BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

12 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Different team without the Big Mak.. 

The lad.cohld be a monster if he get's up to speed, a real diamond in the rough.  Liking him already.  Would like to see Ohashi start and the Mac come iff the bench just to see how it works, better yet both of em together, could be lethal.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Miller11 said:

We’d instantly become a better side if we switched JRC and Brittain round. JRC not quick enough for the wing and drifts inside, Brittain woefully bad defensively.

What was the name of the young full back came on at Stockport.  Duru?  Looks like we have a good un there unless we give him away.

Edited by USABlue

12 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

Take that Duffy, you f***ing twat. Apparently today anniversary of his sell out at Cardiff, the 2 OG’s and red card to force his move.

Thankfully he is still 50p head.

7 hours ago, Neal said:

Watching the goals back... Feel like Hyam didn't do enough on both goals. Didn't get tight enough to Sargent for the first and didn't throw himself to block the cross for the 2nd, just half hearted sticks a leg out. You need your centre halves to die for 3 points and I never feel he does. 

Watch JRC, I was fuming. He just trots back. He should be sprinting. High difference when Weimann and especially Siggy came on. 

Think Dolan and JRC needs replacing.  Yuki is as good as Dolan in his role. 

2 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

Managed to make himself the only Derry man to be disliked by Celtic such were his performances in green and white. 

A total boat hook will a massive W in front. W 🪝 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I’m just back from Norwich, after a nice evening out with friends there. Lot of good pubs, worth the visit.

Fans were excellent and vocal throughout.

Pears a liability, looks shot of confidence and capability at this stage. Upgrade essential.

We lack leaders. There are a lot of grafters, but nobody that anyone looks to when the chips are down and can manage the ebb and flow of the game. Travis was very much trying to lead by example and put a big shift in. Others like Hyam did not seize the day and a few were openly blaming each other for mistakes.  Brittain especially partial to a sulk.

On the front foot, we look dangerous. Norwich-supporting friends commented on the quality of our passing in tight spaces to get out of trouble and it was on display today in flashes. The problem is that the back four are the least capable of it and are being asked to do most of it, which is the highest risk area.

Tronstad excellent, extremely solid and despite a couple of errors, really kept us moving.

Buckley looked good coming on, which was unexpected. Sigurdsson had a lot more desire than we’ve seen, which is pleasing.

Dolan looked a bit lost, if busy. Tried to make too much happen, just seems to get in his own head. JRC isn’t a wide player, doesn’t have the positional sense for it, is currently wasted out there.

Gueye and Ohashi - once both fully up to speed, they have to start together, you’re looking at a Rhodes/Gestede-type linkup, potentially.

Ohashi’s header was magic, what a time to score it after it looked like we’d collapsed.

It's a bit crazy how Pears can be short on confidence after retaining his place and his team winning the previous 2.

He now has nearly two full seasons as a number 1 behind him so i'd suggest he maybe doesn't have enough faith in his defence.  We have conceded 5 in three games so tightening up especially set pieces is vital.

7 hours ago, Bethnal said:

I’m just back from Norwich, after a nice evening out with friends there. Lot of good pubs, worth the visit.

Fans were excellent and vocal throughout.

Pears a liability, looks shot of confidence and capability at this stage. Upgrade essential.

We lack leaders. There are a lot of grafters, but nobody that anyone looks to when the chips are down and can manage the ebb and flow of the game. Travis was very much trying to lead by example and put a big shift in. Others like Hyam did not seize the day and a few were openly blaming each other for mistakes.  Brittain especially partial to a sulk.

On the front foot, we look dangerous. Norwich-supporting friends commented on the quality of our passing in tight spaces to get out of trouble and it was on display today in flashes. The problem is that the back four are the least capable of it and are being asked to do most of it, which is the highest risk area.

Tronstad excellent, extremely solid and despite a couple of errors, really kept us moving.

Buckley looked good coming on, which was unexpected. Sigurdsson had a lot more desire than we’ve seen, which is pleasing.

Dolan looked a bit lost, if busy. Tried to make too much happen, just seems to get in his own head. JRC isn’t a wide player, doesn’t have the positional sense for it, is currently wasted out there.

Gueye and Ohashi - once both fully up to speed, they have to start together, you’re looking at a Rhodes/Gestede-type linkup, potentially.

Ohashi’s header was magic, what a time to score it after it looked like we’d collapsed.

Just how I saw it. I like both JRC and Dolan but they’d have to be on the bench next time out. JRC doesn’t look anything like fit, the game passed him by yesterday. I despair with Dolan. He over complicates everything he does, he just needs to keep it simple. That was Sammi’s strength, he kept things simple.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Ricky said:

How much did you lose on your licence to print money then @Mercer

You’d be here quick enough spouting off about which bottle of red you’d bought had it come in.

Had £40 on Rovers' win and £5 on correct score.

Win some, lose some!

Providing I win more than I lose then all is good!

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Win some, lose some!

You should do a thread with your betting tips. If you’re winning more than you lose on Rovers I’ll mirror your bets. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You should do a thread with your betting tips. If you’re winning more than you lose on Rovers I’ll mirror your bets. 

😂 and I have a bridge to sell you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Win some, lose some!

I always pick four Lancashire teams’ games and go for over 2.5 goals in each. I made several hundred quid last season and got off to a flyer yesterday as well.

Its not always the same four teams, depends who kicks off at 3pm on the Saturday.

IMG_2373.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s venkyworld,they`ve done ok with managers(coyle apart) but then failed to back them,no doubt they`ll do the same with eustace,if we are still near the top six by january,he won`t get any money and whoever is performing well will be sold

What?! Disagree!!

Their biggest mistake was jettisoning Big Sam after 5 minutes in charge & replacing him with K**n, keeping him as long as they did, then following that with Berg then Appleton in the space of 3 months!!

Anyway, I digress....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I always pick four Lancashire teams’ games and go for over 2.5 goals in each. I made several hundred quid last season and got off to a flyer yesterday as well.

Its not always the same four teams, depends who kicks off at 3pm on the Saturday.

IMG_2373.jpeg

Terrific - well done!

Have you got 6 numbers for Wednesday's lotto!?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Don’t normally bet but I might give the 2.5 goals thing a go. 

good to see actual evidence of winnings @oldjamfan1, rather than the made up stuff about red wine and printing presses😉

The beauty about it mate is that you can’t get stuffed by a late goal screwing your coupon up. Once three goals have been scored you can tick that game off. It doesn’t always win obviously but unless you get a 0-0 draw involved there’s usually interest right to the final whistle. The Blackpool game yesterday was 0-0 after about 75 mins but still came in. 

Anyway I’m derailing the thread a bit here. Was delighted with the point yesterday and if we can get and keep players fit I think we’ll have a decent season.

• Like 1

Didn't see the game, have only seen highlights, but reading this thread during the match & immediately after reads like the last rights!!

Norwich finished in playoffs last season, we've taken a point off them at home. By all objective accounts I've read, a draw was a fair result on the balance of play.

Some of the criticism Brittain has had is ridiculous. He's not perfect & of course got caught out yesterday, but he's in the championship. His overall contributions are more positive than negative & he really offers some dynamism imo. 

Really happy with the new boys, look like proper players that give options.

As for Yuki:

Oh Yuki you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind hey Yuki, hey Yuki

(to the tune of Hey Mickey - ribbed off Facebook, tbf)

Oh and by the way, the whipping boys of this season (according to many on here after last Friday) beat Middlesbrough yesterday...

Edited by Atko's Engine
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Don’t normally bet but I might give the 2.5 goals thing a go. 

good to see actual evidence of winnings @oldjamfan1, rather than the made up stuff about red wine and printing presses😉

Firstly, I don't make stuff up about wine, betting or titbits I might hear about Rovers.

Secondly, I don't need to justify myself to anyone on this MB.  If you don't like what I post then put me on ignore.

Finally, I was asked how much I'd bet on yesterday's game and I simply answered. 

• Like 3