BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

34 minutes ago, dallydally said:

And therein lies the problem. Keep dolling out hard earned brass whilst they don't give a stuff. If enough people didn't renew it WOULD hurt the. Grow some balls and make a stance!

Probably if your stance was took up by the fan base, the club would be no more.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

We had almost 20,000 ST holders in 2010, in the summer of 2021 we didn’t even sell 7k. They didn’t bat an eyelid.

If we’d have lost that remaining 7k too the summer after they still wouldn’t give a flying feck - these are not normal owners yet people still think they are and that they actually care about loss of income and the like.

That's 2 in 2 days just on here staying away because of the owners, and that's over a decade on, you'd think it might have waned by now.Β 

Β 

This place isn’t remotely representative of the fanbase. My view is folk actually boycotting because of the owners (and will return as soon as they go) is minuscule. You think there are a vast amount of fans like a coiled spring just waiting to part with their Β£350-Β£450 to watch a middling second division team that now happens to be Venky free.Β 

But me and you will go round in circles on this until the club actually tries cheap tickets.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

On 21/06/2024 at 07:00, OldEwoodBlue said:

Words words words.

This season is different to last season. The Β£30 reduction means only an idiot who intends to buy will not take advantage.

In 2 days the price goes up by Β£80 and there will be no ongoing sales.

So if 7500 is smashed, it is also a net loss of MANY ST holders & it is certainly a hell of a long way from entry into the Β£10K for 10K competiion.... cough.

Not to mention that there will be significant growth in kids tickets = even bigger loss of adult tickets = massive reduction in revenue.

What a self induced disaster.

The death of a football club, Netflix could make a really depressing series on the destruction of a world famous institution.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

This place isn’t remotely representative of the fanbase. My view is folk actually boycotting because of the owners (and will return as soon as they go) is minuscule. You think there are a vast amount of fans like a coiled spring just waiting to part with their Β£350-Β£450 to watch a middling second division team that now happens to be Venky free.Β 

But me and you will go round in circles on this until the club actually tries cheap tickets.

I've never once said that I think they'd all flood back, what I've said is that they're staying away. This is why it isn't a straight comparison with other local clubs, we're thousands down on potential sales before we even start.Β 

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

I've never once said that I think they'd all flood back, what I've said is that they're staying away. This is why it isn't a straight comparison with other local clubs, we're thousands down on potential sales before we even start.Β 

My brother is still boycotting on the NAPM basis, there are still a good few out there who would return if the incompetents left.

• Like 1

I don’t doubt there are people out there that honestly do mean it, but these owners aren’t budging. So what’s the solution? Plod along with 7/8/9,000 ST holders indefinitely or do we try something a la PNE, Hudds, Bolton. PNE went from just 8,000 ST holders to their highest average crowd for sixty years overnight.Β 

We still have a sizeable floating support regardless of a few hundred folk pretending they’re/actually boycotting.

Why not give it a go? We do, and we still struggle to get close to 12k or so - then I’ll hold my hands up and say fair enough what’s the point until these owners fuck off, (or we end up in the PL by some miracle and then it obviously looks after itself.)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dallydally said:

And therein lies the problem. Keep dolling out hard earned brass whilst they don't give a stuff. If enough people didn't renew it WOULD hurt the. Grow some balls and make a stance!

That post comes across as so arrogant. If you don't want to renew that is your prerogative but to have a go at those who have renewed is wrong.Β 

• Like 8

15 hours ago, M_B said:

As mad as it sounds......Β 

It would appear that they were going out of their way to try to help people get around the tenner. It's almost as if they've been getting some stickπŸ™„

It beggars belief...this Club is barmy!

Β 

So the Club attracts more ST then matty,gives the impression that everything is fine and dandy down Ewood way when in reality its a Club and Supporter base who have been utterly humiliated by absent,negligent Owners.

Its everyone's personal prerogative to renew or not and I've always understood and respected that.

But just remember this folks...amidst the embarrassing cock waving of selling justΒ 7,000 Season Tickets by the Club Venky propaganda frontΒ©,the lies,deceit and running down of the Club continues unabaited.

I also fully understand and empathise with anyone not wishing to be part of this shambles,I share their pain.

I simply cannot financially support their shambolic running of our Club.

Β 

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I'd say it's both.Β 

There are many ex ST holders, who are fed up by the way the club is run. Lack of ambition, terrible transfer windows, selling our best players, Poor home performances etc.Β 

I'm one of them.Β 

Many of us don't want to walk away from the clubΒ  altogether so will still attend odd games socially. Follow on tv etc.Β 

In terms of people I personally know, 5-6 of us ( middleΒ aged, comfortableΒ income) wouldΒ  most likely buy a ST under new owners - at the Β£400+ mark.Β Β 

Β 

However at Β£250, this same group would also most likely buy a ST under the current regime - on the basis that if the season is asΒ bad as expected,Β  you haven't lost much if you don't go to half of them!Β 

I guess that would apply to quite a few people.

As it stands, the owners are still here and the prices aren't low enough to be enticing.Β 

The only way the ST sales will pick up by the start ofΒ  the season, is if some quality signings come through the door.Β 

Just my 2 penneth.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You could well be right, so let’s try and test the water (they won’t).

Completely agree. After last season's shambles on and off the pitch, they should have gone low.Β Β 

Next year. A one offΒ Β 

Β£150 for the anniversary season... that would get bums on seats regardless of the ownership situation.Β Β 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd say it's both.Β 

There are many ex ST holders, who are fed up by the way the club is run. Lack of ambition, terrible transfer windows, selling our best players, Poor home performances etc.Β 

I'm one of them.Β 

Many of us don't want to walk away from the clubΒ  altogether so will still attend odd games socially. Follow on tv etc.Β 

In terms of people I personally know, 5-6 of us ( middleΒ aged, comfortableΒ income) wouldΒ  most likely buy a ST under new owners - at the Β£400+ mark.Β Β 

Β 

However at Β£250, this same group would also most likely buy a ST under the current regime - on the basis that if the season is asΒ bad as expected,Β  you haven't lost much if you don't go to half of them!Β 

I guess that would apply to quite a few people.

As it stands, the owners are still here and the prices aren't low enough to be enticing.Β 

The only way the ST sales will pick up by the start ofΒ  the season, is if some quality signings come through the door.Β 

Just my 2 penneth.

Almost exactly the same boat as me πŸ‘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M_B said:

I believe folk are staying away as we are no longer a Premier league club..Look at 92 how gates doubled on promotion.

• Like 1

A year on from my shift as Chair of the Trust, I just feel grumpy about it all

- no ambition/plan/project

-zero commercial oomph, especially on sponsors and STs(Β£10 to visit Club Shop was ground zero)

- no clear intentions from absentee owners

Part of me does not want them to be successful, and the 150th Anniversary to be a total damp squib from League 1. And the other 90 % just resents that I feel so pessimistic.

First Indicator for this close season will be the date when we pay a fee for a player(dont hold your breath.

• Like 3

The latest price discount, which is offset somewhat by various stealth, was all about preventing a big drop off in renewals on the back of an awful season on the pitch and more ridiculous stuff off it with no doubt more to come.

It shouldn't be judged as anything else and if they hit last years numbers privately i think they'll be relieved in arse covering central, aka the office of Steve & Suhail.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, M_B said:

Exactly. This is the point continuely missed.

Easily 8000 do not go because of the owners.

Each one was broken at different times by different events. For me it was the Lambert fiasco. Personally, I will go back as soon as they go and there are a good few more.

But as Matty often says many have got too old, passed, found new things to do, stopped giving a shit, even one has taken to watching Man U. They won't go back of course. Nevertheless, they do not go because of the owners and won't go back for cheap ticket bribes.

So unfortunately we will plod along with those 7/8/9000 STs until they leave as there is no other scenario.

Fingers crossed for a 20th August ban on sending money to VLL.

• Like 1