BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Posted (edited)

We laugh but them sensing Fleetwood away FOMO and thus a quick cash in was the main reason 1875 was brought in in the first place for the L1 season. 

Edited by Mattyblue

On 03/07/2024 at 14:03, Mattyblue said:

Dingles away now a Saturday 12.30 KO, PNE away noon on a Sunday 😩 

And QPR at home one of *three* games all on Sky, all kicking off at 12.30 on the same Saturday. Great this TV deal, ain’t it.

Dingles and North End was always going to pick for TV. 

On 03/07/2024 at 16:08, ABBEY said:

another good away day ruined at nobbers by chaddys sky 

how has it? 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

really chaddy preston away hasn't been ruined by sky ? 

why ?

how is a 12 o clock on a Sunday in any way better than a Saturday 3 o'clock  .

lets be honest Abbey, it was always going to be change and it was either going to be Saturday midday or Sunday midday. No different 

Oh by the way it was the EFL clubs who wanted more money from TV rights so it was obviously more games would be on TV if you want more money

Edited by chaddyrovers

14 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

no different sun or sat ? really or full wum  mode.

Preston and Blackpool are best sat away days we have in life as a fan . 

same old same old comments. 

Maybe they might be your best away days. 

You still refused to understand that this was always going to happened when EFL clubs want more money. Simple as. 

Anyone who goes to Preston on that Sunday at 12pm will see the impact of Sky.

Rather than 5500 Rovers fans there and a raucous atmosphere there will be 3000 odd and a tepid atmosphere. Rather than a full Deepdale there will be 5000+ empty seats.

Clubs aren't bothered because it's all about the Sky money and they simply assume fans will tolerate whatever scheduling they come up with.

I think as time goes by less and less will put up with it and ultimately they will kill the golden goose.

The people facilitating it right here right now will justify it on the balance sheet and will be long gone by the time the true damage becomes clear.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes Chaddy they were always going to show PNE away with this new deal, that’s the entire point. The last deal they often didn’t - like last season.

blame the EFL and its clubs who wanted this deal

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

blame the EFL and its clubs who wanted this deal

Chad's your changing your argument again.. its defo a difference in sat or Sunday.  your mates at sky are rats. 

I shall make it easy for you. When was last time we had a Sunday 12 kick off at dumpdale. Yes we had a night match a couple of years ago but that's OK because you can make a day of it. Sunday pubs won't be open and Sunday afternoon in Preston is pants. 

Sat afternoon a few pints creates a better atmosphere than 12 on a chuffing Sunday at breakfast time

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

Chad's your changing your argument again.. its defo a difference in sat or Sunday.  your mates at sky are rats. 

I shall make it easy for you. When was last time we had a Sunday 12 kick off at dumpdale. Yes we had a night match a couple of years ago but that's OK because you can make a day of it. Sunday pubs won't be open and Sunday afternoon in Preston is pants. 

Sat afternoon a few pints creates a better atmosphere than 12 on a chuffing Sunday at breakfast time

I make it easy for you, not everyone is obsess with drinking like yourself. 

Games were always change this season and beyond now. Times are changing 

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I make it easy for you, not everyone is obsess with drinking like yourself. 

Games were always change this season and beyond now. Times are changing 

take it you don't do any away games at all then ...

obsessesd..oh dear that's a new low even for you.

Preston away I'd say most folk are on the beer normally does that make everyone obsessed ? have you never once had an away day on the beer?

32 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

take it you don't do any away games at all then ...

obsessesd..oh dear that's a new low even for you.

Preston away I'd say most folk are on the beer normally does that make everyone obsessed ? have you never once had an away day on the beer?

Yes I do some away games each season

Who knows what people do Abbey, I leave them to do what they want. 

So people who take their children to away games or drive to games are on the beer as you put it? 

• Moderation Lead

It’s a shame that match going fans are bottom of the priority list and TV is prioritised. It’s an even bigger shame that people that go to matches themselves don’t have an issue with this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

It’s a shame that match going fans are bottom of the priority list and TV is prioritised. It’s an even bigger shame that people that go to matches themselves don’t have an issue with this.

The game being on TV isn't a factor whether I buy a ST each season or cup game each round or away game every other week

Posted (edited)

Once again it isn’t about you (or me). As an example I personally like a 12.30 Saturday game as they are quite convenient for me, however do you think generally having half the games on TV at all manners of KO times is going to be a good thing for gates?

Edited by Mattyblue

• Moderation Lead
44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The game being on TV isn't a factor whether I buy a ST each season or cup game each round or away game every other week

Once again, this isn’t just about you, this is about fans en masse.

(Sorry Matty, didn’t see you were responding to Chaddy initially, as you hadn’t quoted him).

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Once again it isn’t about you (or me). As an example I personally like a 12.30 Saturday game as they are quite convenient for me, however do you think generally having half the games on TV at all manners of KO times is going to be a good thing for gates?

I haven't said its about me but I can't speak for the entire fan based Everyone situation is down to their own situation. Fans get to know all the dates and kick offs for 1st half of the season before the season starts to allow fans to know what is going on and when we are playing. 

8 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Once again, this isn’t just about you, this is about fans en masse.

(Sorry Matty, didn’t see you were responding to Chaddy initially, as you hadn’t quoted him).

when did I ever say it was about me. I didn't. Its yourself making it about me. I have given my opinions from my own opinion. Everyone has a voice and I allow them to talk about for themselves