BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

Just now, Herbie6590 said:

I really hoped we’d got rid of that awful sponsor…

Should say this in the privacy of the BRFCS owners group, but is it viable for us to set up a sponsor removal service in protest? Find a provider that can do it, get a cheap price based on bulk orders, fans send us their shirts with return postage and we handle the removal?

• Like 6

If the leaks are true, that's another beautiful set of kits from Macron. Unfortunately,  yet again I regret I will not be buying anything with that sponsor on it.

I had heard rumours that they were being changed but I guess the commercial team have failed again. 

To be honest, a good general rule of thumb to start is that if your youth players can't wear the sponsor, it probably shouldn't be on the shirt at all!

• Like 6

The kits were designed in FIFA kit creator so it's possible they just been designed based on the leaked info. They may have put Totaly Wicked as the sponsor as nothing has been announced yet about it changing, so it could be pure guesswork.

• Like 2

If you could change it to Totally Fucked you’d have a good protest against the owners.

7 hours ago, J*B said:

Should say this in the privacy of the BRFCS owners group, but is it viable for us to set up a sponsor removal service in protest? Find a provider that can do it, get a cheap price based on bulk orders, fans send us their shirts with return postage and we handle the removal?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, J*B said:

I will buy all three but in kids sizes only which are sponsorless. There is absolutely no way would I buy anything with that sponsors logo on. I will be writing to Fraser Read telling him just that. 

It's a real irony that Rovers were pushing things like Digital Day and chasing some EFL environmental award and yet they advertise a product that could be harmful to people, potentially carcinogenic.

• Moderation Lead

That sponsor just stinks the rest of the shirt out for me.

Granted, I never buy them anyway, as I’m 40 years old, but still.

• Like 3

I appreciate rovers don’t have to do a lot to irritate me. I’m like a coiled spring ready to snap at latest developments. I try and prepare myself for the nonsense. A pink strip certainly surprised me. It used to be the insult that when a team is performing poorly we should make them play in pink. Now we’re doing it voluntarily.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who will be please? 

It’s going to be a Steve Waggott’s face, he’s going to be front of shirt, shorts and back of shirt sponsor.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I expect we’ll find out today about the sponsor given Totally Wicked have announced on their end that their deal is over 

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

Watson Ramsbottom I think. 

If that's the case a huge improvement but doesn't really dispel the thought that the commercial team only contact about 4 companies about sponsorships!

However, an improvement is an improvement so we'll take it!

• Like 1

We will be guaranteed to be live on Sky at least twenty times next season as well as highlights on weekly. How can we not attract at the very least a national organisation rather than a firm of local solicitors (subject to the rumour being true) who nobody outside of East Lancashire has heard of. Once again it appears that the lowest hanging fruit is about to be picked.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We will be guaranteed to be live on Sky at least twenty times next season as well as highlights on weekly. How can we not attract at the very least a national organisation rather than a firm of local solicitors (subject to the rumour being true) who nobody outside of East Lancashire has heard of. Once again it appears that the lowest hanging fruit is about to be picked.

Agreed. The Championship is now a behemoth of a league with massive national and even international coverage. One of the most watched and attended leagues in Europe.

It smacks of laziness and taking the easy option turning to an established name in the phone book based up the road, a familiar trait with Waggott - see Totally Wicked, Webbox and the other vaping company he had involved a few years ago.

Like with so many other elements this club could, and should, be doing so much better yet there's nobody with the slightest bit of interest in doing so.

• Like 2