BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

14 hours ago, only2garners said:

Pretty surprising to see our gate was higher than North End last night. Assuming Sheffield United filled ether end it would mean Rover shad more home fans on than PNE despite their cheap pricing.

Also Ryan Lowe is building up a fine record - it's now 6 losses in a row with no goals scored.

Yep.Sheff Utd brought a few hundred more than Derby. 

over 5k Home fans were walk ons.

Is this so they can pick and choose games instead of committing to a 23 game ST?

Their ST sales have gone down this summer. It’s like we’ve said you need to time reductions with a bit of momentum on the pitch - a terrible end to last season, poor recruitment and keeping Lowe is the opposite of that.

Edited by Mattyblue

EFL extended highlights, not the same as posted earlier and show the goals and other action in more detail and angles.

The screenshot shows Batth clutching his head seconds after the shot that bounced of the top of the bar. He's a newbie, he'll get used to it ..

Screenshot_20240811-114427.thumb.png.ad5aacd000654622a0200098ae9a3249.png

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

EFL extended highlights, not the same as posted earlier and show the goals and other action in more detail and angles.

The screenshot shows Batth clutching his head seconds after the shot that bounced of he top of the bar. He's a newbie, he'll get used to it ..

Screenshot_20240811-114427.thumb.png.ad5aacd000654622a0200098ae9a3249.png

Cheers for this.

17k fans is impressive, will that continue?!

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

JRC who didn't look his best on Friday.  Apparently played with a slight hamstring injury according to Eustace

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24510218.blackburn-rovers-boss-gueye-captaincy-decision/

Id have thought with his injury record, if he had a niggle he wouldn't have played.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Cheers for this.

17k fans is impressive, will that continue?!

No chance because as widely discussed on here there aren't enough season ticket holders.

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

JRC who didn't look his best on Friday.  Apparently played with a slight hamstring injury according to Eustace

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24510218.blackburn-rovers-boss-gueye-captaincy-decision/

I was reading an article on Derbys manager and how much emphasis he puts on pace and athleticism. Bearing in mind how many players we had playing that weren’t anywhere near fit (Gueye, JRC, Hedges) it was a good result all told. 

That was probably one of the worst games Ive seen from JRC. He’s not the quickest at the best of times but he looked like he was running in treacle. 

30 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I was reading an article on Derbys manager and how much emphasis he puts on pace and athleticism. Bearing in mind how many players we had playing that weren’t anywhere near fit (Gueye, JRC, Hedges) it was a good result all told. 

That was probably one of the worst games Ive seen from JRC. He’s not the quickest at the best of times but he looked like he was running in treacle. 

We were discussing it on the way home, every team in the division is carrying players who aren't up to speed,ie it isn't just Rovers. Also, every club is still to add to their squad. 

If we can be one of the best at coping with it, it's a good opportunity to get some important early points on the board. 

7 minutes ago, M_B said:

We were discussing it on the way home, every team in the division is carrying players who aren't up to speed,ie it isn't just Rovers. Also, every club is still to add to their squad. 

If we can be one of the best at coping with it, it's a good opportunity to get some important early points on the board. 

I think there’s levels of fitness. JRC, Hedges and Mak were cooked at 30 mins. 

We looked far better when those 3 were subbed. We couldn’t get up the pitch at all  from 30 mins to 60 mins. 

Agree on the resilience, that’s one thing Eustace has instilled since he took over.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I think there’s levels of fitness. JRC, Hedges and Mak were cooked at 30 mins. 

We looked far better when those 3 were subbed. We couldn’t get up the pitch at all  from 30 mins to 60 mins. 

Agree on the resilience, that’s one thing Eustace has instilled since he took over.

Agree with all that, when Hedges came off I thought that's a good runout for him at this stage. 

A fit Hedges is an important player for us. Gueye is understandable, he'd already gone down, it will take a while. 

Big, big season for Joe. 

49 minutes ago, M_B said:

Agree with all that, when Hedges came off I thought that's a good runout for him at this stage. 

A fit Hedges is an important player for us. Gueye is understandable, he'd already gone down, it will take a while. 

Big, big season for Joe. 

Has Hedges ever been properly fit in his time at Ewood ? Somehow I doubt it.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He's never fully recovered from his injury last year. Hopefully this season he stays fit and we see the best out of him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m amazed. He always looks like the sort of player that’s playing within himself to me.

suspect that's a recency bias that a lot of us hold,

as Neil mentioned a couple of posts back, he never properly recovered from last seasons injury, (think he may have had it recur twice)

On 10/08/2024 at 19:14, J*B said:

Whether we have Batth, McFazean or Paulo Maldini playing centre back we need a new keeper. Pears - who’s signing I still question as the son of a mate of Mowbray - was shit when he arrived, shit last season and will continue to be shit this season. He’s shown glimpses of being capable but the inevitable fuck up is always just around the corner. Hell, I’d sell him if someone would pay us any sort of money and try to find two keepers.

Pears - who’s signing I still question as the son of a mate of Mowbray and a Boro reject signed on deadline day

• Like 1

I'm not a Pears fan and I believe we must strengthen there but criticism of him in this game is over the top imo.

He wasn't responsible for either goal and he made a fantastic save at a vital point in the game when he kept out that inswinging corner and the scramble afterwards,

Never seen a corner deviate that much.

The one that clipped the top of the bar looked bad but it dropped dramatically and, in the end, he did make the right judgement----though only just.

Fine margins!

The problem is I'm always waiting for a howler from him and that's why we need a replacement to restore confidence in the defence. But till then, we should get off his back and look at where the defence was for 2 very basic goals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I'm not a Pears fan and I believe we must strengthen there but criticism of him in this game is over the top imo.

He wasn't responsible for either goal and he made a fantastic save at a vital point in the game when he kept out that inswinging corner and the scramble afterwards,

Never seen a corner deviate that much.

The one that clipped the top of the bar looked bad but it dropped dramatically and, in the end, he did make the right judgement----though only just.

Fine margins!

The problem is I'm always waiting for a howler from him and that's why we need a replacement to restore confidence in the defence. But till then, we should get off his back and look at where the defence was for 2 very basic goals.

His position for the second was wrong.

He came rushing out at one point and nearly cost a goal. I think he gave the ball to the opposition at another point as well that could well have ended in a goal. That shot he let go was ridiculously close and the fact he made no attempt at saving it was ridiculous.

He's an absolute liability and will drag us down the table with his lack of ability to read the game and make good decisions.

He absolutely will cost us goals, games and points.

Granted the save from the corner was very good.

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

He absolutely will cost us goals, games and points.

Agree on that. But its not his fault he's picked is it?

If the crowd turn on him he"ll be worse and we still won't have a replacement.

2 minutes ago, 47er said:

Agree on that. But its not his fault he's picked is it?

If the crowd turn on him he"ll be worse and we still won't have a replacement.

He better improve his performance then because he'll start to get pelters when he starts to give games away.