BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

Feel we need a 2nd, we can't let Derby back into it like we did for the last 15. Defended well though so far, lack of pace a concern though for the backline.

Standout player for me is sonny, no one sees it because its not a role people think is fancy but my god does he do it well, cuts passes, protects the back line and keeps things ticking over such a good find honestly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Hes getting on so probably not quick but wonder if Weiman will come on for his delivery? Is he a bit of a crosser? 

He’s right footed iirc, he’d be cutting back more on to his right. 

Hedges and Pickering have had quite a few chances to get the ball in for Mak to attack but have fucked it up every time.

1 minute ago, Rover8T4 said:

Hedges not brilliant on the eye but he works with Pickering really well. We conceded loads down the flanks last season and I feel Hedges offers something defensively 

Every time he gets the ball he loses it/ gives it away/the move breaks down.

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Kids and Mrs could watch the hotel entertainment and I can watch the game and drink all inclusive piss 👍

Otherwise known as living the dream. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Hedges not brilliant on the eye but he works with Pickering really well. We conceded loads down the flanks last season and I feel Hedges offers something defensively 

He’s a good player is Hedges, he’s just not an effective winger.

we desperately need some pace out wide. Hedges has had so much ball in acres of space and done nowt with it really. 

27 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah but sometimes its obvious someone will make a big impact on the division. Hes in that category for me. Hes won every duel, held it up nicely, shown pace and dominance, found a player with every pass.

Could be wrong, but looks a real good un.

I agree he’s had a great half, looks promising but I’ve listened to a few pre season analysis and Derby are favourites to go down in most eyes so as much as I want to jump up and down because we’ve found an absolute gem I’m going to be a little bit more reserve than you 😂😂

• Like 1

• Backroom

Not sure what's happened after the 30 minute mark, but an equaliser is looking inevitable at this point. We really need to sort ourselves out. This entire spell of pressure came from a ridiculously poor pass from Carter under no real pressure. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 minute ago, JonnyP said:

...but I’ve listened to a few pre season analysis and Derby are favourites to go down in most eyes..

Always different opinions,  but Derby are 9th favourite for drop with bookies.

We're in top 3 odds on.