BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

6 hours ago, PotterLog said:

Did Baker do anything of note when he came on today?

Didn't stand out as particularly good or bad to be honest, wasn't on the pitch for long, and we were down to 10 at that point, so not the best time for anyone to try and showcase themselves.  If I had to make an early call on him, he doesn't look to be anything more than a squad filler which is fine, as Travis and Tronstad have been a decent pairing so far this term.  Had a shot late on where he might have done better, unless my mind is playing tricks on me

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Theres only one set of Dingles, we played them today! 

Pne are non entities 

Many of them wanted Burnley to win yesterday. No idea why.

And last year were saying they prefer Burnley in the PL to us.

Hence a bunch of Dingle-lites.

They are a bonkers bunch.

And ps, in the early 90s I remember times in the Nutall St stand enclosure and PNE fans would be in there with their PNE hats and scarves cheering on the Rovers. As I said, bonkers.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

It’s not a worn out cliche that every game in this league is tricky. It’s just a fact. It was actually part of our undoing last season - that our points haul at home against those teams in and around us was simply not up to scratch.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JeffRover said:

It’s not a worn out cliche that every game in this league is tricky. It’s just a fact. It was actually part of our undoing last season - that our points haul at home against those teams in and around us was simply not up to scratch.

We only beat two bottom half teams at home last year. Even assuming Derby and Oxford end up in that category, it's nice that we're actually putting those teams to the sword. It's what good seasons are built on. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's such a wonderful man manager.

I think this will be his last job in football management as he's simply not got it - gone by the turn of 2025!?

20 hours ago, ABBEY said:

just reading rooney blaming players for lack of agression ..did they not finish with 9 men recently 

If he's publicly outing his own players, then a pattern is emerging. Is he really expecting them to be at the level of him and his former top class teammates? He will lose the dressing room very quickly if he carries on that way.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2024 at 19:58, sharpysharps86 said:

Have to commend Sunderland for a fantastic start.

Of the teams that are expected to be up there I suspect that Leeds will build up some steam over time, but the jury is out on the three sides relegated from the prem. Luton in particular look to have recruited poorly. I like Sheff Uniteds signings but is Wilder still the right man for them? Not sure. Burnley's squad is likely to take time to gel. It gives the likes of Sunderland, West Brom, Boro and others some hope of challenging.

Hopefully Rovers are closer to the top 6 than the bottom 6 as well.

I noticed that Sunderland signed three overseas players on deadline day, from France, Belgium and Serbia. With Rovers signing Gueye, Ohashi and Toth, it does seem as if the Championship clubs have stepped up in signing foreign nationals for their first teams. I don't have the stats, so not sure if there has been a significant change in recent times but if it is the case, perhaps, reflects a dearth in quality coming through within the country? 

It seems to go in cycles at times. Finances and Premier league stockpiling might be factors too.

• Like 1

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I think this will be his last job in football management as he's simply not got it - gone by the turn of 2025!?

No chance on the former, he’ll land a prestigious role managing a club in Saudi Arabia or wherever will throw money at him!

Useless 

Edited by Tom

On 02/09/2024 at 11:50, goozburger said:

If he's publicly outing his own players, then a pattern is emerging. Is he really expecting them to be at the level of him and his former top class teammates? He will lose the dressing room very quickly if he carries on that way.

Reminds me of Glen Hoddle in this respect. The difference being that Hoddle, unlike Rooney was actually a magnificent coach but his man management was poor and he gave his players plenty of sharp reminders that he was technically a superior player to them (which he generally was to be fair)

39 minutes ago, philipl said:

Championship at four games in is more interesting than most expected.

Of course it helps having Rovers at the more interesting end of the table.

It's always like this for a while anyway. And there will be at least one team near the top at Christmas who collapses and one near the bottom who surges in the second half of the season. We've just got to focus on ourselves one game at a time and hope this new-found resilience keeps up.

On 01/09/2024 at 17:11, Exiled_Rover said:

He's such a wonderful man manager.

Who's biography had a chapter titled "what chairmen know about football" and left it blank? 

Plymouth fans are in for another rough season. How the Plymouth top brass, with plenty or resources at their disposal, came to the conclusion that Wayne Rooney would be good enough to be a Championship manager is laughable. 

He was a wonderful footballer but his managerial career thus far has been one failure after another. I guess he is still living off his reputation for crisis management when he was at Derby.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Childish I know, but you've gotta admire the Leeds media team for the Twitter headline regarding Gnonto extending his contract! 🤣

image.png.ef9e09ecd87b9b7af6515900d4d563af.png

I love things like this. The world takes itself too seriously at times.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Who's biography had a chapter titled "what chairmen know about football" and left it blank? 

Plymouth fans are in for another rough season. How the Plymouth top brass, with plenty or resources at their disposal, came to the conclusion that Wayne Rooney would be good enough to be a Championship manager is laughable. 

He was a wonderful footballer but his managerial career thus far has been one failure after another. I guess he is still living off his reputation for crisis management when he was at Derby.

Len Shackleton.

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Sammy who?

Cool stat. I’m surprised there are only 8 in the entire EFL to be honest.

Shame we haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of those. Wonder if all those teams have conceded too…?

Edited by norwichblue