BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

37 minutes ago, Southside Rover said:

Not a fan of Pears like many but I don't think he can be blamed for the 2 Derby goals and don't recall him doing anything else tonight to draw criticism although I'm sure the time will come.

Thought it was quite telling that losing Big Mak and his presence at corners left Hyam and Carter exposed. The players that came on didn't have that presence so we left ourselves open at the following set pieces and shipped 2 goals as a result.

Can't argue with the impact the subs had at the other end but we do need someone else with stature and presence, e.g. a pacey 6ft 5 left back 😉

I was concerned when we took off Gueye, Rankin-Costello and Hedges and brought 3 dwarves on, especially given Derby’s reputation for set pieces and the fact they were winning plenty of corners. Then straightaway Derby equalised from a corner.

But then the 3 dwarves all scored inside 12 minutes so what do I know.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I was concerned when we took off Gueye, Rankin-Costello and Hedges and brought 3 dwarves on, especially given Derby’s reputation for set pieces and the fact they were winning plenty of corners. Then straightaway Derby equalised from a corner.

😂😂

Tonight showed what a difference having a good bench makes. We were on the ropes and looking like we were going to lose. Last season we would have brought on Markanday, Telalovic, and Leonard - we'd have then lost the match. The last 20 mins of games killed us last season and that was due to the subs.

This season we bring on 3 quality players who transformed the game for us and we go onto score 3 goals.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I agree, but in general think apart from the neat post save his goalkeeping was poor. Some bad distribution, under pressure mind. Just at least try and put two hands up, more chance of stopping the ball, rather than waving at it

17 minutes ago, M_B said:

That's because you hadn't already made your mind up before we kicked off. 

Never commands his area. Came flying out for a challenge and completely whiffed - fortunately we had a defender covering. Nearly got caught in possession several times.

He's a bad, bad GK.

• Like 4

Just now, Rover8T4 said:

One Fans comment on derby telegraph, Blackburn were poor, we were worse 😂

🤣🤣 🤣 we had faulta we could all pick at, for an early season game but fuck me, that's taking the piss. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Never commands his area. Came flying out for a challenge and completely whiffed - fortunately we had a defender covering. Nearly got caught in possession several times.

He's a bad, bad GK.

Agreed. One good save where a more competent keeper who commands the area would of demanded a man on the front post. Sticks to his line when you need him to come out and command, and rushes out when not needed and makes mistakes. Decision making is terrible for a keeper

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a bad, bad GK.

I'm convinced we will continue to struggle with set pieces until we get a keeper that commands his area

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Rover8T4 said:

Agreed. One good save where a more competent keeper who commands the area would of demanded a man on the front post. Sticks to his line when you need him to come out and command, and rushes out when not needed and makes mistakes. Decision making is terrible for a keeper

Exactly, he isn't vocal, confident or commander enough and he does twn to end up in limbo, the back peddling whe ge realises he has fucked up, wouldn't like the be the kit man who sorts out his frequently shit in shorts. We need someone more assertive and confident. 

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a bad, bad GK.

We've been here before and it didn't end well did it? 

Sounds like you took a notepad with you tonight, your problem is that you scrutinise Pears to such detail, that any keeper who comes in doesn't stand a chance living up to those standards. 

We will get another keeper, I'm sure we can better Pears if Gestede does his homework. Hopefully it isn't a  careful what you wish for moment , like Wahlstedt. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rover80 said:

Exactly, he isn't vocal, confident or commander enough and he does twn to end up in limbo, the back peddling whe ge realises he has fucked up, wouldn't like the be the kit man who sorts out his frequently shit in shorts. We need someone more assertive and confident. 

Fuck me, just read that, had a few  rums tonight, believe it or not, have an Englisg degree, as poor as Pears keeping 👌

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a bad, bad GK.

He's not ideal for a Number 1 going forward but he didn't do that much wrong last night.

Not at fault for either goal. The only thing he got majorly wrong was charging out of his goal and not getting there. As it happened he got away with it on that occasion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

He wasn’t great under JDT but it was good to have the old Trav back. Lots of unheralded shithousery going on tonight. It’s the little kicks and shoves! 

Played a bit like he did when he first got into the team - marauding runs forward instead of just playing backwards and sideways as he ended up doing under Mowbray.

Travis always starts the season really well. Or at least, the previous two seasons. Hopefully he keeps it going this time, he's an asset all over the pitch when he's firing on all cylinders. Shown he can even be a goal threat when he's in the mood.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

He's not ideal for a Number 1 going forward but he didn't do that much wrong last night.

Not at fault for either goal. The only thing he got majorly wrong was charging out of his goal and not getting there. As it happened he got away with it on that occasion.

I think he was poor, just a bit off the usual reactive behaviour off a goalkeeper, plus he is weak as piss, why does he think he can stop things one handed, he doesn't have the reaction time or hand speed to cope. I genuinely think he is poor, think it will cost us games against better opposition. Thinking private Pyle from Full Meyal Jacket.

1 hour ago, Southside Rover said:

Not a fan of Pears like many but I don't think he can be blamed for the 2 Derby goals and don't recall him doing anything else tonight to draw criticism although I'm sure the time will come.

Thought it was quite telling that losing Big Mak and his presence at corners left Hyam and Carter exposed. The players that came on didn't have that presence so we left ourselves open at the following set pieces and shipped 2 goals as a result.

Can't argue with the impact the subs had at the other end but we do need someone else with stature and presence, e.g. a pacey 6ft 5 left back 😉

This is the problem with Pears and why not everyone realises he isn't good enough. He isn't always doing high profile glaring errors. He makes lots of small errors. Ones that are acceptable in say a League Two keeper but over the course of a season if you look carefully at everything he concedes there are too many where you're like 'a good keeper might have stopped that'. Take tonight's goals. Even the best do sometimes ship goals like that, so you can't just say 'yeh crap keeping'. They're a little tricky but they're right down his throat, and for my money someone like Kaminski is usually gonna save at least one, possibly both of those.

The first one, like I say it's tricky because although it's right down his throat it has decent power and is perfectly placed under the bar. But, if he sends both hands up for that instead of one he probably keeps it out. I can't say a good keeper saves that every time, but I can say there's too many of those going in over time than there are with a good keeper at this level.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Rover80 said:

I agree, but in general think apart from the neat post save his goalkeeping was poor. Some bad distribution, under pressure mind. Just at least try and put two hands up, more chance of stopping the ball, rather than waving at it

I think the near post save from a corner should never be that difficult. Wasn’t flicked on, no one was there should have been delt with without flapping around. Maybe just me but thought it was a good save that shouldn’t have been had to be made 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rover80 said:

I think he was poor, just a bit off the usual reactive behaviour off a goalkeeper, plus he is weak as piss, why does he think he can stop things one handed, he doesn't have the reaction time or hand speed to cope. I genuinely think he is poor, think it will cost us games against better opposition. Thinking private Pyle from Full Meyal Jacket.

Agreed with all of this, just posted similar...except that last bit, why is he like Private Pyle?!? Made me laugh though!

9 minutes ago, Rover80 said:

Fuck me, just read that, had a few  rums tonight, believe it or not, have an Englisg degree, as poor as Pears keeping 👌

Well it's tricky speaking 'Englisg'. I certainly don't know how to 😉

Whoever it was out of Park, Rudy or Adam Owen that picked Gueye and Ohashi must be sat back, smug as you like…I said after watching them both for 45 minutes vs Stockport that they were better than Gallagher and tonight confirmed it.

I genuinely can’t wait to see them play together and that finish from Ohashi was pure filth…

Keeper, cover Left back, cm and 2x lightening fast wingers and we’re off! 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Agreed with all of this, just posted similar...except that last bit, why is he like Private Pyle?!? Made me laugh though!

Because I can imagine the team smashing tha shit out of him with soap in a sock for the goals conceded 🤣🤣. I think they worked hard tonight and actually looked up for it, some decent stuff played and the goals were good, just a little bit of a  let down.  However, they seemed to have a better mentality than in previous seasons. 

• Like 2