BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

10 hours ago, tomphil said:

Bloody hell Bumley and the other lot away early and close together.

Away followings will be dire after that this season when no one is trying to get attendance to qualify for a Turd ticket.

They weren't exactly dire last season when Burnley weren't even in the same league? Given the shite on display at times our away followings were more than respectable to be fair. Shamefully I personally probably went to less aways last season than the last 20 odd years though I must admit 🥲

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They weren't exactly dire last season when Burnley weren't even in the same league? Given the shite on display at times our away followings were more than respectable to be fair. Shamefully I personally probably went to less aways last season than the last 20 odd years though I must admit 🥲

That was on the back of our best ever season in the Champ under this lot.

Now I'm thinking in relation to last seasons struggles and the new tv schedule without Burnley expectancy to prop it up.

We'll see, agree though an average of over 1k away followings every season is perfectly respectable all things considered.

Edited by tomphil

I actually think that's a horrible start to the season. I detest playing promoted sides at the start of the season. They're on a bounce, highly motivated to prove themselves, and often underestimated. They seem to start seasons with upsets more often than not. Then Norwich away for the second game is tricky, and I expect the Dingles to bum us at that point of the season when we'll probably have only brought 1 or 2 players in (potentially none...). I can easily see us coming out of the first 4 games with perhaps a point or two, potentially. 

• Backroom
14 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

Timing of Burnley and PNE at Home is good news for Half ST sales if they can price them right (and with TIME to buy the) at Christmas.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

I don’t get why there are two Championship games at 8pm on the opening Friday.  That’s Sky just taking the piss.

and none at 3pm on the Saturday.

I knew they were increasing the amount on TV this season but to show every EFL game over the weekend seems a bit OTT to me.

It’s a joke. Modern football isn’t about those who attend it’s about armchair fans. Between the football authorities and the incompetent morons at rovers it’s like being in a vice of uselessness. 

• Like 1

Dingles away now a Saturday 12.30 KO, PNE away noon on a Sunday 😩 

And QPR at home one of *three* games all on Sky, all kicking off at 12.30 on the same Saturday. Great this TV deal, ain’t it.

Only going to get worse, only slight positive is at least before the start of the season we will know where we are upto fixture wise until mid Jan.

PNE on a Sunday 12pm is horrible though.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Dingles away now a Saturday 12.30 KO, PNE away noon on a Sunday 😩 

And QPR at home one of *three* games all on Sky, all kicking off at 12.30 on the same Saturday. Great this TV deal, ain’t it.

another good away day ruined at nobbers by chaddys sky 

The numerous games all at dinner time on the same day is an absolute joke by Sky. As much as having a few games moved around at different times was excessive, at least it was sort of understandable. But having more than 1 at the same time is unacceptable and again shows that all that stuff the commentators spouted during and after covid about football being nothing without fans was bullshit to them.

• Like 1