BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tracking our (outbound) loan players 24/25

Switched to the Notts County / Accrington game.

Batty must be seriously quick because that's twice (both from GK kicks after a corner) that he's been the most advanced Stanley player. They're looking to counter with his speed. 

6 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Own goal?  Wasn't it McGoldricks?

Keeper had it easily covered - Batty stuck out a lazy leg and redirected it past the keeper. I'm sure they'll give it to McGoldrick, but Batty was clearly at fault. 

• Like 1

Garrett played 90 mins for Bristol Rovers as they lost 2-1 to Barnsley

Markanday scored in a 2-1 win for Chesterfield v Grimsby

Batty was taken off 10 mins from time with Accrington 2-0 down to Notts County

Gamble came off the bench with the game at 2-2, as Fylde lost 4-3 to Yeovil

Montgomery played the 90 mins for Marine as they drew 0-0 with Darlington

Wood scored the 3rd as Annan hammered Stranraer 5-1

Eastham conceded a last minute goal as Ashton Utd lost 1-0

Michalski was in goal for Bamber Bridge who lost 5-1

• Like 3

Always had a soft sport for Annan, i used to shoot there a lot in the late 70s/early 80s.

If anyone has been there, you'll see what a small town/community it is. Similar sort of place as Clitheroe, not much else close by but real friendly community spirit.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Always had a soft sport for Annan, i used to shoot there a lot in the late 70s/early 80s.

If anyone has been there, you'll see what a small town/community it is. Similar sort of place as Clitheroe, not much else close by but real friendly community spirit.

Until this loan, I thought it was just Kofi's surname.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Rovers finally confirm that Jalil Saadi has extended his contract as he gets a  lovely Cypriot holiday for the rest of the season.  This one may be a little more difficult to track as they do not seem to have any social media in English that I can find

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/10/saadi-secures-cyprus-switch/

I still find it strange that he was offered a new deal in the first place. 

Good luck to him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I still find it strange that he was offered a new deal in the first place. 

Good luck to him.

The only thing that makes any sense is that when he was offered the deal there was a very real chance that due to financial restrictions, he may have been considered as being possibly a cheap squad filler, and since that time, fears over finances have calmed somewhat following sales of Gally and Sammie.   But obviously we have owners that do not seem to operate on any sort of logic which we can fathom, so who knows?

Edited by KentExile

10 minutes ago, KentExile said:

The only thing that makes any sense is that when he was offered the deal there was a very real chance that due to financial restrictions, he may have been considered as being possibly a cheap squad filler, and since that time, fears over finances have calmed somewhat following sales of Gally and Sammie.   But obviously we have owners that do not seem to operate on any sort of logic which we can fathom, so who knows?

Undoubtedly he was cheap but at 22 I am more concerned that he could have been blocking the progress of a younger player with more potential as there was no possibility he would get near the first team. There are others who fall into this category too a few of whom are already out on loan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Undoubtedly he was cheap but at 22 I am more concerned that he could have been blocking the progress of a younger player with more potential as there was no possibility he would get near the first team. There are others who fall into this category too a few of whom are already out on loan.

All the best to Saadi and he seems to have made an interesting career move on loan in Cyprus.

However, the decision to contract him and now loan him out looks concerning as to how the club is run. After he was given a new deal, I think the rational thing to have done is to ask Saadi to do a job in the U21s this season to help the youngsters adapt. His versatility, relative experience and French language would've helped a squad somewhat weakened by loans and inevitable injuries. Now that he is off on loan, the contract extension makes even less sense. But, again, best of luck to him and his and his representatives' good fortune.

On good fortune (and, no doubt, effort, having recovered from injuries during his time), I noted that recently released LB, Lenni Rae Cirino came of the bench to replace his brother(?), Rafael, for Montserrat in their defeat to Ecuador. As far as I know, he's not found a club but quite a turn up to have a chance to play international football at that level.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

On good fortune (and, no doubt, effort, having recovered from injuries during his time), I noted that recently released LB, Lenni Rae Cirino came of the bench to replace his brother(?), Rafael, for Montserrat in their defeat to Ecuador. As far as I know, he's not found a club but quite a turn up to have a chance to play international football at that level.

Yes, Rafeal is Lennis brother

Edit - and have just discovered that the Montserrat national team have been managed by Lee Bowyer for the past 12 months

Edited by KentExile

8 hours ago, KentExile said:

Rovers finally confirm that Jalil Saadi has extended his contract as he gets a  lovely Cypriot holiday for the rest of the season.  This one may be a little more difficult to track as they do not seem to have any social media in English that I can find

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2024/september/10/saadi-secures-cyprus-switch/

Their Facebook has some posts in English.

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1