BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

22 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Three quality finishes in three matches now.

Also Hedges taking a page out of Ohashi's book of finishing with that chip.  Found meself wondering if he does that had Yuki not done it game previous.

6 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Also Hedges taking a page out of Ohashi's book of finishing with that chip.  Found meself wondering if he does that had Yuki not done it game previous.

Not too sure, his attempt at Preston the season before last suggests he likes one - this one was slightly more successful 😂

• Like 3

On 17/08/2024 at 17:42, Mercer said:

Four points and fair to say we've rode our luck.

Plus points:

• Gueye and Ohashi look very good vfm signings - someone deserves a pat on the back, credit where credit is due
  • A rejuvenated Travis

Negatives:

• We don't look fit
  • Defence concedes for fun
  • Think Pears was, is and always will be a calamitous disaster and needs replacing as our urgent priority
  • Anyone who really thinks Dolan can replace Sammie really does need to go and give their head a very serious wobble

Short term prospects look grim - we will get absolutely mullered at Burnley.

Season's outlook - we will be lucky to survive unless our recruitment team can pull at least three, preferably four or five, rabbits out of their hat.

I'm not sure how you've gone from predicting a 3-1 win pre-game to having us as likely to be relegated and looking totally negative on the back of a pretty good draw (on paper). 

• Like 1

One inevitably starts thinking of ways to play Ohashi and Gueye in the same team. I feel like we have a more than decent basis for a 3-5-2 formation, with the only downside being that it leaves a significant portion of attacking midfielders with no real place in the team. 

---------------------Pears/New--------------------

-----------------Hyam---Batth---Carter-----------

Brittain/Hedges-----------------------Pickering--

------------------------Tronstad-------------------

----------Rankin Costello-------Travis------------

----------------------------------------------------

-----------------Gueye-------Ohashi--------------

Edited by Commondore

3 hours ago, Commondore said:

One inevitably starts thinking of ways to play Ohashi and Gueye in the same team. I feel like we have a more than decent basis for a 3-5-2 formation, with the only downside being that it leaves a significant portion of attacking midfielders with no real place in the team. 

-Pears/New-

-Hyam-Batth-Carter-

-Brittain/Hedges -Rankin Costello-Tronstad-Travis-Pickering-
-Gueye-Ohashi-

I think you'd play ohashi as a 10 or play him ahead of Gueye. Or just play a bit more like a 4-4-2.

If we were to go back to a 5 at the back, I'd go with Hedges left wing back and Pickering left cb.

Just watched Hedges goal again and again.  What I did not pick up on live was what a good assist that is from Big Mac.  Gets on the ball with a lot to do, looks around, understands the possibility and waits for the run and plays a lovely pass into Hedges stride the rest is in the record books.  If he continues to improve as he acclimates to life in this counrty and division we may have a real gem.  Never in a month of Sundays would Gally have seen that let alone pulled it off.  Could be a real asset that we can sell on for a knock down fee of say 7mil, course he'd be worth 15 but venks being venks will sanction it and Waggot will be patting him self on the back.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Just watched Hedges goal again and again.  What I did not pick up on live was what a good assist that is from Big Mac.  Gets on the ball with a lot to do, looks around, understands the possibility and waits for the run and plays a lovely pass into Hedges stride the rest is in the record books.  If he continues to improve as he acclimates to life in this counrty and division we may have a real gem.  Never in a month of Sundays would Gally have seen that let alone pulled it off.  Could be a real asset that we can sell on for a knock down fee of say 7mil, course he'd be worth 15 but venks being venks will sanction it and Waggot will be patting him self on the back.

Mac's pass was timed and weighted to perfection. 👍

On 22/08/2024 at 20:30, USABlue said:

He was also involved in beginning the move in centre field if my memory serves me well.