BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Eustace gets his first home win in the league as Rovers' manager and delighted for him, players and the fans.

Pluses:

• Started on the front foot with good intensity
  • Gueye looks a real handful and much more useful and much more of a threat than Gallagher
  • Ohashi took his goal superbly - showed great calmness and intelligence
  • Szmodics showed what he was all about - terrific movement in the box to create the space and opportunity.  Sadly, it looked as though he was saying goodbye to the fans at the end
  • Thought Travis had his best game in the Rovers' shirt for some time - his driving run for our first goal reminiscent of when he first broke into the team

Negatives:

• Pears - so unconvincing.  Will cost us many goals and points unless replaced.  Chris Sutton was brutally frank in the pre match stuff
  • Defensively - conceded from two set pieces, better teams than Derby will punish us even more.  We can't afford to be conceding 2+ goals per game again

Enjoyed the match, enjoyed my winnings on Rovers' win and time to uncork a nice red in celebration after the curry and beers.

Would like to add a positive, almost 18k attendants. I think if we continue to perform would love to see Ewood back as our fortress driving the boys on with a great atmosphere. Regardless of the ownership issues

• Like 3

So impressed with the new signings. Been a long time since new lads through the door have looked so up to it on day one. Probably would have go go back to that Wolves game in 2002ish?

First 30 mins and last 30 mins we dominated but lost our way in the middle of the game. Thought it would have helped for JRC to drop deeper and get in a three with Travis and Tronstad to win the ball back. Feels like better sides could steam roller us in the middle of the park.

Some great slick passages of play. Nice one touch, layoffs. Scored some cracking goals. But when we came under modest pressure we  looked quite brittle.

Seems like it will be a fun season...

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 3

Ohashi, dare I say cult figure in the making? The way he took the goal (sure he started celebrating before the ball hit the net, but I am abroad and the feed kept cutting out)  and general play was good to see, plus he seems like he actually wants the team to succeed. Fucking get that motivation from the ground up 🤟

• Like 3

Most clinical I have seen us in a while. Bad to concede from two set pieces but that can be worked on. Big Mac done a brilliant job on defensive duties until he went off and pears stuck to his line like glue didn't help 

Edited by Rover8T4

Lots of positives, all three debutants excellent.

Subs obviously made a difference after being under the cosh a bit in the 2nd half.

Sammies goal looked simple, just watch his movement before Brittains cross. Absolute class 

• Like 2

Strange game.

Very composed first half, never showed up second half until Derby equalised and deservedly got pegged back. Then electrifying for a period before conceding another sloppy goal at the end.

The two new lads up front were a breath of fresh air. When Ohashi scored the 4th I haven't had a beam on my face like that for a VERY long time. What a relief to finally not have to watch the fraud Gallagher plodding about stealing a living and for relatively modest fees what good captures they both look in comparison to some of the shite we've brought in ever since Mowbray came to the Club really, but more particularly during Broughton's time.

Plenty of room for improvement but four goals and a win was way better than I dared hope.

Well done Rovers and John Eustace. (And the recruitment team)

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, neophox said:

Dolan was sky's man of the match 

They were wrong then. It was clearly Travis, as it was at the ground. Some logistics firm sponsoring it. Presumably he will a free spreadsheet.

• Like 3