BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Accrington Stanley (a) - Friendly 6/7/24

Broughton was useless lets be plain and honest now.

Leo, Ennis, Telalovic etc what more examples do you want ?

I'm as angry with this club and ownership as the next man but i can certainly see why they binned him off pronto look at the deal he was setting up for Mcguire for gods sake.

End of the day though the owners and people running it are at fault yet again as they employed someone with no track record in the job and he was set up to fail.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So you aren’t actually bigging up Vale for a starting spot, fair enough.

I think he has improve from 22/23 season to now but what he needs is regular first team football and scoring goals to keep developing. 

Far too many times young good players don't develop cos they don't play regular and improve their overall game. 

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm as angry with this club and ownership as the next man but i can certainly see why they binned him off pronto look at the deal he was setting up for Mcguire for gods sake.

End of the day though the owners and people running it are at fault yet again as they employed someone with no track record in the job and he was set up to fail.

Broughton was reasonably good at taking the flak.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

GB's poor loan signings was his biggest problems. 

We took a gamble on Ennis(who I thought would be better than he was) and Telalovic. What we should have done is got 1 good striker in instead

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he has improve from 22/23 season to now but what he needs is regular first team football and scoring goals to keep developing. 

Far too many times young good players don't develop cos they don't play regular and improve their overall game. 

There is a simple reason why many young players don't get much game time and that is they aren't good enough and most likely never will be.

Vale is 23 and no longer a 'bright young thing' though I doubt he ever was!

Think he's played over 40 games out on loan at places like Halifax, Barrow etc failing to score even a handful of goals in all those games.

IMO, it would be a stretch seeing Vale as even a half decent National League player.

The bottom line is the lad hasn't got it and never will.  Simple as.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There is a simple reason why many young players don't get much game time and that is they aren't good enough and most likely never will be.

Think he's played over 40 games out on loan at places like Halifax, Barrow etc failing to score even a handful of goals in all those games.

IMO, it would be a stretch seeing Vale as even a half decent National League player.

I disagree. I think far too many young players pick money over playing regular first team football. 

I know Vale age and his career path thanks Mercer, I think he will have decent EFL career but needs to pick him the right club for him to develop and learn more. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

GB's poor loan signings was his biggest problems. 

We took a gamble on Ennis(who I thought would be better than he was) and Telalovic. What we should have done is got 1 good striker in instead

The majority of his signings were poor, the successes were few and far between.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

Next stop Chorley.

On 06/07/2024 at 16:27, chaddyrovers said:

The ref made a shocking decision not to allow Tyjon on. Clueless..

My mate who went to the game tried to explain what happened and as I understood it Tyjon came on and was brought off again then we tried to bring him on again in the second half as though nothing had happened.

I've never heard anything like it in my life. Talk about unprofessional. Maybe we should have asked Accy if if it was OK if we fielded 13 or 14 players to their 11.

After all it's only a friendly.........

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

My mate who went to the game tried to explain what happened and as I understood it Tyjon came on and was brought off again then we tried to bring him on again in the second half as though nothing had happened.

I've never heard anything like it in my life. Talk about unprofessional. Maybe we should have asked Accy if if it was OK if we fielded 13 or 14 players to their 11.

If the referee was applying all rules to the letter of the law then the Stanley 'keeper would have been sent off early in the second-half and several players would have been booked.  However, the referee in the second half went out of his way not the apply the laws of the game to the strict letter of the law - which in a friendly is fair enough.  But then he refused Tyjon permission to come on after Saadi had left the field.  Instead he allowed Saadi to return even though he had been substituted.  Tyjon had been on the pitch for less than a minute in the first-half - coming on when Szmodics was injured - again a foul that would have earned a booking if the laws had been applied.  The officials, in the second-half, seemed to have lost the plot.

• Like 3

All the ref needed to do was apply some common sense, or worst case, check with the Accy manager.

Anyway, as in the last couple of seasons, it was a good afternoon out, and a pleasure to watch some live football again.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

If the referee was applying all rules to the letter of the law then the Stanley 'keeper would have been sent off early in the second-half and several players would have been booked.  However, the referee in the second half went out of his way not the apply the laws of the game to the strict letter of the law - which in a friendly is fair enough.  But then he refused Tyjon permission to come on after Saadi had left the field.  Instead he allowed Saadi to return even though he had been substituted.  Tyjon had been on the pitch for less than a minute in the first-half - coming on when Szmodics was injured - again a foul that would have earned a booking if the laws had been applied.  The officials, in the second-half, seemed to have lost the plot.

Which in itself is contrary to law as the substitution had taken place. It was ridiculous from the officials and petty beyond belief. I don't think anybody had even thought of the fact he had made a brief first half appearance and for a few minutes confusion reigned. I was sat close to the Technical Areas and the Accrington officials were as perplexed as everyone else and really didn't look bothered.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Which in itself is contrary to law as the substitution had taken place. It was ridiculous from the officials and petty beyond belief. I don't think anybody had even thought of the fact he had made a brief first half appearance and for a few minutes confusion reigned. I was sat close to the Technical Areas and the Accrington officials were as perplexed as everyone else and really didn't look bothered.

The 4th official had no problem just the silly arse ref. Stanley managements weren't arsed either. It was a testimonial game/Friendly  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The 4th official had no problem just the silly arse ref. Stanley managements weren't arsed either. It was a testimonial game/Friendly  

I honestly don't think anyone was aware until he told Tyjon to go off and allowed Saadi to come back on. The irony was that had the games been in their original one hour format it would have been perfectly legal. It was just a pedantic referee who decided to strictly enforce the law whilst clearly disregarding other aspects.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I honestly don't think anyone was aware until he told Tyjon to go off and allowed Saadi to come back on. The irony was that had the games been in their original one hour format it would have been perfectly legal. It was just a pedantic referee who decided to strictly enforce the law whilst clearly disregarding other aspects.

if they wanted to strictly enforce the law though where does it state in the laws of the game that you can make 11 substitutes at half time.  it was absolutely absurd that he wasnt allowed back on and really didnt make any sense

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

come on Rev there are lots of things that you can beat the club up about but this really isnt one of them

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

if they wanted to strictly enforce the law though where does it state in the laws of the game that you can make 11 substitutes at half time.  it was absolutely absurd that he wasnt allowed back on and really didnt make any sense

There were many occasions when law was not applied so to single out the most trivial one was bewildering and in truth didn't show refereeing in a good light.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

There were many occasions when law was not applied so to single out the most trivial one was bewildering and in truth didn't show refereeing in a good light.

I don't know about sticking to the laws of football, on this occasion showing a modicum of common sense would have been the correct decission. I would have thought, common sense would have been a pre-requisit for a referee. 

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

its shame the ref didn't enforce the law on fouls and give our yellow cards and red cards when the fouls warrant it