BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2 very good wins and scoring goals. 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So, so, so weak upfront. Just absolutely no depth.

It will be improve by the end of the transfer window. Gallagher, Leonard and one more signing plus Tyjon is what we need

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

That second team is woeful and yet probably wont be getting stronger any time soon.

So Duru, O'Riordan, Buckley, Garrett, Sigurdsson and Gent are woeful players then? 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It will be improve by the end of the transfer window. Gallagher, Leonard and one more signing plus Tyjon is what we need

So Duru, O'Riordan, Buckley, Garrett, Sigurdsson and Gent are woeful players then? 

your obviously fishing for a reaction but if you are genuinly not then your typing a load of shite and take off your maniacally optimistic glasses

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

In terms of Championship standard, that side would not be competitive.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Markanday three goals on preseason Gally and Szmodics zero....maybe Markanday can have an impact this season.

He wont. He and Telalovic always filled their boots last year in kickabouts v lower league sides. Absolute shite when it came to the Championship.

He has played in the second half of both games presumably against the second string of Stanley and Tranmere in early pre season. Nothing can be taken from it.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

In terms of Championship standard, that side would not be competitive.

I named 6 players who will part of our first team squad including international player for Iceland and a player with 137 championship games under him belt. So are these 6 players woeful has you posted on here? 

5 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I know it's only a fitness exercise but has to be some concern that our second string defence conceded 3 goals to a second string Tranmere side.

Not really.

Duru hasn't played a senior game of professional football yet.

O'Riordan has made 2 sub appearances at this level

Gent has had a half decent season at a lower level than the championship save for 2 or 3 games.

How can you say with absolute certainty these 3 will be good enough for a 46 game championship season?

Garrett hasn't held down a regular place in the side yet and the jury is still out.

Sigursson and Buckley I'll give you they should be good enough to be in our first 14 or so players next season despite having poor campaigns last season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Gent has had a half decent season at a lower level than the championship save for 2 or 3 games.

How can you say with absolute certainty these 3 will be good enough for a 46 game championship season?

Garrett hasn't held down a regular place in the side yet and the jury is still out.

Sigursson and Buckley I'll give you they should be good enough to be in our first 14 or so players next season despite having poor campaigns last season.

And yet you say with certainty that they aren't good enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Duru has impressed a couple of times now. He has pace and strength. O'Riordan was highly rated at Crewe and I was listening to Gary Bowyer on Radio Lancs who highly rated him. On Gent, He seems to have developed at Motherwell and I think he can be back up left back here. 

All 3 can be squad players and whilst we develope them to be even better

Garrett will be squad player cos he isn't better than the 4 in front of him currently but he has come on loads since his debut

Sigurdsson was our second top goalscorer last season

I named 6 players who will part of our first team squad including international player for Iceland and a player with 137 championship games under him belt. So are these 6 players woeful has you posted on here? 

The team as a whole is clearly absolutely nowhere near Championship standard and highlights how weak our squad is. The first 11 is Championship bottom half standard I would say, beyond that we are threadbare. Obviously we will sign players but based on budgetary issues the question is whether we will sign enough quantity or quantity and I suspect the answer to both will be no because we have no money.

Whether these players will or wont be part of the first team squad doesnt mean they should or are ready to do so. Being an Iceland international is hardly a sign of Champipnship quality, its a country with a tiny population and from what I saw last year, not a fan of Sigurdsson. Buckley has never kicked on since a purple patch under Mowbray and spent half of last season unable to get into Sheffield Wednesdays side and half unable to get into ours. Garrett, Markanday and Vale are all not up to standard. O'Riordan was not deemed ready last season, might have potential, is he ready? Gamble, Duru and Hilton dont have senior experience. Gent has a bit in Scotland but again a big step up.

You know we need plenty of reinforcements so by proxy must know that our second 11 isnt up to it. Some of our first 11 should be subs and we need strengthening to offset continious underfunding.

Edited by roversfan99

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The team as a whole is clearly absolutely nowhere near Championship standard and highlights how weak our squad is. The first 11 is Championship bottom half standard I would say, beyond that we are threadbare. Obviously we will sign players but based on budgetary issues the question is whether we will sign enough quantity or quantity and I suspect the answer to both will be no because we have no money.

Whether these players will or wont be part of the first team squad doesnt mean they should or are ready to do so. Being an Iceland international is hardly a sign of Champipnship quality, its a country with a tiny population and from what I saw last year, not a fan of Sigurdsson. Buckley has never kicked on since a purple patch under Mowbray and spent half of last season unable to get into Sheffield Wednesdays side and half unable to get into ours. Garrett, Markanday and Vale are all not up to standard. O'Riordan was not deemed ready last season, might have potential, is he ready? Gamble, Duru and Hilton dont have senior experience. Gent has a bit in Scotland but again a big step up.

You know we need plenty of reinforcements so by proxy must know that our second 11 isnt up to it. Some of our first 11 should be subs and we need strengthening to offset continious underfunding.

Yes we some signings but we also need to bring through our good young players like Tyjon, Gent, O'Riordan and Duru into the first team squad. 

I have said how many signings we need which is around 6 before replacing anyone who leaves. We need GK, 2 x CB, Right winger with pace or centre midfield, striker or maybe 2. 

Disagree with yourself on Garrett. Markanday I would sell as I said. 

Buckley is 24 years old and now is time for him to step up and perform or leave. 

Duru is ready for the first team for me. 

of our 11 that started today apart from Gallagher and pears that would be my first choice 11.