BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

22 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Is there any reason Venkys can’t just sponsor the shirt and give us £10m to avoid the FFP stuff?

Other than the obvious reason that they are unfit owners.

that would throw me over the edge and ticket would 100% go back

23 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Is there any reason Venkys can’t just sponsor the shirt and give us £10m to avoid the FFP stuff?

I'm pretty sure that sort of sponsor is against FFP itself. It's been tried elsewhere to pump money into the club, our owners clearly didn't fancy it before it was against the rules.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, roverblue said:

They own a bunch of companies.

They could have done this with any of them at any point over the last 14 years and they haven't.

This argument of FFP is complete bollocks. Every single opportunity they have to generate any kind of revenue is passed up. Only now that they have been banned from sending over money have we seen some action in the form of selling our best players for absolutely nothing.

Still no attempt to get a decent sponsorship on the shirt. Still no attempt to get more people into the ground generating more match day revenue. Still no attempt to get the club promoted, in fact they've done the opposite, repeatedly and deliberately.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I think its just a clever spin on words to be honest, it doesn't mention it being a record deal financially. It's probably a month longer than previous deals or something ridiculous like that. Do the U21 team always have the same sponsor I can't remember?

It is a record for the club - the number of letters in the sponsers name

11 hours ago, Mike E said:

If Venkys had any bollocks about them, they’d be getting a Cobra or Kingfisher to sponsor us, and include a concourse deal to sell the stuff.

I like the idea but haven't alcohol companies been banned from advertising on football shirts?

If I'm correct with that, does that extend to their alcohol free offerings? I was thinking the likes of Heinekin 0.0, Guiness 0,0 etc - could be a way of the big breweries getting back into sponsorship.

On the subject of companies which The Vs have their sweaty palms involved with, didn't I read somewhere that Lavazza coffee was one of them? Would certainly look a bit more adventurous. I'm sure they'd have a few pennies more to throw at it & very few would know of the link.

• Like 1

Seeing that Barrow AFC have landed a sponsorship with Newfoundland & Labrador, why don't we try our hand in that department? Knowing us mind we'd likely end up with Visit Helmshore.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GHR said:

Seeing that Barrow AFC have landed a sponsorship with Newfoundland & Labrador, why don't we try our hand in that department? Knowing us mind we'd likely end up with Visit Helmshore.

More like Helmand knowing Venkys

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mike Graham said:

I have just engaged solicitors to sue someone.  I should have tried WR instead.

Sad to hear this Mike, suing someone almost always means everyone has suffered in some capacity. Hope there’s a quick and easy resolution. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roverblue said:

It would count as an associated party transaction.

The EFL would (or should) look into whether this was the fair market value.

If they deemed the fair market value was lower, this is the figure they’d use for FFP.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

But nothing stopping them from using their many contacts and links through their vast business empire to secure beneficial sponsorship and commercial deals, provided those are of a fair market value.

Which begs the question, why have they never done so, not even once, in 14 years of owning the club?

It's a mystery. Surely for the billionaire owners of a conglomerate with interests in a whole range of industries it would be pretty easy to encourage suppliers, partners, customers to put a bit of business or money into Rovers and thus massively help with those terrible FFP rules.

Perhaps the answer is that they just couldn't care less. If so that could explain a lot of the other stuff we've witnessed here over the years.

• Like 8

When Rovers had an agreement with 10Bet, it was over the course of three years for a reported seven figure sum. When "seven figure sum" is mentioned, I think it's usually said to make the lowest amount in that bracket sound good, so I suspect it means the club received around £350k per season from the deal.

Due to struggles with the impact of COVID-19, the sponsorship was cut short after the second year due to a break in the contract by 10Bet, which I presume to mean that they didn't keep to the payment schedule.

Similarly, Recoverite were also unable to keep to the payment schedule due to their own struggles with the impact of COVID-19, so their deal was terminated six months early. It was reported that Recoverite provided training and gym equipment to the club, so I suspect their financial contribution was smaller per annum than 10Bet's contribution, notwithstanding that betting companies tend to be popular because they are usually able to offer more than "nice" companies. I suspect the Recoverite deal was a downgrade in terms of finances, so maybe £200k-£300k per season?

Totally Wicked get a lot of criticism because of their product, but there are some things to be said for them with coming in quickly to plug the sponsorship gap, being a local company with the owner as a Rovers supporter, and paying everything on time (nothing suggests they missed any payments, and although COVID-19 was clearly a factor for the previous two sponsors, Totally Wicked at least kept up their end of the bargain, financially).

But, ultimately, we're not talking huge amounts when it comes to sponsorship at Rovers. It would certainly appear to be in the low hundred thousands per year. Something I didn't really know about, but it gives you an idea of the money they bring to the club, which is a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of discussion they appear to consume.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It may well be that it’s a deliberate policy to let local businesses sponsor the shirt below market value, rather than an inability to attract a major sponsor.

Which would make no commercial sense given our financial plight.

We've just brought in £25 million+ in the last 12 months from sales and spent next to nothing the other way so there's something very wrong indeed if our finances aren't in good health.

If that sort of influx of cash and our small squad and shorn wage bill doesn't put us in a decent position financially then nothing will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

We've just brought in £25 million+ in the last 12 months from sales and spent next to nothing the other way so there's something very wrong indeed if our finances aren't in good health.

If that sort of influx of cash and our small squad and shorn wage bill doesn't put us in a decent position financially then nothing will.

You’ve hit the nail on head. Been saying this for a while. What are they hiding? 

Something isn’t right. They’ve downsized every, yet we are still struggling like this.

Accounts need to be looked at somehow. 

Nothing adds up. Why? 

Rao’s/Waggott, over to you…

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gordon Ottershaw said:

I may have posted this last year but I think it bears repeating. Even accepting that the Issa Brrothers are only football fans to the extent that they like Liverpool, surely it shouldn't be beyond the wit of semi competent Commercial Department to pitch that a sponsorship deal with Euro Garages would be mutually beneficial for Blackburn's two pre-eminent businesses?

If the owners aren’t particularly interested, it would make good CSR as a local business and be welcomed by many of their local staff who possibly have Rovers credentials. Nothing wrong with EuroGarages or even Asda on the shirt.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

The club loses £15m-£20m per season without any input from Venkys. Our finances haven't been good for years. It's fairly obvious where the money will go; some might go on some modest transfers, but most will go towards the annual losses we're making so that Venkys won't have to put in as much.