BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Silvester sacked Baker appointed

He might well have made a costly error in isolation and deserves to be sacked.

But I don't think anyone will be fooled into thinking this cleans up the problem. We have fucked up transfers 3 times within 12 months, not all down to him. The McGuire deal also was only resurrected as a loan once the owners refused to approve the initial permanent transfer, causing late chaos. This wont happen again were the words after the O'Brien fiasco.

Still the same owners which is the main issue. Still most of the remaining incompetent staff. Weird how he never ever made a similar mistake in how many years of working in the role?

• Like 8

So they've made Sylvester the fall guy. No doubt given a nice payout and signed a NDA.

Happy clappers appeased.

Operation relegation 24/25 is still in full swing.

This happened THREE TIMES in a year. Every single one was deliberate.

Blackburn Rovers will never be a real football club as long as it is still stricken with the venkys virus.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He might well have made a costly error in isolation and deserves to be sacked.

The club secretary is the man who can only upload the paperwork for transfers and contracts. That's his job and no one else. That's what a club secretary does 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Weird how he never ever made a similar mistake in how many years of working in the role?

Or maybe we didn't hear the other mistakes in the past? 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

More pointless shuffling. Next will be Broughton out. Then they can all take the blame for what has happened.

I don't see it pointless. Would you have left the club secretary in the job after such a mistake? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Broughton moved on. I wouldn't move him on personal 

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Steve Waggott, Gandhi Babu, Sreenivasa Rao, Robert Coar, Suhail Sheik and Matt Wright all named on the club website as 'Senior management'.

Only one is ever visible or provides any degree of communication, and that is grossly inadequate.

Why would you hear the financial guy at the club? 

Waggott, GB and Eustace should be the only ones who commicate with fans. Is that right?.

Well in fairness he does have a relevant CV for getting transfers over the line.

However.

Under this regime its more than likely just a smoke and mirrors job, apart from of course to Chaddy as always.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Steve Waggott, Gandhi Babu, Sreenivasa Rao, Robert Coar, Suhail Sheik and Matt Wright all named on the club website as 'Senior management'.

Only one is ever visible or provides any degree of communication, and that is grossly inadequate

I don't think anyone disagrees that communication from the club is poor but are there many teams, especially at our level, where multiple members of the senior management are visible and/or talking to the media?

• Like 1

If "Gets Loads of Cash to take the Bullet" replaces "Sacked" it becomes believable.

Could it be the longest NDA negotiation in the history of football but he knew where the crypt was located and had the key.

Egg must be a tough NDA negotiator too.

Just try to imagine what size Maggots will be, eventually.

Meanwhile some still believe there will be a transfer budget of meaningful size.....

• Like 3

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see it pointless. Would you have left the club secretary in the job after such a mistake? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Broughton moved on. I wouldn't move him on personal 

Why would you hear the financial guy at the club? 

Waggott, GB and Eustace should be the only ones who commicate with fans. Is that right?.

If it happened 3x in a year due to real 'mistakes' costing us playoffs, promotion and our manager I'd expect a bit more by way of consequence than the secretary leaving many months later and being replaced with an administrator, which is why I referenced senior management.

When do any of them take responsibility? Ever? Or just pin it on someone lower down the chain and move on?

I reckon all but Waggott and maybe Coar of our 'senior management' could walk into Blues Bar at 2:30pm matchday and not one person in there would know who they were. Nobody knows who they are, what they do, what they look like.

Do you think that is acceptable?

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

More pointless shuffling. Next will be Broughton out. Then they can all take the blame for what has happened.

Meanwhile Venkys remain. 

Only one is ever visible or provides any degree of communication, and that is grossly inadequate.

Who are these people, what are they doing and when do they take any responsibility for the state of this club?

Pointless shuffling, what’s all that about, you’ve said for months someone should be held to account, now they’ve done it you’re saying it’s pointless, you can’t have it both ways….

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, unsall said:

Pointless shuffling, what’s all that about, you’ve said for months someone should be held to account, now they’ve done it you’re saying it’s pointless, you can’t have it both ways….

I want the real culprits holding to account. Owners and senior management. Those that remain in place for years on end running things from the shadows and are the ultimate cause of our situation.

I don't believe our transfer problems are of Silvester's making and they don't deserve the benefit of doubt on that.

Unfortunately little stunts like this and changing manager convince some people the problem is sorted and that we can move on to the future.

Firing off Silvester sure as hell will be a lot cheaper than signing McGuire and paying his wages for 6 months.

• Like 4

Cheston, Silvester and reportedly Broughton all leaving yet Waggott and Pasha survive. Add to that Tomasson actually name checking them both in his post match interview after his last game. Could it because Waggott and Pasha have a direct line to India and the others don't?

Something smells again.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

If it happened 3x in a year due to real 'mistakes' costing us playoffs, promotion and our manager I'd expect a bit more by way of consequence than the secretary leaving many months later and being replaced with an administrator, which is why I referenced senior management.

Maybe they were others but just not made public tho by everyone? Social media has grow loads In his time here? 

When do any of them take responsibility? Ever? Or just pin it on someone lower down the chain and move on?

Who do you want to pin it on? 

I reckon all but Waggott and maybe Coar of our 'senior management' could walk into Blues Bar at 2:30pm matchday and not one person in there would know who they were. Nobody knows who they are, what they do, what they look like.

Do you think that is acceptable?

Well that's depends how clueless up the fans were on the Rovers management is? Older fans would know Coar? 

Do you know who Simon Williams or Martin Goodman were face wise?

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I want the real culprits holding to account. Owners and senior management. Those that remain in place for years on end running things from the shadows and are the ultimate cause of our situation.

I don't believe our transfer problems are of Silvester's making and they don't deserve the benefit of doubt on that.

Unfortunately little stunts like this and changing manager convince some people the problem is sorted and that we can move on to the future.

Firing off Silvester sure as hell will be a lot cheaper than signing McGuire and paying his wages for 6 months.

Silvester is in charge of sending over the paperwork from transfers and contracts. He is the only one who can do it. That's a club secretary job. 

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Cheston, Silvester and reportedly Broughton all leaving yet Waggott and Pasha survive. Add to that Tomasson actually name checking them both in his post match interview after his last game. Could it because Waggott and Pasha have a direct line to India and the others don't?

Something smells again.

GB says he has a direct line to India. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe they were others but just not made public tho by everyone? Social media has grow loads In his time here? 

Who do you want to pin it on? 

Well that's depends how clueless up the fans were on the Rovers management is? Older fans would know Coar? 

Do you know who Simon Williams or Martin Goodman were face wise?

Silvester is in charge of sending over the paperwork from transfers and contracts. He is the only one who can do it. That's a club secretary job. 

GB says he has a direct line to India. 

The senior management structure of the club, according to the website, consists of six people:

Steve Waggott, Gandhi Babu, Sreenivasa Rao, Robert Coar, Suhail Sheikh and Matt Wright.

Senior management, by its very definition, takes ultimate responsibility for the performance of the club.

If you are the head of an organisation and people beneath you fail to the extent that it costs the organisation money, opportunity, potential promotion, not to mention immense reputational damage, then the head takes responsibility.

So I would expect to see greater consequences than this yes.

As I said, if our 'senior management' all walked together into the Blues Bar or Fox and Hounds on matchday with the exception of Waggott and perhaps some older end recognising Coar I don't think any Rovers fan would recognise or have the slightest clue who the other 4 are, wouldn't know their names or know what job they do at the club.

I don't think a single photograph can be found online of these people, Sheikh has been photographed a few times usually by accident sitting next to Waggott.

I'm not comfortable with that. I'd like to know who does what at the top of the organisation that clearly has had major operational shortcomings over the last few years.

Yes I knew who Martin Goodman was and would probably recognise him today. He was based at Ewood Park, attended Club events, transparent, communicated, attended matches and had a clearly defined role as our Financial Director. Same with John Williams and Tom Finn.

This lot are a different matter altogether.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The senior management structure of the club, according to the website, consists of six people:

Steve Waggott, Gandhi Babu, Sreenivasa Rao, Robert Coar, Suhail Sheikh and Matt Wright.

Senior management, by its very definition, takes ultimate responsibility for the performance of the club.

That's 3 out of 6 who are just Venky employees from India who haven't the first clue or qualification of running a football club.

One of the remaining 3 is just a name from the past in a guest role.

Is it any wonder we not only go nowhere but also continually run into the problems we do ?

Truly ridiculous and must be unique at a club this size, an epty hollow vessel.

• Like 4