally we are presumably well on for c11,000 sales, considering we were only a few hundred off 10k last season.

Edited by Mattyblue

45 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

I won't be renewing next season, whatever division we are in , unless the owners have gone .

This season will be a disaster, the powers that be will achieve their goal of last season.That being relegation!

Just by way of research, would another price decrease next season convince you to buy one? 

Any sense they would extend the early bird prices until August 1st, and scrap those ridiculous phase 3 prices.

Phase 2 are of course ridiculous too for clarity.

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Very positive...

1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

I don't understand your reasoning. You say you won't renew next season unless the owners are gone. Yet you have renewed this season, with those owners ?  

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

So if we’ve ‘smashed’ last year’s tally we are presumably well on for c11,000 sales, considering we were only a few hundred off 10k last season.

Matty - you yourself said that last year’s early bird total was 7,300. I would guess that “smashing” that could be anything from 7,500+.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't understand your reasoning. You say you won't renew next season unless the owners are gone. Yet you have renewed this season, with those owners ?  

I am only going this season cos it is reduced ...Next season there will be a double whammy increase with these owners I have been going on for 55 years and I have had enough of these corrupt not interested owners ....

4 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I am only going this season cos it is reduced ...Next season there will be a double whammy increase with these owners I have been going on for 55 years and I have had enough of these corrupt not interested owners ....

Yet you still renewed

Words words words.

This season is different to last season. The £30 reduction means only an idiot who intends to buy will not take advantage.

In 2 days the price goes up by £80 and there will be no ongoing sales.

So if 7500 is smashed, it is also a net loss of MANY ST holders & it is certainly a hell of a long way from entry into the £10K for 10K competiion.... cough.

Not to mention that there will be significant growth in kids tickets = even bigger loss of adult tickets = massive reduction in revenue.

What a self induced disaster.

• Like 2