BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

You think the club is purposely withholding the fact that Hyam has signed a new contract?

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Come on Chaddy, FFS. When are the club shy on announcing new contract renewals?

I don't know is the honest answer. They has been very little talk/comments on Hyam and any new contract talks which I find strange this summer. Hence why I think it's small possibility he has sign a new contract or has option in his contract. 

Anyway I have asked Jackson this morning the Hyam question. His reply was 

So I hold my hands up guys, but its looks like contract talks will start after the window shuts

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Still doesnt explain why he should be captain.

why shouldn't be captain? I said last summer he should be our captain, before he became Captain. my reasons for that is he is good at communicating, leader, and he will be regular starter. Yes he is dip of form last March and he was awful at Bristol City but he bounced back and did well in games afterwards 

You asked lots of question and never who your captain would be? Travis? Pickering? Tronstad? Hedges? Carter? or still with Hyam? 

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know is the honest answer. They has been very little talk/comments on Hyam and any new contract talks which I find strange this summer. Hence why I think it's small possibility he has sign a new contract or has option in his contract. 

Anyway I have asked Jackson this morning the Hyam question. OK guys when/if he reply I will post the answer 

you really think he knows? he's a copy/paste merchant stealing a living is yon Mon.

He is worst venkygraph journo of all time. 

hyam shouldn't be in the team let alone captain.

Edited by ABBEY

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

why shouldn't be captain? I said last summer he should be our captain, before he became Captain. my reasons for that is he is good at communicating, leader, and he will be regular starter. Yes he is dip of form last March and he was awful at Bristol City but he bounced back and did well in games afterwards 

You asked lots of question and never who your captain would be? Travis? Pickering? Tronstad? Hedges? Carter? or still with Hyam? 

I said Travis.

Hyam genuinely comes across as a leader to you? He seems quiet, responds poorly to criticism and his form dipped when he became captain 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I said Travis.

Hyam genuinely comes across as a leader to you? He seems quiet, responds poorly to criticism and his form dipped when he became captain 

Different leaders lead different ways. Things we don't see. We aren't in the dressing room before games. 

2 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

hyam shouldn't be in the team let alone captain.

Fair enough Abbey, that's your opinion. My opinion is he should be starter and captain. 

• Downvote 1

Aren't squad numbers announced today?  Might be a tad insightful.

As for captain, I honestly don't think Eustace knows which of Carter, Hyam and Travis will still be at the club when the window slams shut.  Like all things Rovers, what a mess our club is in.

Wouldn't give it Hyam as I think he's weak and gutless.

I'd let Carter focus on his own game and  not burden him with other responsibilities.

That by default leaves Travis who has his limitations but at least wears his heart on his sleeve.

So, Hyam and Travis in the frame for the non- job of captain.

Why am I not even slightly interested 

Give in to the winner of a best of 3 heads/tails toss up.

At least that's based on current form.

I'm more interested in how Pears will contrive his first goal concedeing blunder. I sort of favour misjudging a low shot from distance 

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Few things got on my nerves with Hyam.

Showing off that he was in Dubai on his Instagram story, hours after we got slapped off that lot.

Then telling The Riverside to calm down, when we passed it backwards from a corner in injury time and needed a goal.

In that supporters meeting, slagging off the fans for apparently getting on the backs of the players.  

Not the biggest fan tbf.

Appreciate this is performance related only, but he also put in the worst individual display in a Rovers shirt that I've seen from the past decade or so at Bristol City (I won't include Shane Duffy for that honor, as that was intentional IMO). 

That aside, he is no captain. Give it to Trav, JRC - anyone who has a bit of character and bite.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Few things got on my nerves with Hyam.

Showing off that he was in Dubai on his Instagram story, hours after we got slapped off that lot.

Then telling The Riverside to calm down, when we passed it backwards from a corner in injury time and needed a goal.

In that supporters meeting, slagging off the fans for apparently getting on the backs of the players.  

Not the biggest fan tbf.

He's what the American Football fans would describe as 'soft'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Come on Chaddy, FFS. When are the club shy on announcing new contract renewals?

I didn't want to say this earlier and ruin my viewing fun, but seeing as the Hyam contract situation has now been put to bed

Jalil Saadi has evidentially (based on appearing in pre season) signed a new contract which has not been announced by the club. 

Obviously a different situation as Hyam was club captain for the second half of last season, whereas Saadi is for all intents and purposes an overage U21 player, but it does highlight how bad the club are with communication, 

If Hyam had signed a new contract they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Maybe he's another who the club have a 12 month option on ?

Anyway....

Rovers   1    Derby   1

Think we'll see plenty of these scorelines this season.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If Hyam had signed a new contract they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Maybe he's another who the club have a 12 month option on ?

Anyway....

Rovers   1    Derby   1

Think we'll see plenty of these scorelines this season.

Agree, its not something they would neglect to mention

They are are normally pretty good at announcing that the player has an option in the initial signing/contract renewal story, but this detail was not included in the Hyam signing story

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/august/28/dom-deal-done-/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Anyway I have asked Jackson this morning the Hyam question. His reply was 

So I hold my hands up guys, but its looks like contract talks will start after the window shuts

Why would you leave it until after the window shuts to start talks over a new contract with someone with only 12 months left 

I will bet my life on it that Hyam has no intention of signing a new contract here and 100% he should not be captain. 

• Like 1

Another day closer to the season opener and Sammie seems no closer to leaving -  do we stick him on the bench? Second half sub if we are losing/drawing and need a goal? I appreciate not starting him to minimise injury risk concerns but after a certain point we can't afford to leave him out of the squad entirely.

I'm pretty sure he will have kept himself fit, won't want that to be an issue that hampers his move, and I think a less than match sharp Sammie is still our most potent goal threat.

So in the words of Souness, "we have to wee with the willy we have got"

Challenge for Eustace to get a result with the current squad - this will tell us as much about him as the players.

I suspect a spirit crushing 0-0 despite the inadequacies of both keepers. That in itself will be progress given our abysmal record against newly promoted sides in recent seasons.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Different leaders lead different ways. Things we don't see. We aren't in the dressing room before games. 

Fair enough Abbey, that's your opinion. My opinion is he should be starter and captain. 

So how do you then know that he should be captain?

14 minutes ago, philipl said:

So in the words of Souness, "we have to wee with the willy we have got"

Challenge for Eustace to get a result with the current squad - this will tell us as much about him as the players.

I suspect a spirit crushing 0-0 despite the inadequacies of both keepers. That in itself will be progress given our abysmal record against newly promoted sides in recent seasons.

Weve also won our last 3 season openers I think, all at home.

It wouldnt be progress to draw. Im not saying we will win, but a home game against a limited Derby side who havent got a proper keeper, for whom Jerry Yates is suspended and whose best player in Max Bird has left is a game where anything less than a win would be below par.

55 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So how do you then know that he should be captain?

cos that's my opinion. I said the same last summer he should be captain even before he was made captain here

Edited by chaddyrovers

27 minutes ago, sharpysharps86 said:
47 minutes ago, Polky said:

1-1

Dolan to score for Rovers and Barkhuizen for Derby.

Is it just me or did Barkhuizen have a habit of scoring against us when he was at Preston. He's nailed on to score I reckon 😂.

Nyambe assist