BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Accrington Stanley (a) - Friendly 6/7/24

34 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Crikey, this squad is about as deep as a puddle.

Need about 8 players minimum that can actually strengthen the group.

Hope Gent does well.

The contract extension and, apparent, promotion of Saadi looks very strange. He’s barely played in the past year and been on loan to Marine. One to follow, I think.

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

The contract extension and, apparent, promotion of Saadi looks very strange. He’s barely played in the past year and been on loan to Marine. One to follow, I think.

What I saw of Saadi he was miles away from being championship level.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is gent a full back?????

22 minutes ago, rigger said:

Was understudy to Batty, no idea of his progress.

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

LB or LM I thought I read somewhere 

Gent played left wing back last season for Motherwell, saw a few games against Rangers & Celtic where he did ok

Better going forwards than back in my opinion though.  Could easily play as an old school winger, not sure how he would do as a LB in a back 4, but he has time to learn.

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Ref is a clown

Who would have thought a ref could bring controversy to a friendly ? All the ref needs to do is ask the Accy manager if he is OK with what has happened, and take it from there.

• Like 4

Just now, rigger said:

Who would have thought a ref could bring controversy to a friendly ? All the ref needs to do is ask the Accy manager if he is OK with what has happened, and take it from there.

"John, are you bothered if they bring a 16 year old on in a friendly? No, I thought not".

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"John, are you bothered if they bring a 16 year old on in a friendly? No, I thought not".

Especially if he does become the next big thing, those there can say "I saw Tijon before he moved to Real Madrid for £500M"

Just so that I am clear, Rovers will sell him for well under market value to Brentford etc, and they will sell him to Real Madrid for £500M 6 months later

• Like 3