BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

Just now, Penwortham Blue said:

I think Eustace has the potential to be a really good manager but he isn’t a magician. If they give him some reasonable backing, I think he would keep us at the top end.

it`s venkyworld,they`ve done ok with managers(coyle apart) but then failed to back them,no doubt they`ll do the same with eustace,if we are still near the top six by january,he won`t get any money and whoever is performing well will be sold

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Good result after being 2-1 down. 

Yuki Ohashi scored a great diving header and what a bargain he is showing. Hedges's finish was very good. 

We need a new keeper signing quickly. 

I also think we shouldn't have taken Gueye off cos we lack that focus point. 

4 points from the first 2 games most of would have taken that including myself. Still alot of work to do defensively cos we need to better but I think commanding and experience keeper signing is a must and as soon as possible. Then a winger with pace, centre midfielder and left back plus another attacking player before the window shuts 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The way Eustace likes to sit back and counter will only work when there is enough pace out wide/top to get us up the pitch. 

Dolan/JRC/Hedges/Siggi can't do it. 

Pace opens up everything - yes it'll allow you to counter attack, but it also stretches the field. At the moment if we don't immediately shift it the opposition always have the pace to get back into position and get set, such is the lack of pace in our side. 

• Like 1

didn't see 1st half been A&E all day .. just saw pears with another howler and shocking lazy defending.

ohi oshi oshi

oi oi oi

Norwich 2nd goal not seen replay .. am I harsh when on 1st view pears should of got the ball being crossed? 

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We’d instantly become a better side if we switched JRC and Brittain round. JRC not quick enough for the wing and drifts inside, Brittain woefully bad defensively.

Shocking for their opener.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

We’d instantly become a better side if we switched JRC and Brittain round. JRC not quick enough for the wing and drifts inside, Brittain woefully bad defensively.

JRC much better coming from deep - somehow, opposition seem to struggle to pick him up from there.

• Like 3

Not the best performance and quite fortunate to take a point but showed good spirit in doing so.

We looked absolutely knackered worryingly early (even allowing for it being early in the season) with everyone blowing throughout a very submissive second half. We are devoid of any speed and looked so slow and tired.

Gueye does a lot of good work as a focal point in the first half but doesnt offer much goal threat. Whereas Ohashi does barely anything yet seems to have a knack of popping up with a crucial goal already. Weve upgraded in this position clearly and its still early days as to how good they will be, but promise in both.

The JRC on the wing experiment needs to end, he isnt suited to playing there. We badly need a couple of quick wingers before the window ends. 

Pears is a terrible, terrible keeper. I remember people saying that he is at least good with his feet. Clearly untrue. And its not people going looking for mistakes when they are so blatant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Did we see the same game? Travis is back at his best 

Absolutely. That tackle towards the end was top drawer and took the pressure off at a vital time.

Happy with him today and MOM V Derby, not much more we can ask of him.

• Like 3