BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England - Thomas Tuchel then…

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

My experience is the they find it a bit sad.  They have the Dutch to hate....

As for Tuckel, great appointment, but a sign of failure of the FA's stewardship of the game.

It always a feels a bit like when Preston try to big up the games with them as the biggest of deals when ultimately the vast majority are focused on the Burnley games more. 

I wasn't that attuned with the news and all that as I was quite young when Sven and Capello were appointed, was the media backlash like it has been the last couple of days? The right wing rags, radio shows and even Sky Sports seem to be posting nothing but different people complaining about it with differing degrees of vitriol. 

Honestly some of the stuff has seen has crossed the line into just nasty, ultimately whether you like him or not he's still the England manager. Seen people say they'd rather we won nothing with an English manager - it's pathetic. 

Yeah, the England > Germany thing seems a bit like the Scotland > England thing, or Preston > Rovers.
Means a lot more to one set of fans/people than the others.

I go to Berlin a couple of times a year with work and I really like Germany, the people and the culture.

The idea of animosity being passed down generations is fanciful at best.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How about they just get rid of it and don’t replace with friendlies either?

Ideal all round for the 99% of football fans who don’t give a toss about international football outside tournaments.

Then how do we test players, tactics and suchlike? There probably needs to be a low risk game to try things out.

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I don’t know a single person that has an issue with Germany or Germans. And when you go there they love speaking to Brits. Culturally very similar people.

Long standing allies pre and post a couple of rather unfortunate incidents in the first half of the 20th century.

Britain was allied with Nazi Germany for a good time and wealthy aristocrats were funding them until they started to encroach on the Empire's territory.

Don't forget the royal family were all very supportive of Hitler. Fucking scum.

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Yeah, the England > Germany thing seems a bit like the Scotland > England thing, or Preston > Rovers.
Means a lot more to one set of fans/people than the others.

I go to Berlin a couple of times a year with work and I really like Germany, the people and the culture.

The idea of animosity being passed down generations is fanciful at best.

It's fucking childish. People need to grow the fuck up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Then how do we test players, tactics and suchlike? There probably needs to be a low risk game to try things out.

Qualification games provide all the low risk matches England need, then a few warm ups before the tournament to top it up.

32 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Britain was allied with Nazi Germany for a good time and wealthy aristocrats were funding them until they started to encroach on the Empire's territory.

Don't forget the royal family were all very supportive of Hitler. Fucking scum.

you should research your history before spouting a load of b******s,the only nazi sympathiser,edward viii,abdicated and ***** off to france before the war,the rest of the family stayed in britain instead of fleeing to a safe haven,indeed mountbatten was in the navy and organised raids on dieppe and st nazaire

you really think hitler,if he conquered europe would let the british royal family keep their status🙂,he`d have been in buck house quicker than a gypsy can find scrap metal,don`t know what he`d have done to the royals,but i guarantee they would`nt be goosestepping down the mall with him,more than likely they`de be quietly disposed of

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

you should research your history before spouting a load of b******s,the only nazi sympathiser,edward viii,abdicated and ***** off to france before the war,the rest of the family stayed in britain instead of fleeing to a safe haven,indeed mountbatten was in the navy and organised raids on dieppe and st nazaire

you really think hitler,if he conquered europe would let the british royal family keep their status🙂,he`d have been in buck house quicker than a gypsy can find scrap metal,don`t know what he`d have done to the royals,but i guarantee they would`nt be goosestepping down the mall with him,more than likely they`de be quietly disposed of

I have read the history. Maybe you should too, and try looking a bit further than the BBC.

The British aristocracy were pushing for Britain to side with ze Germans against Soviet Russia.

I'm also not sure why the government trying to find a peaceful solution is so reviled. Surely no war would have been better than the absolute horrors of WW2?

Anyway, we'll see if Tuchel will get gifted the sort of draws that the wet lettuce did. He'll probably get given a draw of Brasil, Argentina and Germany in the group stage, have a massive injury crisis and miss out on goal difference or something. Then people will be saying that Southgate is superior or some bollocks without taking anything into context.