BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

"Thought the game showed the gulf between the divisions.  Blackburn were way better than anyone in last year's League 1.  I suspect they won't be in the relegation fight if they can play like that consistently.  We need to step up rapidly, but I don't think that game was a season write-off."

"I suspect they're not as bad as many pundits had them down as but we did contrive to make them look "good". We had them on the ropes for a lengthy period - better Championship teams might well have punished them. Also, I doubt many Championship teams will leave themselves as wide open as we did for their second half goals."

Interesting perspectives from Derby.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Their report is wrong? Well then take a look at their table.. Apparently Sheff Utd got 1 point for winning.

Looks like AI did that but it just sums up BBC reporting on everything.

Total crap.

5 hours ago, damo100 said:

Just shy of 18k with 3795 from Derby. 

Over 14k home fans on a Friday night live on Sky is impressive under current circumstances 

Pretty surprising to see our gate was higher than North End last night. Assuming Sheffield United filled ether end it would mean Rover shad more home fans on than PNE despite their cheap pricing.

Also Ryan Lowe is building up a fine record - it's now 6 losses in a row with no goals scored.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The goal should have been stopped at source as we got done in a 2 v 1 from their corner. I was shouting that we needed an extra player to match them up but only one player came out. It was too easy for the two Derby players to work a better angle to put the ball in from their short corner.

This was my take on it also. It was all so easy for the cross to be made.

We've been poor at stopping crosses for quite a while; Brittain is particularly susceptible to this.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Pretty surprising to see our gate was higher than North End last night. Assuming Sheffield United filled ether end it would mean Rover shad more home fans on than PNE despite their cheap pricing.

Also Ryan Lowe is building up a fine record - it's now 6 losses in a row with no goals scored.

Very good crowd at Ewood last night all things considered.

Sheff U didn't fill the full end, similar number to Derby i'd say.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

Hyam and Carter had poor moments but I think a lot is down to Pears not being a commanding keeper.

I agree completely re Pears but we still need to get more out of Hyam in particular. He’s so weak in this area. See the first goal below. He has good positioning to attack the ball away, gets a jump and looks favourite for the ball then turns his head for some reason. Not physically strong enough maybe. 

edit: on the next replay it looks like he misjudged the flight as it goes over him to the derby player behind. Also not good considering he can view that attacking it from inside his 6 yard box 

IMG_5641.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5643.jpeg

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, superniko said:

I agree completely re Pears but we still need to get more out of Hyam in particular. He’s so weak in this area. See the first goal below. He has good positioning to attack the ball away, gets a jump and looks favourite for the ball then turns his head for some reason. Not physically strong enough maybe. 

IMG_5641.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

IMG_5644.jpeg

IMG_5643.jpeg

Just before that first frame you can see Carter pointing to their number 35, and I presume he is shouting that he has been left free. Brittain was absolutely all over the place for the corner that nearly went straight in. We need somebody in there organising better from set pieces, whether that be a new keeper or a Batth/McFadzean. We also need to be stronger and braver for this not to become an achillles heel.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Just before that first frame you can see Carter pointing to their number 35, and I presume he is shouting that he has been left free. Brittain was absolutely all over the place for the corner that nearly went straight in. We need somebody in there organising better from set pieces, whether that be a new keeper or a Batth/McFadzean. We also need to be stronger and braver for this not to become an achillles heel.

I thought that. Brittain appeared to duck out of clearing the ball in at the last minute.

• Like 1

One thing's for sure the substitutions changed the game but need to keep in mind that these were forced subs due to lack of match fitness in certain areas. It also shown Eustace what a triple sub can do at the right time. The quality off the bench is better than what where used to these past few seasons and it's great to see. As for the goals conceded we were comfortable up until Gueye went off. If we can find another that can dominate the area like he shown we should be alright. Plenty of positives to take 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Hyam and Carter should be doing this with a commanding keeper and Travis. 

We need that commanding keeper signing before the window. 

• Like 4