BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

51 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Rudy hasn't taken the time out to update his LinkedIn so can't look on that for clues as to what the job entails. Although if you look at what Suhail allegedly does you'll laugh, a lot, basically everything that's fucked at the club (mainly because he doesn't actually do it).

As for Rudy I actually know what the job entails.

Waggott as we know is retiring quite soon, Rudy has been brought in to shadow Swag and in turn inherit duties as he takes a 'step back' to "wind down" and ensure everything is in good shape before he departs (this is how he will have sold it the twats in Pune, not my thoughts).

When he retures we'll have a combination of king rat Suhail and Rudy effectively running the club, I use the term running very loosely, running it into the ground is more apt.

9 years king rat has been at the club, 9 fucking years. I'd love to hear an interview about his achievements in that time I really would. I really hope that eventually the penny drops with the wider fan base and he comes more into focus. As much as Swag is vermin, he's at least engaged with fans to an extent (for what it's worth).

The power almost certainly rests with Suhail, who just hides in a cowardly manner and lets Waggott front it up.

Gestede with Zero experience and so far as I know, no actual qualifications, will step into the firing line, as the mouthpiece for Suhail.

Its highly likely that things are going to be even more turbulent this season, than any previous ones, so could be a very convenient time for Waggott to back down. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think basically Gestede is based locally, very keen to have a career in football 'management' after playing and to try and develop that career is willing to come and work here for a low salary.

Music to the ears of Waggott and co. because they can shuffle the deckchairs, make it look like things are happening, all for minimal cost, and with the added 'bonus' of the ex-player free credit in the bank.

Since Mowbray left Waggott has wanted someone else to handle the media side of things and keep himself sheltered from it. So Broughton filled that void for a while until he got fed up with being made the scapegoat, same with JDT. Will now fall upon Rudy and Eustace and then next summer at least one of those two will be gone and another comes along.

Eustace will go after relegation.

Twelve Pieces Rudy after a cockup, of which there will be many.

2 hours ago, lraC said:

The power almost certainly rests with Suhail, who just hides in a cowardly manner and lets Waggott front it up.

Gestede with Zero experience and so far as I know, no actual qualifications, will step into the firing line, as the mouthpiece for Suhail.

Its highly likely that things are going to be even more turbulent this season, than any previous ones, so could be a very convenient time for Waggott to back down. 

He has absolutely been brought to front of house as a shield/distraction otherwise he'd carry on his learning experience quietly in the background.

Reminds a bit of a few years ago when they rolled out Chris Samba out of nowhere, here to work on the coaching staff, did his Q&A and a few interviews in the press.

Then basically just disappeared into the back ground just doing his badges never to be heard from again.

Lovely little distraction at a time the budget had been cut and Mowbray was starting to get stick for his dour management.

Edited by tomphil

9 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

I know what his job is, and part of his job is to improve communication with fans (his words). So, what would you like communicating? It’s a straightforward question. 

What the short term, medium term and long term objectives and targets for the footballing side of the club? 

What type of scouting department do we want? Where are looking for signings? 

How is he going to keep the academy producing players for the first team? 

4 hours ago, lraC said:

Maybe for starters, he could explain why the club are peddling the nonsense about the court hearing and explain properly, how important to the future of BRFC this really is. 

Surely that what Waggott should be done. He is CEO not Gestede. Gestede focus should be on the pitch and footballing issues. 

Waggott comments are true that the owners court case isn't about Rovers and they can fund the club if they wanted but have to put the same amount into a Government bank like a guarantee. They have chosen to not do resulting in we can't spend a decent amount that we should be spending to get into a playoff place. The money we received in the last 6 months should have resulted in spending money on quality keeper, goalscorer striker and few squad players to improve the overall quality of our squad plus renew the contract for certain players like Hyam, Dolan, Etc. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What the short term, medium term and long term objectives and targets for the footballing side of the club? 

What type of scouting department do we want? Where are looking for signings? 

How is he going to keep the academy producing players for the first team? 

Surely that what Waggott should be done. He is CEO not Gestede. Gestede focus should be on the pitch and footballing issues. 

Waggott comments are true that the owners court case isn't about Rovers and they can fund the club if they wanted but have to put the same amount into a Government bank like a guarantee. They have chosen to not do resulting in we can't spend a decent amount that we should be spending to get into a playoff place. The money we received in the last 6 months should have resulted in spending money on quality keeper, goalscorer striker and few squad players to improve the overall quality of our squad plus renew the contract for certain players like Hyam, Dolan, Etc. 

Given Gestedes comments this very week, about communication, surely not. He can’t spout what he has and then go completely dumb. 

We'll be having Rudy on our podcast, so if anyone wants to post questions they'd like asked we'll be happy to put them to him.

No gotcha questions. Nothing rude. We're going to try to get a clearer understanding of what his role is. What the infrastructure of the club now looks like. 

• Like 3

On 11/07/2024 at 08:52, tomphil said:

What can he say ?

The guy is an apprentice on a training course and all it seems he's going to do here is link all the multiple 'heads' of depts and report back to Waggot.

Their first point of contact for them to upstairs by looks of it so it's barely even a job and he'll only be able to talk when Waggot or the shadow MD give him a script.

Exactly this. Personally speaking I wouldn't care about what he's got to say, because at the end of the day he won't have a clue about the bigger picture or direction of the 'owners'.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He has absolutely been brought to front of house as a shield/distraction otherwise he'd carry on his learning experience quietly in the background.

Reminds a bit of a few years ago when they rolled out Chris Samba out of nowhere, here to work on the coaching staff, did his Q&A and a few interviews in the press.

Then basically just disappeared into the back ground just doing his badges never to be heard from again.

Lovely little distraction at a time the budget had been cut and Mowbray was starting to get stick for his dour management.

The rat Kean did it with Colin Hendry too. In his own fantasy world he must have imagined Hendry would have taken the heat off him like a  protective invisible shield. It worked the opposite way though because quite a few turned on Hendry for what was seen as a disloyal act particularly to Jack's memory.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We'll be having Rudy on our podcast, so if anyone wants to post questions they'd like asked we'll be happy to put them to him.

No gotcha questions. Nothing rude. We're going to try to get a clearer understanding of what his role is. What the infrastructure of the club now looks like. 

Which podcast and when?

What his role entails

Transfer budget this season - is it 0 despite massive incomes ? if so what are this season's aims?

Tyjon - clauses in contract akin to Phillips?

31 minutes ago, lraC said:

Given Gestedes comments this very week, about communication, surely not. He can’t spout what he has and then go completely dumb. 

I spoken to him pre Stanley game. Just said hello to him as I walked past me and he asked me and Dad how we was. 

What comments this week about communication? 

28 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What his role is?

How much involved us in transfers? Does he have the finally say on transfer in and out or Does Eustace have?

Is he in charge of bringing new scouting staff or is John Park?

How much communication does he have with Waggott and Pasha? Has he met Pasha? Who appointed him? 

We have to have someone in that role to oversee outgoings as well as incomings.

Our "ambition" is to sell players for a profit to fund the club, avoid relegation somehow and hoodwink the fans that there is a crumb of ambition leftso they still turn up to some degree.

Eustace will be on less than JDT. Gestede will be on less than Gregg. The whole new scouting/transfer team will be on less than the previous one. Cheston and Silvester's replacements will be on less than the previous incumbents. I reckon there's only two senior employees at Rovers who haven't been replaced for cheaper alternatives.  No prizes given for guessing who.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lraC said:

Pretty sure those comments were made about a month ago....  and radio silence ever since

Story from 14th June - https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24388667.gestede-makes-coummincation-vow-blackburn-rovers-fans/

Hopefully he makes me eat my words on the podcast and going forwards

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Pretty sure those comments were made about a month ago....  and radio silence ever since

Story from 14th June - https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24388667.gestede-makes-coummincation-vow-blackburn-rovers-fans/

I hope Gestede does make you eat your words, but I doubt he will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

Exactly, hence my post about him needing to communicate. Whether it is his role or not, there is no point in saying what he did and then not following it through.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Just ask him straight - are you training to be the new CEO of Blackburn Rovers and if so does he agree fans would be highly concerned about this.

If not then where does he see himself in two years time ?

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just ask him straight - are you training the new CEO of Blackburn Rovers and if so does he agree fans would be highly concerned about this.

If not then where does he see himself in two years time ?

I don't think we will be asking the second part of that question. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Rudy - you refused to play for us to force a move. 

How can we expect you to be professional in your role given you weren't as a professional footballer? 

Also Rudy, you said you'd improve communications with the fans which has been lacking before, you have been in role for 4-6 weeks now, we are still yet to see any Comms? How frequently can we expect to have Comms from the club? 

I should have maybe included the fact that we won't plan on having questions that come across as being directly antagonistic. Happy to ask questions that ask for accountability and clarity, but there's no way we will get an interview out, or have future guests, if we treat this as an inquisition. 

18 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Rudy - you refused to play for us to force a move. 

How can we expect you to be professional in your role given you weren't as a professional footballer? 

Also Rudy, you said you'd improve communications with the fans which has been lacking before, you have been in role for 4-6 weeks now, we are still yet to see any Comms? How frequently can we expect to have Comms from the club? 

The first question is relating to a past incident, there is nothing he can do about that. The second question is one that he can effect and is of more importance, in my opinion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eddie said:

Since it was a very strange appointment (to say the least), what does he think made him stand out compared to the other candidates?

Did he reach out to the club or the other way around? Can he describe how he experienced the recruitment process? 

Edited by Inferi

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

What is your personal target for the upcoming season.

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

If you need an intro song…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

I should have maybe included the fact that we won't plan on having questions that come across as being directly antagonistic. Happy to ask questions that ask for accountability and clarity, but there's no way we will get an interview out, or have future guests, if we treat this as an inquisition. 

What interview? 

were my questions ok? 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeah maybe I went too far. Think my points are valid though.

How can he go about and be a professional in a senior management capacity when he couldn't be a professional for the club when representing us on the pitch.