BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Norwich City (a) - 17/08/2024

14 hours ago, KentExile said:

To pre-empt the "where do I have to be/travel to in order to watch the game tomorrow on Rovers TV" question

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/august/16/watch-our-clash-against-the-canaries-on-roverstv-/

"The game will be shown live on RoversTV in the following 'dark market' and 'unsold territories', where there is no EFL broadcast agreement in place"

So, the deciding factor appears to be the EFL broadcast agreement and not if a country whilst having such agreement is not showing any match.

I hope I've got that wrong, it makes no sense.

Meanwhile certain clubs point their fans overseas.

This game is live in the US on Paramount+ and CBS Sports Golazo and if you know Google I don't need to give even the directions certains clubs do.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Pears

Brittain   Carter.     Hyam.   Pickering

Travis         Sonny

JRC               Dolan              Hedges

Gueye

Hilton, Duru, Batth, Mcfadz, Bucko, Weimann, Siggy, Ohashi, Tyjon

Norwich 1 - 3 Rovers - Gueye, Ohashi x2

level 1-1 and at 60 mins Yuki, Siggy and Weimann come on to spark a Rovers win.

I think we'll line up as above.

1-1 though for me, probably 1 down and then Weimann to come off the bench and grab an equaliser.

20 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I think we'll line up as above.

1-1 though for me, probably 1 down and then Weimann to come off the bench and grab an equaliser.

Don't want to appear rude but that side looks woefully inadequate up front. No presence in the air whatsoever.

We've signed 2 genuine strikers, time to see what they are worth.

Thought this false nine stuff had been put in the dustbin where it belongs.

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

Don't want to appear rude but that side looks woefully inadequate up front. No presence in the air whatsoever.

We've signed 2 genuine strikers, time to see what they are worth.

Thought this false nine stuff had been put in the dustbin where it belongs.

That's just how I think JE will line us up 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Malta is now a country Rovers TV cannot be transmitted to so  I understand why I wasn't offered a renewal.

I ordered mine from Spain, but had to pop to Italy, to watch it last week.

I can watch from here me this week, so no need to travel anywhere, Very pretty nifty. 

• Like 4

I would have fancied us to win this had we still had SS, as it is I fear his sale will have killed all momentum and have had a demoralising effect.

Lot of pressure on the new lads now, big difference between going out knowing you have SS in reserve if need be, and not having another option.

2-0 or 3-1 Norwich.

However, I'm usually wrong at predicting the results of football matches, so here's hoping.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

I think some of us are getting carried away with our start, naturally of course but a draw here would be a fine result. First home game of the season for them after a poor display against Oxford will have them bang up for it. We also have our defensive issues to address and I think the manager will want to see us do that today by being very organised and difficult to play against. I think the result away at Stockport has misled some into thinking that this is the way we will play away from home... Eustace seems to be a very realistic man and will probably play to the occasion, wanting us to stifle them and turn it into a dull game for us to grow into. So I'm predicting a return to his 11 men behind the ball tactics we witnessed a lot last season and look to hurt them on the counter attack. When he came in we were told that he likes to keep it tight away and be more attacking at home so with a pre season under his belt and his feet firmly under the table I expect him to fall into this pattern. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

I think some of us are getting carried away with our start, naturally of course but a draw here would be a fine result. First home game of the season for them after a poor display against Oxford will have them bang up for it. We also have our defensive issues to address and I think the manager will want to see us do that today by being very organised and difficult to play against. I think the result away at Stockport has misled some into thinking that this is the way we will play away from home... Eustace seems to be a very realistic man and will probably play to the occasion, wanting us to stifle them and turn it into a dull game for us to grow into. So I'm predicting a return to his 11 men behind the ball tactics we witnessed a lot last season and look to hurt them on the counter attack. When he came in we were told that he likes to keep it tight away and be more attacking at home so with a pre season under his belt and his feet firmly under the table I expect him to fall into this pattern. 

He can park Waggott's luxury Coach across our goal if we come away with the 3 points.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

"The game will be shown live on RoversTV in the following 'dark market' and 'unsold territories', where there is no EFL broadcast agreement in place"

So, the deciding factor appears to be the EFL broadcast agreement and not if a country whilst having such agreement is not showing any match.

I hope I've got that wrong, it makes no sense.

Meanwhile certain clubs point their fans overseas.

This game is live in the US on Paramount+ and CBS Sports Golazo and if you know Google I don't need to give even the directions certains clubs do.

So what country do I need to travel to to watch?

30 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Meanwhile, at Kenilworth Road, our old ‘keeper, Walton has had little to do vs Liverpool.
Makes a heady save there… 

100% Ben Bensons fault.

Edited by Polky
  • Like 6