BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

We don't play 4-3-3

I was grouping where the selection choices are. I doubt he would play the 2 midfielders without another essentially midfield player in the centre of the 3 in 4-2-3-1

I can see us getting a score draw here. The cb pairing of hanley and duffy looked awful last week, but Gueye may be more beneficial for them to play against. I reckon we will start the team that beat derby. Im going 1-1. We will go 1-0 down then the onashi to come on and terrorise their 2 donut cbs.

38 minutes ago, philipl said:

I was grouping where the selection choices are. I doubt he would play the 2 midfielders without another essentially midfield player in the centre of the 3 in 4-2-3-1

The player in the center of the 3 will be Dolan, 

Looking forward to another walk down to Carrow Road from my house. I’ve lived here since 2021 and me and my boy have enjoyed three successful visits from the Rovers.

Szmodics or no Szmodics, we’ve started sharply. Norwich have lost some big names, and Rowe is busy sulking and refusing to play. Should be a good game. The Canaries are the favourites with the home advantage, but BRFC are looking decent value imo.

It’s nice and sunny in Norwich at the moment - looking forward to a nice leisurely beer and some chicken wings before proceedings begin.

Hope to see and hear you all tomorrow.

COYB! 🔵🌹

• Like 6

Think Norwich have made a poor managerial appointment and will have a terrible season (bottom 8).

Can't see anything other than a Rovers' win.

Made my usual 2 bets (result and score) on Rovers' match - Rovers to win at 27/10 (licence to print money!) and by 3-1.

Edited by Mercer

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think Norwich have made a poor managerial appointment and will have a terrible season (bottom 8).

Can't see anything other than a Rovers' win.

Made my usual 2 bets (result and score) on Rovers' match - Rovers to win at 27/10 (licence to print money!) and by 3-1.

And there we go, not just my birthday ruined by Szmodics leaving but now my weekend.

gun-to-head-barney-stinson.gif.cb606398e8a42ba87d6e17965788acaf.gif

• Like 2

I wish you well there.   Really enjoyed them losing the play-off games at the end of last season and their arrogance and perceived superiority is always evident against us.    Or at least it was up until last season however we're now arguably the best club team in East Anglia.   

They've sold on some of their best players, Delia and Wynn-Jones are steeping down as directors, new manager coming in doesn't seem up to much and they seem worse equipped than last season to try and mount a challenge in the Championship League.      Do everyone a favour at Portman Road and take three points off them and provide a first season defeat.    Safe journey if you're travelling over.       Horrible team and supporters, although the City itself is nice and offers many attractions and places of interest.     I won't, or can't, allow them any more than that.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, not exactly Scarface said:

I wish you well there.   Really enjoyed them losing the play-off games at the end of last season and their arrogance and perceived superiority is always evident against us.    Or at least it was up until last season however we're now arguably the best club team in East Anglia.   

They've sold on some of their best players, Delia and Wynn-Jones are steeping down as directors, new manager coming in doesn't seem up to much and they seem worse equipped than last season to try and mount a challenge in the Championship League.      Do everyone a favour at Portman Road and take three points off them and provide a first season defeat.    Safe journey if you're travelling over.       Horrible team and supporters, although the City itself is nice and offers many attractions and places of interest.     I won't, or can't, allow them any more than that.  

You take our best player then expect us to beat your rivals? 😄

• Like 4

With szmodics gone I would go 

pears 

brittain 

hyam 

carter 

pickerong 

Travis 

Tronstad

JRC 

Dolan 

Hedges

ohashi

subs, Hilton, bath, McFadz, deru, Buckley, Sigurdsson, Weimann, gueye

gueye isn’t ready to start in my opinion. 

felty much better than last season but I always say a good depthful squad will have 22 players = 2 teams, so the first 11 can be replaced directly without having to move players about. 

gk: better more consistent than pears needed 

left back:  to compete/ backup for pocketing 

cm: a healthy squad needs 4-5 cm’ds with several roles which we are in need of a box to box at least 

wing: hedges, siggy: Weimann, jrc are our wingers but that’s not good enough, siggy and hedges are no more than impact subs/ rotation nowhere near consistent enough to be relied upon to be first choice so at least one winger is required. 

so ultimately 3 players definitely needed to be effective gk, lb, winger, but another cm at least would have us healthy looking to be able to compete in all comps effectively 

This was one of the tougher Championship fixtures in years gone by, but not so much today, imo. Not taking them lightly, but they are there for the taking tomorrow. They've lost a few quality players in recent years, they have a new manager who is trying to figure things out, this Rowe fella seems to be causing a bit of a rumpus too and they have Hanley and Duffy at the back. Any club that is relying on those two must be desperate (as we know). Looks more of a challenge than Derby, but these are a poor imitation of previous Norwich sides in this Division and are doable.

Norwich 1-2 Rovers.

• Like 1

I’m in the area, but swore I’m not going again under these abhorrent owners.

Things get real tomorrow, a real test for this side.

Hopefully a 1-1 for the travelling fans 

Just looked at tickets in the home end, not many left,  £41 in the main stand, let’s see if the beer takes effect and heart rules head.

Safe trip everyone. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KentExile said:

To pre-empt the "where do I have to be/travel to in order to watch the game tomorrow on Rovers TV" question

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/16/watch-our-clash-against-the-canaries-on-roverstv-/

Unfortunately, Sweden is not on the list even though our game isn't being shown on via play, the EFL partner here. Guess I'll have to hope some kind sole can provide a good alternative. 

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

This was one of the tougher Championship fixtures in years gone by, but not so much today, imo. Not taking them lightly, but they are there for the taking tomorrow. They've lost a few quality players in recent years, they have a new manager who is trying to figure things out, this Rowe fella seems to be causing a bit of a rumpus too and they have Hanley and Duffy at the back. Any club that is relying on those two must be desperate (as we know). Looks more of a challenge than Derby, but these are a poor imitation of previous Norwich sides in this Division and are doable.

Norwich 1-2 Rovers.

With Sam Szchmodics gone, it might be a tougher fixture.

9 hours ago, Bethnal said:

Think the front four is wrong here.

Weimann almost certainly doesn’t have a start in his legs yet, Hedges is ineffective from the left and Gueye is too big of a handful not to start.

I’d have Dolan on the left (ahead of Siggy) Ohashi behind Gueye and Hedges from the right. Responsibility for Brittain to get to the byline and Pickering to cross from deep for Gueye, with the three behind Gueye running off him for anything through the middle.

Lots of potential for this to go well, if we attack the opportunity.

Not for me, I thought it suited us having a left footer on the left wing which gave us the option crossing from wide areas with out swinging cross. 

He started in the cup and given JRC was carrying an injury before the Derby game, I would bring in off the bench to replace Weimann after 60 mins 

Can't see us getting anything here...we were struggling against a poor Derby side until Szmodics came on and turned the game. 2-0 Norwich win and a shocker from Pears. This will be long and hard season.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Can't see us getting anything here...we were struggling against a poor Derby side until Szmodics came on and turned the game. 2-0 Norwich win and a shocker from Pears. This will be long and hard season.

Yes, I'm getting that vibe too. I think we may underestimate the contribution of the Super Sammie, all that running on and off the ball, chasing down the opposition, never say die attitude and (crucially) the ability to pick a sublime pass. Not that I think the contemporary Canaries are any great shakes, but I think East Anglian pride, a partisan crowd and that long journey on Waggot's Charabanc will put us on the back foot. Having said that, I think we have more 'men' in the side this year than last, and perhaps we have acquired a tactician in the dugout.

Head - Rovers Reverse (Canaries 2 Rovers 1)

Heart - Canaries in a Coal Mine (Norwich 1 Rovers 5)

Whup me with a Wallaby - Honourable draw 2-2 and everyone goes home talking about the swashbuckling new style icons from East Lancashire

COYB! COYP! Just COME ON!!

Pears

Brittain   Carter.     Hyam.   Pickering

Travis         Sonny

JRC               Dolan              Hedges

Gueye

Hilton, Duru, Batth, Mcfadz, Bucko, Weimann, Siggy, Ohashi, Tyjon

Norwich 1 - 3 Rovers - Gueye, Ohashi x2

level 1-1 and at 60 mins Yuki, Siggy and Weimann come on to spark a Rovers win.

I can't see past a Rovers win on a close game, 1-2 to us.

I've watched both Norwich games, league and Carabao, and they won't fix their defensive problems by Saturday afternoon.

Their protracted and as yet uncompleted change of majority shareholder adds to the mix and uncertainty of a new manager cutting his teeth and sussing out the league and his players.

I do hope they play both Hanley and Duffy and at some point we have Gueye and Ohashi on field together to rip them a new one. They will be our main scorers and assist providers this season.

I hope Gueye is getting intensive coaching in shooting. His body positioning, stance etc is just plain wrong almost every time he takes a shot. The first issue is getting them on target, then putting his laces through the ball. His overall game still gets him a starting place.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 4