BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Accrington Stanley (a) - Friendly 6/7/24

Today is Rovers first friendly game. Kick off is at 2pm. 

Looking forward to seeing Rovers back playing and its less than 5 weeks before the season starts 

Looking forward to seeing O'Riordan, Gent, Duru, Leonard and Tyjon play today, 

• Like 1

I believe it’s a normal 90 min game now? Are tickets still available? Might have sorted that sooner if know weren’t pissing about with 2 hour long games. Bumper day of sport England vs New Zealand in the rugby, rovers vs accy, England vs Switzerland. Plus British gp qualifying. 

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I believe it’s a normal 90 min game now? Are tickets still available? Might have sorted that sooner if know weren’t pissing about with 2 hour long games. Bumper day of sport England vs New Zealand in the rugby, rovers vs accy, England vs Switzerland. Plus British gp qualifying. 

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/july/04/ticket-news--accrington-stanley-v-rovers/

Tickets are available on the day.

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

It is just 1 game of 90 mins game with England playing at 5pm. 

Great weekend of sport as you said. 

23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Currently watching England ahead vs New Zealand in Dunedin. Drive to longridge to watch Clitheroe v longridge ko 11:30. Drive to Accrington to watch rovers v Stanley ko 2pm. Drive back to the pub for Switzerland ko 5. Quite a mission of sport. I’m just popping out for some “milk”. I could defo pull this off. 

England played very well and tbh we should have win. Marcus Smith missing simple kicks cost us massively 

• Like 1

Will anyone there be providing updates on here, as I believe there is no stream.

I am out of the UK but as always, will be tuning in to see how it is going, so any updates will be appreciated. 

• Backroom

Always nice when pre season properly starts, be good to see the new kit in all its glory 

Sacha Petshi to start 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Assume we'll have 2 different teams in each half (if we have enough players for that)

Just about

Pears

Brittain Carter Hyam Pickering

Tronstad JRC

Gallagher  Garrett   Dolan

Tijon

Hilton/Eastham/Michalski

Duru O'Riordan Gamble Gent

Travis  Buckley

Markanday Vale Gilsenan

Leonard/Telalovic

Apparently Hedges not ready, and Sigurdsson & Sxmodics will play a small part (subs)

Disclaimer - I am not advocating Gally out wide, just fitting what is available into two starting 11s

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Always nice when pre season properly starts, be good to see the new kit in all its glory 

Sacha Petshi to start 

And with it come the usual rigmarole. 

Just to recap:

It's NOT about the results

Shirt numbers mean nothing

An absent player isn't necessarily being sold

Jack Vale scoring past Accy Stanley doesn't mean he's the solution to our striking problems

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Anyone have a clue who Barrett is?  Edit - Apparently a trialist

Surprised that Saadi is there over Whitehall

Tell me the squad is desperate for investment, without telling me the squad is desperate for investment.