BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that a case of you expecting Eustace to appoint Hyam.

He is a decent Championship defender on his day, and probably got a bit too much stick at times. But he certainly is not a leader. 

Has to be Travis.

he wouldn't even start for me

• Like 2

I like Hyam, think he was rushed back from injury last season although that obviously doesn't completely explain away his form, but I've seen enough of him as captain to think he's not suited to it. 

Both Scotty and Fadz were far more influential figures, speaking up and organising, than Dom during his captaincy. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that a case of you expecting Eustace to appoint Hyam.

He is a decent Championship defender on his day, and probably got a bit too much stick at times. But he certainly is not a leader. 

Has to be Travis.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Why do you want a guy who only has a year left on his contract (and been no talk of him signing another one) to be captain?

Hyam was good first season and poor last ,but his attitude was terrible last season ,throwing his hands in the air when the riverside gave a bit of grief and acting like a crybaby at that fans meeting Waggott called.

Iv always felt he hasn't wanted to be here, Coventry needed the money at the time only reason he is here 

No way should he be captain this season. 

I said last summer I wanted Hyam to be Rovers captain and replace Travis. Here is my post from last summer. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36571-pre-season-2324/?do=findComment&comment=2479325

So to answer your point Roversfan99, No it isn't cos Eustace might pick Hyam or Travis or Pickering. I don't know who Eustace will pick tbh

To answer your point Islander200 on Hyam not being captain cos he only has 1 year left on his contract, for me that plays no part in my decision and yes I would offer him a new 3 year contract and keep him here. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I said last summer I wanted Hyam to be Rovers captain and replace Travis. Here is my post from last summer. https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/36571-pre-season-2324/?do=findComment&comment=2479325

So to answer your point Roversfan99, No it isn't cos Eustace might pick Hyam or Travis or Pickering. I don't know who Eustace will pick tbh

To answer your point Islander200 on Hyam not being captain cos he only has 1 year left on his contract, for me that plays no part in my decision and yes I would offer him a new 3 year contract and keep him here. 

He wouldn't sign it.Dont you find it strange that when Gally was here and Dolan talk in the media about them only having a year left and club in talks ,deals offered etc.I never hear anything regarding a new deal for Hyam.(Maybe I missed it)

Hyam wasn't a good captain last season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He wouldn't sign it.Dont you find it strange that when Gally was here and Dolan talk in the media about them only having a year left and club in talks ,deals offered etc.I never hear anything regarding a new deal for Hyam.(Maybe I missed it)

Hyam wasn't a good captain last season.

Maybe Hyam's contract doesn't actually run out at the end of the season. 

I would stick with Hyam as captain. 

• Backroom
7 hours ago, FourNaan said:

There will be a moment of applause at 25 min mark for Kimbo and Andy's Man Club UK. Kimbo was 25 and died recently. His older brother is Luke Kimberley, formerly of Rovers Chat. 

As for how we all feel about this uninspiring season, I am sinking my time into FM to cope. You all would love my version of Rovers. 

Feel free to post in the gaming thread or in ICBINF, plenty of FM fans on here 🙂

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would you want him as captain? 

6 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

First game of the season, difficult to predict.

Hopefully Waggott gets what he deserves, for the full 90 mins ! 

Along with the Shadow man ...

100% The heat HAS to be on Swag and the shadow man from the start. 

I think a 1-1 draw

15,235 (4k away)

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can him only having one year left on his contract not come into your thinking.

We have seen it often that players don't play 100% especially those last couple of months subconsciously even they will protect themselves.Its different for the likes of McFadzean and Batth as this is likely to be their last contracts at a level as high as the championship anyway 

I just can't think of one thing that Hyam did when he became captain to make me think he should be captain this season.In fact his performances got worse after getting the armband

Some players thrive with the armband, some struggle. He falls into the latter.

He also doesnt to me show any signs of a good captain. Can be a good player at this level on his day, not a captain though.

Still to see any reasoning behind choosing him.

I also think if Travis isn't captain it's definitely pointing towards him being moved on before the window shuts 

To be fair I don't think Travis is ideal captain material but he probably the best bet we have now 

If Weimann was to play a prominent role in the team id probably give it to him 

20 minutes ago, islander200 said:

How can him only having one year left on his contract not come into your thinking.

Cos it doesn't. It's about this season and maybe he doesn't have a year left on contract but as more years left on his contract 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos it doesn't. It's about this season and maybe he doesn't have a year left on contract but as more years left on his contract 

He has one year left.Give me one good reason why the club wouldn't have announced if he extended his deal?

Will leave it there

Just now, islander200 said:

He has one year left.Give me one good reason why the club wouldn't have announced if he extended his deal?

Will leave it there

Cos of his poor form around the Bristol City game. It's interesting that Jackson hasn't asked about Rovers about Hyam only have 1 year left on contract but has commented on Dolan and Gallagher situation 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos of his poor form around the Bristol City game. It's interesting that Jackson hasn't asked about Rovers about Hyam only have 1 year left on contract but has commented on Dolan and Gallagher situation 

You think the club is purposely withholding the fact that Hyam has signed a new contract?

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe he signed a contract extension and just not announce by the club last season. Who knows. 

Come on Chaddy, FFS. When are the club shy on announcing new contract renewals?