BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Fair play pal. 

got to be honest I’m more interested in us getting a double result at Stanley albeit a friendly. Bragging rights at stake 😀

RTID Club before country 

Me too, but he’d rather watch England at the moment.

13 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

looking at the friendly match list,it`s pretty much downgraded from even last year,where is our usual higher profile home friendly,girona last season,bloody stockport away this year,what a fecking shambles

Don't disagree, but we played Stockport on the Friday night last season before Girona on the Saturday, i still imagine we will have an Ewood friendly for the Saturday after Stockport this year like we did last season.

7 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Fair play pal. 

got to be honest I’m more interested in us getting a double result at Stanley albeit a friendly. Bragging rights at stake 😀

RTID Club before country 

Bragging rights in a friendly... desperate much

On 10/06/2024 at 22:49, simongarnerisgod said:

rovers new initiative is to charge £5 just to enter the club shop

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The postage fees are not that bad. £1.50, fair do's.

It's the disgusting penalty fees for things like buying tickets in person.

Upside down I agree mate but unfortunately it’s the world we live in. I would give good money to be able to buy a programme for example when I come out the fox and hounds after a few pints  and live the old school way at football but it’s gone now. Fuck this paperless bollox that’s what it is fucking bollox. We do it for the love not the glory RTID 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Michael123458 said:

Upside down I agree mate but unfortunately it’s the world we live in. I would give good money to be able to buy a programme for example when I come out the fox and hounds after a few pints  and live the old school way at football but it’s gone now. Fuck this paperless bollox that’s what it is fucking bollox. We do it for the love not the glory RTID 

There's no excuse for charging people a tenner for buying their tickets in person. That's the kind of thing a cynical peice of shit would do to try a squeeze a few extra pennies out of people. Disgusting.

Bring back the programmes and handing your paper tickets to the person on the other side of the turnstile I say.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2024 at 19:23, Michael123458 said:

I would give good money to be able to buy a programme for example when I come out the fox and hounds after a few pints  and live the old school way at football

Am I right that we are the only Lancashire Town Club that doesn't produce a Machday Programme these days?

8 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Am I right that we are the only Lancashire Town Club that doesn't produce a Machday Programme these days?

No. Stanley don't produce one.  In the Championship Swansea don't whilst Millwall and Bristol City leave it to the fans to produce one.  There are a few in League One and Two that don't.

Never understood how non-League clubs can but League clubs like Rovers, Millwall and Bristol City can't make if work from a financial point of view.

Edited by Parsonblue

Even if it doesn’t turn a profit, so what? What’s the outlay really in the grand scheme of things when you think of the ridiculous sums football clubs piss up the wall? So as long as the cover charge and advertising within comes close to breaking even, then that should do.

How about providing a decent match day experience to your supporters?

• Like 6

Did rovers ever organise any decent friendlies? At last count there’s that nonsense job at Stanley, Wigan, Stockport and the token Austria jaunt. Seems a bit thin on the ground and slim pickins 

3 hours ago, matt83 said:

Did rovers ever organise any decent friendlies? At last count there’s that nonsense job at Stanley, Wigan, Stockport and the token Austria jaunt. Seems a bit thin on the ground and slim pickins 

There's a game at Morecambe the night before Wigan (so probably the youth team) and also a behind closed doors fixture on the weekend after we play Stanley.

Never seems to be any sort of imagination given to the friendlies, pretty much the same'ish every year and see if anyone approaches us. Surprised Swag hasn't tried tapping up Celtic or Rangers to play at Ewood as they'd probably bring 8k.

Wouldn't mind a trip up to Parkhead in the same manner we did Ibrox five (six?) years ago. Proper long weekend material.

Suppose a day out in Nantwich will have to suffice in lieu...

7 hours ago, GHR said:

Wouldn't mind a trip up to Parkhead in the same manner we did Ibrox five (six?) years ago. Proper long weekend material.

Suppose a day out in Nantwich will have to suffice in lieu...

I think nob end are off to Alicante. That’s a nice little cheap destination for a summer weekend break. Think they might be playing Fiorentina out there as well. Sure they went to Tenerife once as well. Meanwhile off to Accrington for rovers.

On 16th May Rovers announced some pre-season plans on their website, including that they were travelling to the 'Tyrol region' of Austria from 14th to 21st July with 'at least one' friendly 'expected' to take place 'at the end' of the training camp.

In the fans forum minutes of 15th April Steve Waggott stated that plans had been made for a pre-season tour to Austria and that details would be published 'shortly' so that fans could make travel plans 'in good time' if they wished to attend.

To my knowledge no further update or information released in the last 6 weeks. We are now 3 weeks away from the 'tour' to Austria and still no confirmation of where they are going, whether they are playing any games, when those will be, where those will be or whether fans are welcome to attend.

The 'Tyrol region' is quite large and very vague as a destination. It can take a very long time to travel around the mountains especially if you can't drive.

So you'd have to be brave to book time off work, book flights, arrange transport and find a hotel somewhere in the 'Tyrol region' on the premise Rovers are playing out there but you don't know when, where or if you are going to be allowed in to watch.

So they've failed once again to update supporters and give them sufficient advance warning. Despite the same thing happening last summer and them vowing to release information more quickly this summer to ensure people had more opportunity to attend.

You compare to the transparency at other clubs, with full details released months in advance and even clubs organising packages for fans to book on, it's shocking.

I'd have more respect if they just said they don't want anyone to go and discourage people from travelling. At least they'd be honest about it.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

On 21/06/2024 at 07:47, matt83 said:

Speak for yourself, the Stanley double header was brilliant last season, and I'm looking forward to it this time around. It was a cracking afternoon, and allowed every player to get minutes. 

Good idea by Tomasson that, and I hope they keep it on. 

On 25/06/2024 at 13:00, M_B said:

Speak for yourself, the Stanley double header was brilliant last season, and I'm looking forward to it this time around. It was a cracking afternoon, and allowed every player to get minutes. 

Good idea by Tomasson that, and I hope they keep it on. 

No longer a double header:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/01/accrington-stanley-update/

Instead of 2x60 minute games, it will now effectively be 2x45 minute games.

Not much difference really.

I've attended this for the last couple of seasons. It's a decent afternoon out, and a reminder of what a proper club looks like.

• Like 1

Is there likely to be another friendly game squeezed in between Stockport away and the Derby game at the start of August? Don't we usually have a 'big' name home game before the season starts?