BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

1 hour ago, sharpysharps86 said:

Is it just me or did Barkhuizen have a habit of scoring against us when he was at Preston. He's nailed on to score I reckon 😂.

Yes, that’s why I’ve chosen him to score tomorrow.

He scored the winner at Deepdale in 2019 when we went 2-0 up after 15 minutes and bottled it 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Few things got on my nerves with Hyam.

Showing off that he was in Dubai on his Instagram story, hours after we got slapped off that lot.

Then telling The Riverside to calm down, when we passed it backwards from a corner in injury time and needed a goal.

In that supporters meeting, slagging off the fans for apparently getting on the backs of the players.  

Not the biggest fan tbf.

for once I agree with you . Chaddy thinks the sun shines out his arse , me I don't think he should even be a rover

• Like 1

Coming over for the game tomorrow, looking forward to it regardless of the bs going on regarding transfers etc.

Anyway, might be a long shot, I am staying in Manchester, was wondering if anyone is headed back that way(or close enough) after the game and might be so kind as to let me join. Happy to contribute to fuel too. DM if anyone happy to do so, cheers lads.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, youve not given a reason. Just said that its your opinion. 

I don’t have to stick up for Chaddy, but anything said on here is opinion. my opinion is Tronstad, but it’s fine if others disagree with me. 

Btw, it seems we DO have leadership on the club, as I’ve seen mentioned as Captain- Travis, Tronstad, Hyam, JR-C, Siggy, Sammie, even Weimann, etc- practically everyone on the club (Except Pears, lol)

8 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I don’t have to stick up for Chaddy, but anything said on here is opinion. my opinion is Tronstad, but it’s fine if others disagree with me. 

Btw, it seems we DO have leadership on the club, as I’ve seen mentioned as Captain- Travis, Tronstad, Hyam, JR-C, Siggy, Sammie, even Weimann, etc- practically everyone on the club (Except Pears, lol)

Of course, and his opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

My point was that he didnt say why that was his opinion. 

I think the most obvious 2 in terms of leaders would be Batth and McFadzean but neither will likely play that much.

Giving an opinion on a captain is more difficult than just say which players we rate/would pick etc. But I dont see what boxes Hyam ticks. He seems quiet which is fine, he certainly doesnt have an aura of leadership. He also has shown negative signs when the going gets tough, bickering with fans, moaning about booing, and crucially his performances declined when he became captain.

I also think as the default captain, it is a big statement to take it from Travis.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course, and his opinion is as valid as anyone elses.

My point was that he didnt say why that was his opinion. 

I think the most obvious 2 in terms of leaders would be Batth and McFadzean but neither will likely play that much.

Giving an opinion on a captain is more difficult than just say which players we rate/would pick etc. But I dont see what boxes Hyam ticks. He seems quiet which is fine, he certainly doesnt have an aura of leadership. He also has shown negative signs when the going gets tough, bickering with fans, moaning about booing, and crucially his performances declined when he became captain.

I also think as the default captain, it is a big statement to take it from Travis.

I agree 100% with all you say here, except…Travis as Captain. For me, the Captain must be thoroughly committed to Rovers, he’s proud to wear the shirt, loves the club, etc. 

I’m not sure Travis is that guy. 

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Why would you leave it until after the window shuts to start talks over a new contract with someone with only 12 months left 

I will bet my life on it that Hyam has no intention of signing a new contract here and 100% he should not be captain. 

Might encourage him to knuckle down and concentrate on his own defending if he fancies a move away instead of worrying about the fans or young lads at half time.

Perhaps having a few older heads around will take a bit of pressure off him.

Looking forward to seeing what the Mak can do. He looked a handful against Stockport and could have had a hat-trick on another day. Looks different to what we have had upfront in recent years and could be one of those 'where have they found him from' signings. Very early yet though.

Despite the shambles off the pitch, I think we'll do a job on Derby. Not that pre season results matter much, but their manager doesn't sound impressed with how they have looked.

A reality check for the Derby masses tomorrow.

Rovers 1-0 Derby. Mak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Again, youve not given a reason. Just said that its your opinion. 

I've gave my opinion and why here(what you reply to) https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/37100-v-derby-county-h-09082024/?do=findComment&comment=2622651

2 hours ago, ABBEY said:

for once I agree with you . Chaddy thinks the sun shines out his arse , me I don't think he should even be a rover

Never said that, yet again you don't read what I said. 

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Exactly. 

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I've gave my opinion and why here(what you reply to) https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/37100-v-derby-county-h-09082024/?do=findComment&comment=2622651

Never said that, yet again you don't read what I said. 

Exactly. 

I dont see how youve seen good communication and leadership from him but each to their own.

24 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Sigursson offers leadership? 

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that one.

I dont think ive ever seen a player that is less of a leader than him. Wimps out of tackles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Stadium is getting a clean... 

IMG_20240808_183153.jpg

And all it took was a picture on here showing just how fucking filthy it was…

Take more pictures guys of all the neglect and see if you shame the cnuts into actually doing routine maintenance and essential repairs!

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont see how youve seen good communication and leadership from him but each to their own.

I dont think ive ever seen a player that is less of a leader than him. Wimps out of tackles.

Complete waste of time, if you ask me!