BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

21 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

All my mcewans lager and cis sponsors have lasted. I agree with what you say though. It is annoying watching your shirts slow get ruined by cheap logos

I honestly can't remember what ever became of my McEwans and CIS shirts, I was thinking about this when I posted. I feel like I was determined I was going to keep my shirt from 95 forever though, so I can't imagine I threw it...maybe in some box somewhere.

Those sponsors weren't transfers either were they? I honestly just can't recall, haven't seen them in person for many years.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I honestly can't remember what ever became of my McEwans and CIS shirts, I was thinking about this when I posted. I feel like I was determined I was going to keep my shirt from 95 forever though, so I can't imagine I threw it...maybe in some box somewhere.

Those sponsors weren't transfers either were they? I honestly just can't recall, haven't seen them in person for many years.

The issue with iron on v sublimation is the planning cycle. 

The kit designs are finalised so far in advance that unless the club has a multi-year sponsorship deal the manufacturers won’t have the details in time so you end up with heat-pressed detail.

I quite liked the fleecy iron on McEwans but I always found the white rectangle uncomfortable to wear when playing in it (even in 5 a side..!).

The kappa/Time shirts were really good - I love the navy blue away one - but when we went to AMD - that too became an iron on…

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

The issue with iron on v sublimation is the planning cycle. 

The kit designs are finalised so far in advance that unless the club has a multi-year sponsorship deal the manufacturers won’t have the details in time so you end up with heat-pressed detail.

I quite liked the fleecy iron on McEwans but I always found the white rectangle uncomfortable to wear when playing in it (even in 5 a side..!).

The kappa/Time shirts were really good - I love the navy blue away one - but when we went to AMD - that too became an iron on…

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

IMG_1941.jpeg

IMG_0106.jpeg

IMG_0101.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg

Ah that's triggered some memories, I do remember the rectangle being uncomfortable to wear especially when playing in it.

I'm a bit confused by, isn't the designs being finalised way in advance an advantage for manufacturers getting the details in time? I'd also expect modern advances to have made this easier than when the Time shirts were made.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit confused by, isn't the designs being finalised way in advance an advantage for manufacturers getting the details in time? I'd also expect modern advances to have made this easier than when the Time shirts were made.

Sponsor’s details for clarity…e.g. this season’s kits were almost certainly manufactured before the WR deal was signed…

Next season’s will probably be manufactured early 2025 so unless next season’s sponsor is sorted now they’ll be prepared blank. 

• Like 1