BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

Really glad to see the back of the vaping sponsor and that stupid logo on the shirt. Sounds like the club have actually done something positive for once from a commercial perspective.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Embarrassing that we can’t get proper sponsors. I’d expect Mill Hill fc to get a deal with a local firm of lawyers. A not surprising lack of imagination for a useless club.

“OUR BIGGEST DEAL SINCE 2012” I’m also calling bullshit with that claim as well. Unless there has been such gross incompetence in generating sponsorship money for over a decade. Which wouldn’t surprise me thinking about it. 

You only have to look at the sponsors of all the teams in the Premier League and the Championship to see how difficult it is to get a sponsor that isn't either gambling or has strong links locally or strong links to the club owners. Outside of the 'Big 6' it seems that it's only Leeds, West Brom, Coventry, Swansea, Derby and Oxford United that don't.

Edited by Gumbi

44 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If a local firm of solicitors have paid the biggest sponsorship sum since this lot bought the club 14 long years ago it says a lot about what’s transpired on their watch.

WR's profit before tax to July 2023 was very slightly over £2 million. What percentage of that would they want to pay for a sponsorship deal ? It's not going to be a big figure.

• Like 1

I think its just a clever spin on words to be honest, it doesn't mention it being a record deal financially. It's probably a month longer than previous deals or something ridiculous like that. Do the U21 team always have the same sponsor I can't remember?

5 hours ago, matt83 said:

Embarrassing that we can’t get proper sponsors. I’d expect Mill Hill fc to get a deal with a local firm of lawyers. A not surprising lack of imagination for a useless club.

“OUR BIGGEST DEAL SINCE 2012” I’m also calling bullshit with that claim as well. Unless there has been such gross incompetence in generating sponsorship money for over a decade. Which wouldn’t surprise me thinking about it. 

What type of sponsor would you like to have seen and how much would you expect from the shirt sponsor? would you have been happy with betting company on the front of the shirt? 

WatsonRamsbottom are more than just local businesses as the have offices throughout the North West, Cumbria and Yorkshire. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What type of sponsor would you like to have seen and how much would you expect from the shirt sponsor? would you have been happy with betting company on the front of the shirt? 

WatsonRamsbottom are more than just local businesses as the have offices throughout the North West, Cumbria and Yorkshire. 

Can’t say I’ve given it a massive amount of thought but I’d say the going rate for a championship shirt sponsor would be north of 500k a season. I’m sure someone will tell me.

I would have no problem with a betting company just like when had bet 24, a lager company, or a plastics company. I couldn’t give toss what they do it’s more what there’re likely to stump up. It’s why I wasn’t fond of the vaping lot, nothing to do with vaping more they’re probably not paying much.

I’m sure these lawyers narrowly pipped mrs smiths florist to the deal. I believe they threw in a large box of krispy kremes whereas mrs smith only bought a home made apple pie to sweeten the deal. Swag was just in doughnut mood at the time, being one himself. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They're a local business and that's just the way the small minded regime at Ewood like it. 

According to their own website they've got a presence in Barnoldswick, Carlisle, Pontefract and Lytham. That doesn't correspond with "offices throughout Cumbria and Yorkshire" it's a couple of offices outside the local area which they probably share with other businesses.

The comments on Rovers website are very much banging the 'local' drum. 

Basically Waggott has panicked because Totally Wicked have backed out so he's offered it to the next name on his very short list of local companies he's done business with previously.

Lazy. Small minded. Another sign of the times here, no intention of growth, expansion, trying something new, looking wider, just stick with the easy local option and sell it with the 'local' talk 

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

They're a local business and that's just the way the small minded regime at Ewood like it. 

According to their own website they've got a presence in Barnoldswick, Carlisle, Pontefract and Lytham. That doesn't correspond with "offices throughout Cumbria and Yorkshire" it's a couple of offices outside the local area which they probably share with other businesses.

The comments on Rovers website are very much banging the 'local' drum. 

Basically Waggott has panicked because Totally Wicked have backed out so he's offered it to the next name on his very short list of local companies he's done business with previously.

Lazy. Small minded. Another sign of the times here, no intention of growth, expansion, trying something new, looking wider, just stick with the easy local option and sell it with the 'local' talk 

They have offices in Accrington, Barnoldswick, Blackburn, Bristol, Carlisle, Chorley, Clitheroe, Darwen, Delph, Great Harwood, Lytham and Pontefract

It was rumour for months that Watson Ramsbottom would be our shirt sponsor this season, So how did Totally Wicked backed out? 

Would you have been happy with a betting company on the front of the shirt? 

16 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

If they are so proud that it is the biggest deal since 2012 then what's stopping them telling us exactly how much it is.

I'm sure the fans forum or WATR can ask in the next meeting for you

They have a few outlying offices. For example their Lytham one they share a building with about 10 others on the edge of The Green (and it’s isn’t a particularly big building).

They are an east Lancs firm largely operating in east Lancs, with a few small footprints elsewhere - nowt wrong with that, but they obviously aren’t going to be paying sums of any note, they just won’t have the marketing budget..

I may have posted this last year but I think it bears repeating. Even accepting that the Issa Brrothers are only football fans to the extent that they like Liverpool, surely it shouldn't be beyond the wit of semi competent Commercial Department to pitch that a sponsorship deal with Euro Garages would be mutually beneficial for Blackburn's two pre-eminent businesses?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have offices in Accrington, Barnoldswick, Blackburn, Bristol, Carlisle, Chorley, Clitheroe, Darwen, Delph, Great Harwood, Lytham and Pontefract

It was rumour for months that Watson Ramsbottom would be our shirt sponsor this season, So how did Totally Wicked backed out? 

Would you have been happy with a betting company on the front of the shirt? 

I'm sure the fans forum or WATR can ask in the next meeting for you

To replace a vaping company? Yes absolutely no issue with a betting company sponsoring the shirt. Why would I?

Not that its an either / or choice. There are plenty of large organisations all over the world that can be approached. Unfortunately we've got no commercial department worthy of the name and no efforts made beyond BwDBC boundaries.

Totally Wicked chose to end or not renew their deal, which is backing out, so a new sponsor had to be found.  

• Like 1

To be honest if the sponsorship money isn't the thick end of a million why even bother?

The totally wank deal was rumoured to be a hundred grand.

I'd hazard a guess that the only reason they aren't on there this year is because they broke off the deal not the club.

Just another day at venky fc.

Nothing against Watson Ramsbottom by the way, it's a massive windfall for them in terms of exposure.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

To replace a vaping company? Yes absolutely no issue with a betting company sponsoring the shirt. Why would I?

Not that its an either / or choice. There are plenty of large organisations all over the world that can be approached. Unfortunately we've got no commercial department worthy of the name and no efforts made beyond BwDBC boundaries.

Totally Wicked chose to end or not renew their deal, which is backing out, so a new sponsor had to be found.  

I think in 2 years time betting companies can't be advertise on football shirts. 

Unless you are in the PL, you aren't going to get a large organisations sponsoring Rovers. 

Totally Wicked brand took a major hit when the company and Rovers were slammed for their brand being our shirt sponsor in the House of commons a few months ago

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think in 2 years time betting companies can't be advertise on football shirts. 

Unless you are in the PL, you aren't going to get a large organisations sponsoring Rovers. 

Totally Wicked brand took a major hit when the company and Rovers were slammed for their brand being our shirt sponsor in the House of commons a few months ago

Hull City are / were sponsored by Corendon Airlines, Pegasus Airways and McVities.

Wrexham by American Airlines and Tiktok.

Cardiff by 'Visit Malaysia'

QPR previously by Gulf Air

Norwich by Aviva

Reading by Waitrose

During that time we've had Probiz, RFS, Zebra Finance, Totally Wicked and Watson Ramsbottom.

Unheard of or small local companies 

The only major one we've had was Dafabet which was thanks to Dave Biggar. I simply refuse to accept the claim that this deal is better than that one was.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hull City are / were sponsored by Corendon Airlines, Pegasus Airways and McVities.

Wrexham by American Airlines and Tiktok.

Cardiff by 'Visit Malaysia'

QPR previously by Gulf Air

Norwich by Aviva

Reading by Waitrose

During that time we've had Probiz, RFS, Zebra Finance, Totally Wicked and Watson Ramsbottom.

Unheard of or small local companies 

The only major one we've had was Dafabet which was thanks to Dave Biggar. I simply refuse to accept the claim that this deal is better than that one was.

Aviva are head quartered in Norwich 

Waitrose is reading 

Vincent Tan was owner of Cardiff then hence the Visit Malaysia sponsor

Obviously Wrexham is a bit of an outlier, being owned by Hollywood stars means better sponsors naturally. The Netflix series helped…

The only real zinger there is the Hull City deal with McVities. Everything else is just local sponsors sponsoring the local club 

We have brands like Euro Garages and Crown paints. I can’t think of anything else in Blackburn that comes close to Waitrose or Aviva

The size of the brand also doesn’t necessarily determine the size of the sponsorship package. Norwich and Reading will have a similar marketing catchment as us and will probably charge about the same amount

I am just glad we have got rid of Totally Wiked. I don’t mind that it is a local firm and I suspect the sponsorship package will be in line with other Championship clubs that aren’t sponsored by betting companies 

11 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Aviva are head quartered in Norwich 

Waitrose is reading 

Vincent Tan was owner of Cardiff then hence the Visit Malaysia sponsor

Obviously Wrexham is a bit of an outlier, being owned by Hollywood stars means better sponsors naturally. The Netflix series helped…

The only real zinger there is the Hull City deal with McVities. Everything else is just local sponsors sponsoring the local club 

We have brands like Euro Garages and Crown paints. I can’t think of anything else in Blackburn that comes close to Waitrose or Aviva

The size of the brand also doesn’t necessarily determine the size of the sponsorship package. Norwich and Reading will have a similar marketing catchment as us and will probably charge about the same amount

I am just glad we have got rid of Totally Wiked. I don’t mind that it is a local firm and I suspect the sponsorship package will be in line with other Championship clubs that aren’t sponsored by betting companies 

I think in the cases of Cardiff, Wrexham, Hull, QPR the deals they had came about as a direct result of their owners using their connections and ambitions overseas to secure sponsorship with their clubs.

Clearly our foreign owners have no such intentions / abilities. 12 years on and have we ever benefited from a single commercial deal from having these billionaire international conglomerate holders here? Not one from what I can remember. 

• Backroom

If Venkys had any bollocks about them, they’d be getting a Cobra or Kingfisher to sponsor us, and include a concourse deal to sell the stuff.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

If Venkys had any bollocks about them, they’d be getting a Cobra or Kingfisher to sponsor us, and include a concourse deal to sell the stuff.

If they had anything about them they'd crawl back into the sea and never come out.

9 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I may have posted this last year but I think it bears repeating. Even accepting that the Issa Brrothers are only football fans to the extent that they like Liverpool, surely it shouldn't be beyond the wit of semi competent Commercial Department to pitch that a sponsorship deal with Euro Garages would be mutually beneficial for Blackburn's two pre-eminent businesses?

They’ve fallen out with each other recently & have challenges in their core businesses…

https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/jun/07/asda-owning-issa-brothers-divide-empire-zuber-sells-supermarket-stake