BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

11 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Moyes was in the Dir’s box last night at Dumpdale. Odds on fave to get the job.

I can't see Moyes taking that job. He is PL manager. 

Crawley manager Scott Lindsey is the odds on favourite for the PNE job with sky bet

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't see Moyes taking that job. He is PL manager. 

Crawley manager Scott Lindsey is the odds on favourite for the PNE job with sky bet

I'd be surprised if Nob End could afford him either.

• Like 1

Watched a bit of Boro at Derby. Boro very slick and shooting from anywhere but nothing like as quick as we were in attack. Horrific back pass set up Jackson to run half the pitch and round Dieng for the Derby goal. Derby growing into it despite two bad injuries at the back- Nyambe on and giving silly fouls away.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, philipl said:

Watched a bit of Boro at Derby. Boro very slick and shooting from anywhere but nothing like as quick as we were in attack. Horrific back pass set up Jackson to run half the pitch and round Dieng for the Derby goal. Derby growing into it despite two bad injuries at the back- Nyambe on and giving silly fouls away.

zero cutting edge from middlesborough

43 minutes ago, Ricky said:

So the ‘awful’ Derby side we beat get a win against a decent Boro team. Leeds struggle again and Luton held against a promoted team. Welcome to the championship 

I think that 3rd promotion spot is wide open this year. Can see Sheffield United (cheats) and Burnley running away with the automatic spots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think that 3rd promotion spot is wide open this year. Can see Sheffield United (cheats) and Burnley running away with the automatic spots. 

Leeds should get their act together looking at the squad. But you never know. 

This is the season PNE return to League 1 anyway. We might then get the lad Whiteman for Merce 😄

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interim manager Mike Marsh leaves PNE now.  Looks like they are closing in on a new manager. Brian Barry-Murphy is the favourite on Sky Bet

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2024/august/17/club-update-mike-marsh/

Don’t we just love Ridsdale’s comments. How anyone can give credence to his words is beyond me. The Yorkshire Waggot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Interim manager Mike Marsh leaves PNE now.  Looks like they are closing in on a new manager. Brian Barry-Murphy is the favourite on Sky Bet

https://www.pnefc.net/news/2024/august/17/club-update-mike-marsh/

Wonder what his style of play is. Saw he was at Man City previously so I'm assuming its Pep style football. Is that what PNE need right now? Genuine question, I don't know anything about there players 😂.

Edited by sharpysharps86

7 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Wonder what his style of play is. Saw he was at Man City previously so I'm assuming its Pep style football. Is that what PNE need right now? Genuine question, I don't know anything about there players 😂.

Looking at their squad they have 1 winger and the rest of the squad is set up for 3 at the back formation whether 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looking at their squad they have 1 winger and the rest of the squad is set up for 3 at the back formation whether 3-5-2 or 3-4-2-1 formation 

Potts was a winger before he was converted to a wing back, and they signed a Danish winger the day after Lowe was sacked off.  Not much in the way of back up, Its the lack of full backs that may dictate how they will have to play in the short term

11 hours ago, KentExile said:

Potts was a winger before he was converted to a wing back, and they signed a Danish winger the day after Lowe was sacked off.  Not much in the way of back up, Its the lack of full backs that may dictate how they will have to play in the short term

I remember Potts as centre midfielder from his Blackpool days I think. 

Lowe has always been 3 at the back managers and I think you are right when it is lack of full backs and wingers that decide you have to play 3 at the back there. For me, you need a manager appointment that is happy playing with 3 at the back. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think their fans from what I have read dont like the fact that they play 3 at the back.

That what I get told at work of PNE supporters who I work with and what I heard on Radio Lancs. The squad is set up for 3 at the back, Any new manager might want new signings like full backs and wingers if you want to play 4-2-3-1 formation