BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tracking our (outbound) loan players 24/25

On 31/08/2024 at 17:24, Polky said:

I watched the highlights, I don't think that's true for the Bristol Rovers game - think it's just a fan who has taken an instant dislike to a loan player and blames him for all their ills.

29 minutes ago, Gutted said:

Actually some very impressive play from him there. Hope he can build on it.

He just needed consistent game time - he's clearly a very talented player.

He also needs to learn to stay on his feet - too many slide tackles in that highlights package, you're asking for a yellow card in the modern game.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

There’s definitely a player there for me.

I like him too.  I like this thread too great idea.  It is good to have some insight on how our loans are fairing. Good stuff.  I don't.even know half the players listed. Keeping tabs on those that have been around the first team will be fun, I hope. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I like him too.  I like this thread too great idea.  It is good to have some insight on how our loans are fairing. Good stuff.  I don't.even know half the players listed. Keeping tabs on those that have been around the first team will be fun, I hope. 

I concur.

Of course I would love to be like a Prem club and buy Willy nilly, getting players for millions of dollars. Hell, even the smaller amount in comparison that someone say like Coventry, has done. However, that obviously is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

With this being said, I like building up the youth players that we have by sending them out on prudent loans as well as getting their feet in the rough and tumble of the Championship perhaps quicker than other clubs would.

If we ever want to get back to the Prem or just be more successful in general than we have been, than that is the way forward.

9 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He just needed consistent game time - he's clearly a very talented player.

He also needs to learn to stay on his feet - too many slide tackles in that highlights package, you're asking for a yellow card in the modern game.

I like a player who likes a tackle but I agree, in today’s football you get carded for tackles that wouldn’t even be a foul 25 years ago.  The type of injuries has changed has result in my opinion. You hardly ever hear of players suffering a broken leg these days but cruciate injuries happen all the time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Cable Guy said:

I concur.

Of course I would love to be like a Prem club and buy Willy nilly, getting players for millions of dollars. Hell, even the smaller amount in comparison that someone say like Coventry, has done. However, that obviously is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination.

With this being said, I like building up the youth players that we have by sending them out on prudent loans as well as getting their feet in the rough and tumble of the Championship perhaps quicker than other clubs would.

If we ever want to get back to the Prem or just be more successful in general than we have been, than that is the way forward.

I used to think like that but the game has changed. The minute you get a top player the big clubs come in and snap them up. See Wharton or Sammi. They even take the decent ones like Raya, Kaminski, Hanley etc. You never get the chance to build a team. They’ll let you keep the Nyambe’s, Garrett’s Jack Vale’s. 

For a team in our position the way out of this league is the Luton way. Mainly seasoned pros playing basic football. We had our chance at footballing our way out of this division with the parachute money and we let a succession of managers blow it.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

Yes, and cheers to @KentExile for putting in the tracking legwork! Sometimes loans get covered in the Academy thread, but not as relevant for loans like Garrett, Markanday, O'Riordan, and Vale, plus maybe Batty (who got his first start for Accrington in an EFL Trophy game, which they lost 4-1...)

Generally happy with the loans this past window. Maybe would've liked to see Markanday get a L1 move, but he needs some senior game-time in any case. Jackson reported the other day that there is a January recall clause for Garrett. I wonder if Markanday has one too, more for if we could get him a League One loan if he does dominate League Two...

Sounds like Markanday will tear up L2, and it was only a matter of time for Garrett to grab a starting spot with Bristol. Saw a couple Cambridge supporter posts blaming O'Riordan for 3-4 goals already. Had a glance myself at the replays and definitely at fault for a couple, but others less clearcut to me. May partly be some venting after a poor start for them. Saw one Cambridge supporter saying O'Riordan obviously has some ability, but has had a few key mistakes. Hopefully they keep playing him so he can iron that out...

• Like 3

Love this from Garett.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24558498.blackburns-garrett-opens-honest-john-eustace-talks/

"I got Young Player of the Year last year which has brought me a lot of confidence for this season but I feel like this season I want 30 games minimum. I know what goals I've set myself and at the end of the day it's how I progress and that's when I'm on the pitch and playing 90 minutes."

So glad he chose to drop a league and get experience and regular mins.

Equally pleased as I live close to Bristol rovers (the gas!) stadium so get to see him a lot this season which is great.

• Like 2

Montgomery started earlier this week for Marine in a 2-0 loss.  Atcheson has not featured for them in a few weeks since coming off early with a head injury, fingers crossed it is precautionary rather than anything serious.  But he has been named in the Northern Ireland U21 squad who play England tomorrow night on live on BBC Sport and Tuesday v Ukraine

Goddard should play tonight for Dundalk

A few should feature on Saturday

Garrett will be on Sky Sports + at 3pm for Bristol v Barnsley (who may have Gent in the side)

As will

Markanday for Chesterfield v Grimsby,

Batty for Accrington v Notts County

There are also fixtures on Saturday at 3pm for Fylde (Gamble), Marine (Montgomery), Annan (Wood), Bamber Bridge (Michalski & Mullarkey-Matthews), Macclesfield (Boggan) & Clitheroe (Honor)

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 6

On 04/09/2024 at 02:53, The Cable Guy said:

I concur.

Never heard of him 

• Like 3