BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

JRC was poor

Great effort by all debutants. Derby must have had 20 corners but to concede two is disappointing nonetheless. Great spirit to score just after they got a deserved equaliser. Travis had a good game as well, both ways. Very good game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pick32 said:

Going to miss Sammie a lot, new signings looks good, Pears going to cost us 15+ points this season awful keeper

Can't see Bath and McFazean be more than squad players ...

1 minute ago, neophox said:

JRC did not look match fit today...anyone agree?

He also jumps into tackles and finds it hard to track his man after missing. Needs to stop doing that. However, he was strongly involved in our first goal so it's nice to see he puts a bit of energy into the mix.

1 minute ago, booth said:

Brilliant goals, brilliant result but tells half a story.

We really need a goalie, a quick winger and... That defence terrifies me. Derby were crap but I felt like they were going to score every time they went forward. We won't score 4 every game.

I thought we defended well from open play, just not for the two set pieces. 

Problem was we sat so deep until he made the subs. 

It didn’t help that Mak, Hedges and JRC all looked knackerecd after 30 mins so we had no ‘out’ ball. 

• Like 1

Personally I’m happy with the 3 points. Definitely need to work on our defence of set pieces. I think it’s foolish to think we are going to dominate games for 90 minutes and most games in this devision are a battle but when we did get our chances we took most of them and if we continue to do that we will have a decent season. 

delighted to get off the mark with a win and I think everyone can agree that it’s exciting to have a few new signings that look to have good prospects about them. I nice surprise.

• Like 1

Thought JRC didn’t look on it but maybe he’s better bombing on from fullback. Pears did well for the goal line clearance but doesn’t fill me with confidence. Thought Hyam looked shaky. Couple of runs out where he lost the ball and put us in trouble but then also made some good clearances.

New signings all impressed. Big Mak looked a handful and will be useful for us and Ohashi took his goal brilliantly. Weimann was in the right place to take advantage of a great bit of play from Carter.

Always happy with an opening day win. Derby we’re poor and the worry is that they still scored two past us

Just now, neophox said:

Can't see Bath and McFazean be more than squad players ...

If we play two center halves then tonight we saw our first choice pairing. With three either can play so they'll definitely play their part. Four goals from four different players, and two of our debutants scoring with Gueye coming close early doors. 

• Like 2

Yeh JRC very off it. Hedges was outpaced, though I think a handy squad player. 

Need a left winger with pace.. glad the club have recognised that. Ohashi looks like he's the number 11 we've been missing for years (even if not amazing, we just haven't had one since Brereton?) Guaye an improvement on Gallagher, some great flicks/one touch build up play, but his finishing is to be seen.. also whether we can turn his heading abilities into goals. Weimann did what he does best, good to see. Travis made a few penetrating runs which were very effective. He is a good champ player on his day. 

I didn't think Pears made any obvious clangers? maybe I missed it. Still would like an improvement. 

3 or 4 half decent signings (fullback cover (Left mostly), CM & winger) and I think we'll be okay.. if Sammie ends up staying as Ipswich/nobody will pay fair money then definitely okay..

• Like 1

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I thought we defended well from open play, just not for the two set pieces. 

Problem was we sat so deep until he made the subs. 

It didn’t help that Mak, Hedges and JRC all looked knackerecd after 30 mins so we had no ‘out’ ball. 

I've seen enough of the defence to say I'm unconvinced. Maybe a more commanding goalie will change that.