BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

5 hours ago, DE. said:

I'm sure Plymouth fans aren't feeling too much sympathy for old Schuey. Could see him back there if Rooney doesn't work out, mind. 

It was a chance to move to a bigger club and one given the budget there should be top 6. I feel this is a strange sacking given we just had 2 weeks international break where it would have been better to change then. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Strange move, Norwich are hardly flying at the moment.

He is highly regarded coach and from what I read this morning from local Stoke media that their director of football Jon Walters made it know to Steven Schumacher he was just the head coach and only had a say in recruitment but no decide vote and his job was to convince potential signings to sign there. Its seems that this situation was only going to end one way. 

Its seems from what I have read that Walters has decided to get rid of Schumacher and instead his own head coach and this guy would fit the coach bit. 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It was a chance to move to a bigger club and one given the budget there should be top 6. I feel this is a strange sacking given we just had 2 weeks international break where it would have been better to change then. 

Plymouth fans won't care about that, and nor should they. Their love is for their club, not Schumacher's reputation or bank balance. 

As a neutral you can understand him taking a chance, but Stoke seems like a poisoned chalice these days. Something very wrong at that club. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DE. said:

Plymouth fans won't care about that, and nor should they. Their love is for their club, not Schumacher's reputation or bank balance. 

As a neutral you can understand him taking a chance, but Stoke seems like a poisoned chalice these days. Something very wrong at that club. 

their recruitment team,they`ve spent a fortune over two seasons and have got worse😁,like to thank them for taking gallagher,fantastic move for us!!!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wonder if Stoke will try and have a conversation with Eustace.

The last two managers who walked out to join Stoke - Alex Neil and Schumacher - both got sacked after less than a year there. Gary Rowett was similarly treated. It's a managerial graveyard. 

7 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I wonder if Stoke will try and have a conversation with Eustace.

They can try and they can feck off. He obviously doesn't want to go there as he sold them Sam Gallagher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

that's fair enough

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I totally agree there it is poisoned chalice at Stoke and the ownership seem very trigger happy there which surprises me when they stick with Pulis and Hughes for so long

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

that's fair enough

I totally agree there it is poisoned chalice at Stoke and the ownership seem very trigger happy there which surprises me when they stick with Pulis and Hughes for so long

Wasn't that because for most of their tenure, Pullis and Hughes were doing well? 

Both had Stoke flying high in the Premier League for most of their time in charge.  Pullis had them punching above their weight for years, and Hughes finished in the top half of the Prem in each of his first 3 years, 13th in his 4th, and was sacked in his 5th.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stoke-city/platzierungen/verein/512

It was only Michael O'Neil who lasted more than a year of not doing great

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He is highly regarded coach and from what I read this morning from local Stoke media that their director of football Jon Walters made it know to Steven Schumacher he was just the head coach and only had a say in recruitment but no decide vote and his job was to convince potential signings to sign there. Its seems that this situation was only going to end one way. 

A basket case of a club if you have the likes of Jonathon Walters making decisions 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

A basket case of a club if you have the likes of Jonathon Walters making decisions 

With all fairness I wasn't in favour at all of Gestede being our head of football operations. He has made positive encouraging start to his team here

Massive call by Walters, let's see if it's the right decision by him

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

With all fairness I wasn't in favour at all of Gestede being our head of football operations. He has made positive encouraging start to his team here

Massive call by Walters, let's see if it's the right decision by him

How much Gestede has had to do with the start I don’t know. However I’m prepared to give him the credit for the upsurge in the sensible approach to signings and the feel good factor around the club at the moment. I was in the same camp, he wasn’t an appointment I could get enthusiastic about. We weren’t on our own in that respect, as I recall it only Parson was really in Gestede’s camp, fair play to him. He was right and we were wrong.

On the other hand I was in the Eustace camp from quite early on. I had a gut feeling that he was the sort of level headed manager/coach we needed to calm down all the madness that was going on at the time.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

9 hours ago, philipl said:

To the extent the early season table is a predictive guide, all the top 9 have winnable looking games this weekend.

If that happened we would be starting the Preston game in 8th, even conceivably in 9th. It would be pretty remarkable if that happened though.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How much Gestede has had to do with the start I don’t know. However I’m prepared to give him the credit for the upsurge in the sensible approach to signings and the feel good factor around the club at the moment. I was in the same camp, he wasn’t an appointment I could get enthusiastic about. We weren’t on our own in that respect, as I recall it only Parson was really in Gestede’s camp, fair play to him. He was right and we were wrong.

Yes we were wrong. @Parsonbluewas right. 

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On the other hand I was in the Eustace camp from quite early on. I had a gut feeling that he was the sort of level headed manager/coach we needed to calm down all the madness that was going on at the time.

I knew Eustace was a good coach before he joined us. He got the job last season and this season he has made us more attacking and made subs that actually have an impact 

After being told that our kick off times are cast in stone until early January news of a change to the Leeds game at Ewood on November 30th has been announced. It will now kick off at 1.30 on 'Police advice'. I can't understand how this comes out now when the fixtures have been known for a couple of months. And I'm not sure how much difference it really makes apart from the inconvenience to supporters. Looking at the fixtures that day the Dingles are at Stoke. Perhaps the police are worried about the inbreds and Leeds fans travelling on the trains together.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/19/leeds-clash-brought-forward/