BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers kits 24/25 season

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

The club loses £15m-£20m per season without any input from Venkys. Our finances haven't been good for years. It's fairly obvious where the money will go; some might go on some modest transfers, but most will go towards the annual losses we're making so that Venkys won't have to put in as much.

Virtually every club at this level loses £10 million+ a year without substantial sales or parachute cash.

Not many will bring in £25 million and counting in sales within a year to help with things.

Not many have 'billionaire' owners desperate to invest.

Most will spend more than us in any event. Most will spend more than us this summer without any multi-million pound sales.

Most have owners who want their clubs to get better. We don't.

What you are highlighting is entirely the choice of our revolting owners, and something that could instead be used to propel the club forward. If a mere 50% of cash received was reinvested it could catapult us into a good league position. This lot would rather save in the short term but get relegated to League One and lose more in the longer term.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Virtually every club at this level loses £10 million+ a year without substantial sales or parachute cash.

Not many will bring in £25 million and counting in sales within a year to help with things.

Not many have 'billionaire' owners desperate to invest.

Most will spend more than us in any event. Most will spend more than us this summer without any multi-million pound sales.

Most have owners who want their clubs to get better. We don't.

What you are highlighting is entirely the choice of our revolting owners, and something that could instead be used to propel the club forward. If a mere 50% of cash received was reinvested it could catapult us into a good league position. This lot would rather save in the short term but get relegated to League One and lose more in the longer term.

I reckon they've looked at the running costs of league one vs championship clubs and seen that league one is cheaper so that's now the mission. Relegate the club and don't have to send as much over for running costs.

20 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I reckon they've looked at the running costs of league one vs championship clubs and seen that league one is cheaper so that's now the mission. Relegate the club and don't have to send as much over for running costs.

One problem with that theory is the potential sale value of players. We'd be looking to sell to the Championship, we'd be about £16 million down on the Wharton deal for a start. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, M_B said:

One problem with that theory is the potential sale value of players. We'd be looking to sell to the Championship, we'd be about £16 million down on the Wharton deal for a start. 

Do  you think they're smart enough to realise that?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, M_B said:

They've repeatedly refused to sell players when presented with offers. They've repeatedly refused to do anything to help increase our commercial revenue.

The sales of Wharton and the inevitable sale of Szmodics will help cushion the immediate blow of dropping down into the next level then it's less cost, less attention. Happy days.

• Like 2

On 27/06/2024 at 11:44, ScorpioRover said:

how legit is the black n red striped away and pic 3rd kits?

The mock ups are precisely that…an initial concept design to start discussions. I too had confirmation that the home & away would be heavily ‘95 influenced & the photos of the home shirt seem largely to confirm that. I expect minor trim differences/collar for the red & black but thick red pinstripes on black seems a fair bet.

The pink 3rd kit is the one I would expect to change most from those pictures…but this is me guessing & setting myself up for ridicule 😉

I hope the home has the inside of the button collar with red piping and a thing red piping on the arms a la 92-94 shirt. I personally prefer us in the thick black and red stripe over the pinstripe but generally anything black and red ticks my vision of what a rovers away kit should look like. I do think they've missed a trick in not going for the gold/yellow and black 3rd kit, readers of a certain vintage will remember they only made about 500 of them originally and it was an ace kit, imagine if we saw a return of the the goalkeepers kit in that mad kaleidoscope shirt that all the Asics clubs had. I noticed Hummel re-did their Kaleidoscope shirt version for Denmark this time

• Like 5

12 hours ago, damo100 said:

Thought the new home kit was to be made public today, anyone know when this is?

I was in the shop yesterday and was told definitely this week but no firm date yet. 

Given Szmodics and Siggy only returned to training yesterday, they'd want them on the launch pictures. We'll get to see it tomorrow and on sale Friday is my guess.

15 hours ago, Rochdale Blues said:

More likely Sunday!!!!

Pay staff extra to work Sunday??? 😂😂I

The shop only opens at 11 am on Friday which historically is done to allow staff to put the new stock out. It is also open until 'late'.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Pay staff extra to work Sunday??? 😂😂I

The shop only opens at 11 am on Friday which historically is done to allow staff to put the new stock out. It is also open until 'late'.

By late do they mean 5:30pm?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

There’s a teaser on the Rovers twitter with SAS reference. 

We have our 2024 version of SAS now.

Skint and Struggling.

• Like 5