BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2024/25 Season Tickets

53 minutes ago, Tom said:

Was there no period for new buyers to get seats not taken up by existing holders at the cheaper price?

Seems a missed opportunity as there may be some tempting seats that come up 

No, the process is to just buy one and then ring the club and fill in a seat transfer form to try and get a better seat, you just need to tell them roughly where you want to be.

I do agree though that a few days window where folk could log onto the site and have there pick of them at the cheaper price would be much better.

55 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

My parents have cracked and re-upped their season tickets.

Good on them. I would really love to take the moral high ground and say, enough is enough in protest at almost everything that our club has become but then I think, if someone like me doesn’t renew a ST, then who will and I don’t want my club to die. It is a very sorry state of affairs and I am sure, a situation many on this board recognise and agonise over.

• Like 1

Might be splitting hairs here, but I know of someone (friend of family) who’s 23 until the 30th of August, and been told she has to pay full whack for an adult season ticket as the ‘cut off date is 31st August’…

So she’s not allowed an 18-23 season ticket, despite being 23 now, and 23 when the season starts. Needless to say she’s decided not to bother. 

The whole thing is a fucking joke. Literally everything the club does is horrific and leaves a bad taste.

Edited by MB Rover

5 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Might be splitting hairs here, but I know of someone (friend of family) who’s 23 until the 30th of August, and been told she has to pay full whack for an adult season ticket as the ‘cut off date is 31st August’…

So she’s not allowed an 18-23 season ticket, despite being 23 now, and 23 when the season starts. Needless to say she’s decided not to bother. 

The whole thing is a fucking joke. Literally everything the club does is horrific and leaves a bad taste.

Every club will have a cut off, it's usually the start of August though. That's a bit daft they weren't prepared to bend the rules by a day mind.

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

The FAQ on this subject makes no sense…

How could someone under the age of 17 reach the age of 18 during the season??

Why would someone who turns 23 during the season want to buy an adult ticket (instead of a 18-23 one) ??

Am I missing something obvious here???

IMG_1721.thumb.jpeg.73498b0738c9eba78f2e186bf7cadd4d.jpeg

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, MB Rover said:

The FAQs state she IS NOT ALLOWED an adult ticket. She should be able to get an 18-23 ticket.

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

The FAQs state she IS NOT ALLOWED an adult ticket. She should be able to get an 18-23 ticket.

That’s if she’s turning 23 (not 24)

As I said yesterday, why would someone who’s turning 23 want an adult one (as against the cheaper 18-23) one??

Our club is full of imbeciles. 

17 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Every club will have a cut off, it's usually the start of August though. That's a bit daft they weren't prepared to bend the rules by a day mind.

The cutoff would make more sense if it was before the season started. Once a ball is kicked how can you say ‘although you’re 23, you can’t have a 23 year old ticket’?

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

That’s if she’s turning 23 (not 24)

As I said yesterday, why would someone who’s turning 23 want an adult one (as against the cheaper 18-23) one??

Our club is full of imbeciles. 

That’s my point, the club are saying she isn’t allowed an adult ST  because she turns 24 BEFORE their cut-off point AND she isn’t allowed an 18-23 ST because she turns 24 during the season.

Fuckwits. Question for WATR tomorrow night.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mike E said:

That’s my point, the club are saying she isn’t allowed an adult ST  because she turns 24 BEFORE their cut-off point AND she isn’t allowed an 18-23 ST because she turns 24 during the season.

Fuckwits. Question for WATR tomorrow night.

I was too distracted by the club’s incompetence to see the point you were making!

By the way, the full terms and conditions are as poorly worded as the FAQs.

Edited by wilsdenrover

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If she turns 24 before the cut-off point, then she has to purchase an adult ticket.

The FAQs might be worded poorly, but I think it's straightforward, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

If she turns 24 before the cut-off point, then she has to purchase an adult ticket.

The FAQs say (and not very clearly) what someone whose changing age categories can’t do.

They should be saying (clearly) what they can do.

Including the cut off point in the answer (and in the ts and cs) would also seem to be sensible.

56 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

23  or 24 pay your way ffs.

They are fecking grown assed adults. 

Not really the point though is it. The club can’t even price a season ticket without making a bollocks of it. 

• Backroom
3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Well given that she is 23 now and doesn’t turn 24 until after the season starts, she should be able to buy an 18-23 ticket, surely?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Not really the point though is it. The club can’t even price a season ticket without making a bollocks of it. 

It is tho , there shouldn't be a ticket for under 24s  .  They should be paying full

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why

Because the average 23 and 24 year old within 5 miles of the ground is struggling and doesn’t have much spare money.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

Because the average 23 and 24 year old within 5 miles of the ground is struggling and doesn’t have much spare money.

So means test the cheap tickets, don't just give them to everyone of a certain age.