BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Not sure it’s lucky to win a game when you have the most shots and the most shots on target in a game. To be fair I wasn’t there yesterday as my daughter was getting married so perhaps you are right and we are just getting lucky - in which case it will run out soon I guess. We certainly aren’t the finished article based on what I’ve seen/discussed with other fans and look to have a way to go if we want to be serious promotion contenders but we do have some quality on the bench

19 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

last week because of incompetent officials and an incredible miss by the leeds player

Incompetence by the officials? How so? As for the miss, they missed, we didn’t and that in simple terms is how games are won really.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure it’s lucky to win a game when you have the most shots and the most shots on target in a game. To be fair I wasn’t there yesterday as my daughter was getting married so perhaps you are right and we are just getting lucky - in which case it will run out soon I guess. We certainly aren’t the finished article based on what I’ve seen/discussed with other fans and look to have a way to go if we want to be serious promotion contenders but we do have some quality on the bench

Incompetence by the officials? How so? As for the miss, they missed, we didn’t and that in simple terms is how games are won really.

I watched it.

I've only seen 2 of your matches and that's 4 points gained and I'm being kind if I say you're worth 1.

• Backroom

He did well with them last year, but an awful start to this season. Figured the end was near for Bulut after he came out and criticised the fans. That rarely ends well for the manager. 

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

He did well with them last year, but an awful start to this season. Figured the end was near for Bulut after he came out and criticised the fans. That rarely ends well for the manager. 

No surprised he has been sacked now given their start plus the owner does sacked managers. 

Disgrace from Cardiff bench yesterday, no respect for Sol Bamba passing away 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Think Edwards need to change formation to get them going. 

I do wonder if a back 3 has been "figured out" for the time being, with many managers opting for doing something similar to what Eustace has done with his full backs (one tucking inside and the other overlapping), there are only Luton (who have been terrible all season) and Watford (who started well but have lost the last few) who now play with a strict back 3 in the Championship.

A similar thing happened when 4-4-2 was phased out fifteen (ish) years ago, with the curious thing being that the new in vogue thing for managers to do is something close to a 4-4-2 when defending, and 3 at the back (almost the old WM) when attacking

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

Gallagher scores a cracker for Stoke.......a steel at £1.5m.

Absolutely bostin full debut for the big man. Scored with a smart near-post finish (wrongly given offside), played a beautiful weighted ball to assist our 2nd then scored for real with an unstoppable thunderbastard from 25 yards. Generally made good runs, good passes, was a right nuisance and a brilliant foil for four-goal super striker Tom Cannon. 

On that performance he is exactly what we need.

Moran played well and scored too.

Over the course of a season pending an unlikely and unexpected improvement, he wont score an impressive amount of goals.

He had a particularly bad season last season which was heavily impacted by repeated injuries which have also affected his Stoke career. I think had he left on the back of any other season, the comments towards him wouldnt have been nearly as strong. Tended to score 8 or 9 so was never prolific but did chip in a bit, had other useful attributes but also frustrating parts of his game, he levels out at a bottom half Championship standard striker if he stays fit.

The question for us is how much if at all the new guys are an upgrade. Theyve been available so far barring a stupid suspension for Gueye, so thats already a big plus. Gueye hasnt shown any signs of scoring us a goal yet, Ohashi has scored 4 brilliant goals but doesnt offer anything else.

• Like 1