BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 09/08/2024

8:50 pm here in Texas, already anticipating our first contest of the new season…

If Sammie is still a Rover, he needs to start tomorrow. But, he didn’t play in friendlies, will he be game-ready, fit enough to help the club? 

I still say 2-1. up the Rovers!! 

Edited by WacoRover

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t had a new card for my season ticket…I’m sure I read somewhere that they weren’t issuing new cards to renewals and you could just use last years card?

Any ideas?

Steve's got grass seed to pay for, he won't be sending you a new card..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I haven’t had a new card for my season ticket…I’m sure I read somewhere that they weren’t issuing new cards to renewals and you could just use last years card?

Any ideas?

If nothing has changed (location, age group etc) then you should use your existing one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, damo100 said:

Could see a return of Ryan Nyambe at Ewood later.

I wonder what sort of reception he'll receive?

Id hope good?  To my recollection he was a youth academy player repeatedly talked down on by the manager and half shoved out the door?  

• Like 5

… yet I had a quick look at the Stoke forum to see what they think of SG and a poster was saying how Venky’s had sorted our forward line out and it’s just us moaning about ‘forun owners’.

If we think we’ll get any solidarity from the game, think again, just like a decade ago.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Anticipation of that first match of a new season is a feeling that should be full of excitement and expectation. I’ll be at Ewood tonight but with no anticipation, excitement or expectation just fulfilling my duty as a Rovers fan, this thanks to the Pune lunatics and the Swag / Suhail axis of evil.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I agree 100% with all you say here, except…Travis as Captain. For me, the Captain must be thoroughly committed to Rovers, he’s proud to wear the shirt, loves the club, etc. 

I’m not sure Travis is that guy. 

that rules out everyone then .. all mercenaries.  Gone are the days of loving your club. More money comes in to their wallet ..gone.

no love or loyalty.

• Like 2

Even though the ‘communication’ line has opened (supposedly), protests need to start up again.

Reading some online comments is amusing. One even believes after one meeting with the dark lord, they believe we are now moving in the right direction.

My god, really. They are getting concerned, that’s why. If protest begin, let’s (really) see them squirm. Look how Stevie handled that slight pressure last year.

Will be interesting to see.

For tonight, I think we’ll have all the pressure and sadly lose 1-0. Typical of Rovers.

And so our weekend will be ruined.

15 years of The Rao’s and counting…

Edited by Moptop1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Anticipation of that first match of a new season is a feeling that should be full of excitement and expectation. I’ll be at Ewood tonight but with no anticipation, excitement or expectation just fulfilling my duty as a Rovers fan, this thanks to the Pune lunatics and the Swag / Suhail axis of evil.

a sense of duty only attending. No excitement,no hope and no belief.

hope the madri brings some .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Moptop1 said:

Even though the ‘communication’ line has opened (supposedly), protests need to start up again.

Reading some online comments is amusing. One even believes after one meeting with the dark lord, they believe we are now moving in the right direction.

My god, really. They are getting concerned, that’s why. If protest begin, let’s (really) see them squirm. Look how Stevie handled that slight pressure last year.

Will be interesting to see.

For tonight, I think we’ll have all the pressure and sadly lost 1-0. Typical of Rovers.

And so our weekend will be ruined.

15 years of The Rao’s and counting…

big chance missed opening game on national rip off tv . This should of been an all out game to target . 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, M_B said:

Tronstad would seem the obvious choice for captain if he fancies it, if not him then Hedges, both lead by example. 

How many games will Hedges play ? He’s another one who’s a treatment room regular.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I agree 100% with all you say here, except…Travis as Captain. For me, the Captain must be thoroughly committed to Rovers, he’s proud to wear the shirt, loves the club, etc. 

I’m not sure Travis is that guy. 

I think Travis WAS that guy, up to early last season. In theory absolutely perfect for the role, especially considering he has been with the club since he was a lad, more appearances than anyone else around here, longest standing player etc.

Unfortunately the shenanigans of sending him off to Ipswich on loan, him getting a taste of playing for a proper ambitious club, and I suspect efforts this summer behind the scenes to tempt someone to buy him to get some cash and his wages off the books won't have gone unnoticed and will have had a serious impact.

I'm not blaming him for that, he's just the latest in a long line of players who have fallen foul of the nonsense that goes on here.

• Like 1