BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

1 minute ago, harryhealless1928 said:

Good to see there is life after super Sammy Szmodics.

We never used to come back from going behind under JDT. That was a great header  -wonderful goal poaching skill!

we had life after shearer. Next player up.

• Like 1

A few things after the first couple of games.

Those not apparatchiks always knew Sam wasn’t good enough (and costly) despite always giving his best.  Gueye is clearly an improvement. Let’s hope he can maintain it over a long hard season.

Yuki looks class. Attitude, ability and toughness all seem good. Got that scorer instinct. Let’s hope it continues.

Travis is brain dead. Needless shithousery and cards. But hopefully will still do a good/necessary job in there with Trondstat.

Pears is not the extreme useless keeper as often painted but we do need to find a more reliable replacement.

We look like we can concede from any decent cross or set piece. If I were playing us, I wouldn’t try anything too technical –just get it out wide and get in good crosses. We’re not the tallest.

JRC –not at the races yet.

Fitness generally?

• Like 2

Four points and fair to say we've rode our luck.

Plus points:

• Gueye and Ohashi look very good vfm signings - someone deserves a pat on the back, credit where credit is due
  • A rejuvenated Travis

Negatives:

• We don't look fit
  • Defence concedes for fun
  • Think Pears was, is and always will be a calamitous disaster and needs replacing as our urgent priority
  • Anyone who really thinks Dolan can replace Sammie really does need to go and give their head a very serious wobble

Short term prospects look grim - we will get absolutely mullered at Burnley.

Season's outlook - we will be lucky to survive unless our recruitment team can pull at least three, preferably four or five, rabbits out of their hat.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 3

We were poor in midfield, obviously the gap left when Sam Szchmodics departed. We gave the ball away far to easily for my liking and backed off instead of closing players down, which led to their 2nd goal. We need to spend some of the money we got for Sam Szchmodics on a decent replacement.

• Like 2

Good away result. further goal & assist from our two new forwards. bingo.

But! just put the sky sports highlights on on you tube... first "highlight" pears unnecessarily passing the ball out to a defender whilst said defender was under pressure from two opposition players. luckily this time he was bailed out (by Tronstadt I think)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

Just saw the highlights, pears with more clown goalkeeping, cmon get one in now, matter of time before one of these costs us goals/ points. 
hyam didn’t look too clever either on highlights 

Love ohashi already, absolute breath of fresh air to the team 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But! just put the sky sports highlights on on you tube... first "highlight" pears passing the ball out to a defender whilst said defender was under pressure from two opposition players. luckily this time he was bailed out (by Tronstadt I think)

Think you're getting mixed up. It was Tronstad who asked for the ball, lost control and apologised after Sergeant shot wide. 

Tronstad bailed Pears out from his cock up passing straight to the Norwich player. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

You must be on the wind up 

Travis was good again today - got around the pitch, broke up play and didn't give the ball away.

If you just ask him to be a nuisance and only play the way he's facing he's effective. As much as I liked JDT he definitely arrived with a system and stubbornly tried to fit players into it (and to be fair I think a good number of players massively improved under his coaching).

Eustace seems to have designed a style of play around the players available to him. He's never asked Travis to play on the half turn. 

15 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We were poor in midfield, obviously the gap left when Sam Szchmodics departed. We gave the ball away far to easily for my liking and backed off instead of closing players down, which led to their 2nd goal. We need to spend some of the money we got for Sam Szchmodics on a decent replacement.

I think we've got a handful of #10s - one of them has to stand up and be counted. We need pace and width - we don't have anyone that can provide that in the squad. 

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Just saw the highlights, pears with more clown goalkeeping, cmon get one in now, matter of time before one of these costs us goals/ points. 
hyam didn’t look too clever either on highlights 

Love ohashi already, absolute breath of fresh air to the team 

Pears is now in the Jake Kean phase.... average at best to begin with, now has zero confidence but we don't even have another senior keeper to replace him with...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Think you're getting mixed up. It was Tronstad who asked for the ball, lost control and apologised after Sergeant shot wide. 

Tronstad bailed Pears out from his cock up passing straight to the Norwich player. 

Tronstadt likely didn't see that he had a man on his back! where as Pears had full view of the pitch and should have simply used his own brain and decided against passing to him!!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

But! just put the sky sports highlights on on you tube... first "highlight" pears passing the ball out to a defender whilst said defender was under pressure from two opposition players. luckily this time he was bailed out (by Tronstadt I think)

He was awful all game. Kept passing the ball out gifting a chance to the opposition several times. Should have done better for both goals.

Watching the game I didn't feel Norwich were really in it, that is until Brittain's stupid mistake. We looked lethargic after the break but that first goal really gave Norwich a boost and the belief to try and win it. Norwich looked defeated up till that point, for however knackered we looked.

2 points lost overall.

• Like 4