BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

17 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Yep, went down to Ewood on Friday to pick up the away shirt. Checked the third shirt and they only had kids sizes or 5XL left in adults. Seems to be very popular!

Am guna get the goalie shirts instead , just waiting see if we sign a new keeper first, Don’t really fancy pears on back lol

• 2 weeks later...

For all the flack SW/the club gets regarding our sponsor (and I'm not saying it couldn't be better both financially and the company), I've noticed Chelsea for the second season running begin the season without a main sponsor. You'd think it'd be relatively easy for them to negotiate a decent deal given the global reputation of the club. 

3 minutes ago, alex l said:

For all the flack SW/the club gets regarding our sponsor (and I'm not saying it couldn't be better both financially and the company), I've noticed Chelsea for the second season running begin the season without a main sponsor. You'd think it'd be relatively easy for them to negotiate a decent deal given the global reputation of the club. 

When it starts to unwind at Chelsea…as it surely must…it’s going to be quite the ride…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alex l said:

Having no sponsor would be infinitely better than the shit we had on the shirt the last two and a half years.

• Like 1

Swag deserves, what, praise for getting something, anything on the shirt? Which is usually a firm already in the tent in a radius of five miles from Ewood?

My nephew’s under 10s have a shirt sponsor.

He deserves nothing unless he’s attracting sponsorship income to that of our peers.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

I didn't say SW deserves praise, only highlighting that even at a club with a worldwide reputation, getting a sponsor seemingly isn't simple. 

Fully agree that the reasonable way to judge the sponsorship is against our peers. However, I'm not sure how easy it is to find out the financial details of sponsorship deals of clubs and even then, there'd be those who disagree on how to determine which clubs should be classed as peers. 

I wouldn’t use Chelsea as any kind of yardstick, total basket case.

I’d imagine they’ve had plenty of offers (from companies quite a distance from the King’s Road too), why wouldn’t they, but that regime is the kind of one that will barter with a firm over a few hundred grand for a shirt sponsor after shelling out a billion on attacking midfielders.

15 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Well, the club shop are really outdoing themselves this season - no 3rd shirts left after about 2 days of being on sale & now the home shirts are out of stock in all but small 3 weeks into the season!!

The mascot package will have to be rewritten.

15 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Well, the club shop are really outdoing themselves this season - no 3rd shirts left after about 2 days of being on sale & now the home shirts are out of stock in all but small 3 weeks into the season!!

Isn't there another batch from Macron coming in shortly? 

On 18/08/2024 at 17:25, alex l said:

I think Chelsea (and Notts forest if memory serves) don't have a front of shirt sponsor for aesthetics purposes rather than because they can't find one. They do have a sleeve sponsor though

2 hours ago, Erased Citizen said:

I think Chelsea (and Notts forest if memory serves) don't have a front of shirt sponsor for aesthetics purposes rather than because they can't find one. They do have a sleeve sponsor though

Chelsea were hanging on to sign one up believing they could qualify for the Champions League & secure more money apparently (think it was the Totally Football pod I heard that on..?). And events overtook them..!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Erased Citizen said:

I'm sure Chelsea wanted a front of shirt sponsor but asking far too much for it. 

2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Chelsea were hanging on to sign one up believing they could qualify for the Champions League & secure more money apparently (think it was the Totally Football pod I heard that on..?). And events overtook them..!

Ah I see, think I'm conflating with another story then 

14 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

But running out of stock in August is a good thing! As it shows they are popular… or something.

Saw one on the Surrey Cricket live stream yesterday (at the Oval), and of course Ewood is literally flooded with them. The new kits have gone down very, very well it seems.